shape
carat
color
clarity

My Christmas Bling is Here--much thanks to Gene and Mark!!

MrsM

Shiny_Rock
Step 1: The Stone

So, I have fallen madly in love with colored stones thanks to you supportive and extreme "enabling" people on CS. I have learned so much from everyone the past year and have been trying to absorb all the wonderful knowledge people share so openly here. A few months ago, I spotted a beautiful tsav from Gene and snapped it up right away as I fell in love with the color and knew that I wanted a green stone. This was my first purchase from Gene but it all went effortless and I was blown away when I opened the box as I have quickly learned that what you see on the computer screen is often not what you see in real life. But in this case, I was not disappointed. Here is Gene's picture which accurately represents what I see in real life. Stone is a 6.24mm square cushion.

More coming on the setting...

tsavfromgene.jpg

wordie89

Brilliant_Rock
Re: My Christmas Bling is Here--much thanks to Gene and Mark

Love that intense green. Good to know all a advertised. :appl:

MrsM

Shiny_Rock

Step 2: The Setting

When I purchased the stone, I knew that I wanted it set in a Tiffany Legacy-like settings. I went to several Tiffany stores and tried on their rings with the various colored stone options they have. To be honest, I was disappointed on how they looked because of the quality of their setting as well as the actual colored gems. But I did not let that deter me as I knew that I had a beautiful tsav and could find a PS vendor to make the setting I envisioned.

I spent some time reading old posts about Legacy-inspired settings and emailed a few vendors and actually had some Bev K samples sent out to me to try on. Also looked into LOGR and other overseas vendors but was afraid to take a chance as I knew I only had one shot to get this right. That is when I turned to Mark @ERD and never looked elsewhere. He was responsive despite the fact that his mom was having health issues at the time and he was dealing with her going in the hospital. When I told him his quote was over my budget, he was more than willing to work with me. I suggested removing some melee, etc. to bring the cost down to my budget, but he was amazing and said he would make the ring at my budget. I could not believe it! So for anyone who has fallen in love with one of ERD's settings, I highly recommend working with Mark to make things happen as he will go out on a limb to make the customer happy. Tell him MrsM on Pricescope send you.

It only took about 2-3 weeks for him to make the ring, which I just received today. I can honestly say that it came out even better than I had imagined. The stone is did not go dark in the setting and the proportions of the halo are just as I wanted. The only minor issue is that it is sized a little too small, but I shoved it over my knuckle so I could take some photos before sending it back for resizing. It is nighttime here now, so I only have a few shots taken at work but I will get more this weekend if it is sunny outside.

So, without further ado, here is the reveal of my Christmas bling...

tsavring1.jpg

tsavring2.jpg

tsavring3.jpg

tsavring4.jpg

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock

WoW,
I'm afraid we're gonna need a round of smelling salts!

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Love it!!! Fantastic first!!

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Beautiful!!! :appl: :appl:

justginger

Ideal_Rock

What a delicious color! Absolutely gorgeous. :lickout:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gene's stones are pretty amazing; your tsavorite is no exception.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow, that's spectacular!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Large stone, and the cut makes it look even larger. I think the setting matches it very well. A beautiful Christmas present, merry X-mas!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock

And it's the most beautiful Christmas green imaginable! Gorgeous tsav & wonderful setting. Glad it was such a happy experience too!

--- Laurie

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

A very beautiful green in a splendid setting just in time for the holidays. Gene is one of the few vendors who takes very accurate pictures. Add his good eye for colour and excellent cutting skills, you cannot go wrong with one of his precision cut stones. It's great to know that Mark of ERD is more than willing to work with customers when under strict budgets. Enjoy your lovely ring.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock

Beautiful ring :love: And how wonderful that ERD was able to work within your budget!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock

That is such a stunning piece!!!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock

That is such a stunning piece!!!

SB621

Ideal_Rock

Gorgeous piece! I didn't know Gene had any tsavs!!! I have contacted other vendors for a pear but haven't gotten anywhere. Now that the bling budget is zero I find this....aww the heart break! Oh well enoy your new ring...it is stunning!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock

Beautiful!

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock

I love it MrsM! :love:

Jereni

Brilliant_Rock

Such a great looking stone and ring!!!! I am so into green stones :) Very Christmas-y!

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock

I love it - congratulations!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock

That ring is gorgeous :love: A tsav is next on my wish list, love your stone! Great idea for setting it.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock

Love tsavorites and Gene's cutting! This is gorgeous!

MrsM

Shiny_Rock

Just came home from a quick weekend getaway with the family to read all these nice comments. I wore the ring for the first time, and am very happy with it. Gene's cutting is spectacular and the green is truly a beautiful Christmas green in almost all lighting:). Thanks for all the lovely comments. Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday season...and looking forward to seeing everyone else's Christmas bling soon :wink2:

rosetta

Ideal_Rock

You're off to a great start!! :love:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow, that is a beauty!!!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock

Congrats!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Beautiful stone and really elegant in its new home. I love the legacy settings and your Tsav looks very regal in it.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

LD|1359252714|3364473 said:
Beautiful stone and really elegant in its new home. I love the legacy settings and your Tsav looks very regal in it.

I know, right?!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results