shape
carat
color
clarity

my choices are limited due to time !

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

aguyinlove

Rough_Rock
I wanted to say thank you to everyone who has assisted me on here.
2.gif

ok so I think I have two options please let me know if I have more.

1st) I can buy a Tiffany Ring which is a 1.54crt H VS1 @ $21,300 US while in america

2nd) I can buy the first diamond we where talking about which got a 6.5 I think on the Holloway Cut Adviser for $22,000 Aus with the ring made

http://www2.gia.edu/reportcheck/index.cfm?fuseaction=home.showReportVerification&reportno=15744560&weight=1.58

I''m not keen on the 2nd option as the diamond looks like glass when you look at it on some angles. But I do want to propose to her while over seas and without a ring this will be hard to do =:)....

what do people think should I find a different way to propose or buy one of the rings.. this is a big decision for me..

thanks my friends

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just propose with the diamond and let her choose the setting?

aguyinlove

Rough_Rock
Date: 12/10/2009 6:01:32 PM
Author: Stone-cold11
Just propose with the diamond and let her choose the setting?

Hello Stone-cold11, thank you for your reply.. you think this is ok ? I'm now getting excited again ! =:)

Do you think I will find a good jeweler to make the ring easy enough ?

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have not use jogia as I am based in US. But quite a few Aussie have use them and gave good reviews.

Not sure about getting a setting from another vendor but the Aussies should be able to give you more review? Start a thread asking their opinion in that?

For the stones, you will probably have to lower the color or clarity grade a little to fit the 18k AUD budget for the loose stone.

aguyinlove

Rough_Rock
Date: 12/10/2009 7:57:08 PM
Author: Stone-cold11
I have not use jogia as I am based in US. But quite a few Aussie have use them and gave good reviews.

Not sure about getting a setting from another vendor but the Aussies should be able to give you more review? Start a thread asking their opinion in that?

For the stones, you will probably have to lower the color or clarity grade a little to fit the 18k AUD budget for the loose stone.

Thanks for the feedback... and so the reason I need to look for a lower clarity grade or color is because I''m getting a better cut right ? I will settle with a 1.5crt F Vs2 Excellent cut.. should I be able to get this ?

many thanks for all your time... I should bring you a bottle of aussie red over when I''m there in a couple of weeks.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Why not order a ring from a US vendor with a great return policy etc. and then have them ship it to a FedEx location near where you will be on your vacation? They can send it "hold for pickup" and then you will need to show up with your passport to prove who you are, and then you can collect your ring! If you choose a simple gold setting I am sure that you could have it within your time frame.

outatouch0

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/10/2009 10:17:53 PM
Author: dreamer_dachsie
Why not order a ring from a US vendor with a great return policy etc. and then have them ship it to a FedEx location near where you will be on your vacation? They can send it ''hold for pickup'' and then you will need to show up with your passport to prove who you are, and then you can collect your ring! If you choose a simple gold setting I am sure that you could have it within your time frame.
Ditto - this gets my "vote"

Why force upon yourself the two aforementioned bad options? Perhaps the self imposed time constraint has tunnelled you vision? Also consider - what if they don''t have a ring you like within your budget when you visit Tiffany? This leaves too much to chance for my tastes.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
This is a great option. You can get a gorgeous stone at a much better price than Tiffany this way.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/11/2009 12:04:22 AM
Author: outatouch0

Date: 12/10/2009 10:17:53 PM
Author: dreamer_dachsie
Why not order a ring from a US vendor with a great return policy etc. and then have them ship it to a FedEx location near where you will be on your vacation? They can send it ''hold for pickup'' and then you will need to show up with your passport to prove who you are, and then you can collect your ring! If you choose a simple gold setting I am sure that you could have it within your time frame.
Ditto - this gets my ''vote''

Why force upon yourself the two aforementioned bad options? Perhaps the self imposed time constraint has tunnelled you vision? Also consider - what if they don''t have a ring you like within your budget when you visit Tiffany? This leaves too much to chance for my tastes.
Yes, I think it is crazy to rush into spending 20k. I think your gf would understand why you perhaps waited to propose, or did something unorthodox like propose without a ring if she understood how much money was at stake and your desire to get her the best.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results