shape
carat
color
clarity

My Charlotte Pants arrived!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Wooohoooo, my first Charlotte pants purchase just got here!
9.gif
And I''ve gotta say, they are even cuter than I dared hope for, I LOVE THEM SO MUCH!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

So thank you whoever pointed out the shopbop sale the other day (can''t find the old thread), and to the pricescope community at large for constantly raving about them so I made the plunge! YAY!
9.gif

Now I''m going to go get some other variations I think...
31.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
ha!! i was searching for the old thead too! i was going to post the same thing!! they''ve arrived and are BEYOND AWESOME!! and that''s coming from someone who fits into NOTHING!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

i ordered both the black and chocolate pants. i need to have them altered at the bottom. even with 4.5" wedges, they are too long. maybe i should try washing them first, though. didn''t mara mention she threw them in the washer and dryer??
33.gif

i also ordered the chocolate shorts and let me tell ya, they are THE BEST SHORTS EVER!!! super cute, not too short & super comfy!!! LOVE them to death!!
30.gif

I need to order another pair of shorts!!

didn''t someone say the white pants are a bit revealing? i want to order those but not if that''s the case. i wonder why the fall colors are on sale but not the summer ones??

YEAH!! i have something to wear for the honeymoon!!
36.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i forgot to say:

it was too funny the look on FI''s face when i pulled the shorts out of the bag. he was like whaaa? what''s that?!!
tee heee hee. i have to say they do look strange! but, super easy for packing!!

i really want the Arena Dress, but they''re out of my size.
8.gif

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Haha, I know, I kept reminding myself not to get my hopes up too much, but they are SOOOOO GREAT!!!! I got the capris in sand, and changed into them in my work bathroom and am totally wearing them now for the rest of the day!
9.gif

I think I want to get full length chocolate....but my fiance (who hasn''t seen them yet) thinks I''m crazy for already having come to this conclusion. And I don''t even own any shorts at the moment so maybe this would be a good way to break back into shorts....did you get the bermuda or the short shorts? And I was looking at the Arena dress too, so cute!! Hehe thanks PS!
3.gif

Oh and as for revealingness: the sand ones are thick enough that you can''t see the color of my dark underwear, but I reeeeeally should be wearing a thong. (sorry if TMI!) But color-wise they''re not too thin at all!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i got the short shorts. LOVE THEM.

did you get the capris in sand?

how tall are you?

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Yup, capris in sand! They fall about where they fall on the model on me. I''m five 6 1/2, usually wear a small but ordered medium since everyone said they run small. How tall are you? Not entirely sure I want to have to deal with hemming, but I love these SO MUCH!!!!!

Okay I need to calm down.
20.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
you probably don''t need them hemmed. i am 5''
i have to hem everything
20.gif

i didn''t get the capris because i figured they''d be that awkward legnth on me- not short enough for capris and not long enough for pants
20.gif

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Ah, sorry, you probably would have to hem them then!
15.gif
But if you already hem everything....might as well get some capris and hem THEM too!
9.gif

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Jcrow, I''m five feet tall, too. And capri pants that are normal for most people look like I''m flooding. It totally sucks.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hehe actually jcrow i was just thinking of you the other day...i had on my capris and actually i was on crack. they fall to almost the top of my ankle, not my calf. so the capris on you could probably be worn with flats like flip flops and look fabulous if you want to try them. mine could just be like 2-3 inches longer and they''d be like the pants. the pants i wear with 2-3 inch heels most of the time to have them fit correctly. i never hem my stuff, i''m way too lazy, but i''m the height where just a taller shoe lets me get away with it.

anyway i had my gray capris on the other day when i met some of the PS girls for lunch and all three of them said ''mara your pants are so cute, where did you get them'' and i told them ''these are the charlotte pants we are always talking about on PS!''. they all started laughing, and they were all ''i want some too!''...totally funny. soon it will be like the sharper image ultrasonic thing...haha.

i have the white pants and it''s definitely not got a lot of bootie coverage going on, but for wear with a longer flowing kinda top they''d be fine, i''d just try to cover up the butt area and be sure to wear a nude thin thong and you''ll be fine. not for the office wear though, totally a kinda beach party or outdoor bbq kinda thing. they are very casual looking since they are cottony thin.

i''m glad you girls love them! i wear them all the time. can you believe that my 15 year old sister told me that i never dress up anymore now that i always wear ''those cotton pants''? she said that my style has gone downhill since i got married. i was like NO WAY girl, these pants are the ultimate in HIP. and COMFY. hehehee.
31.gif
ahh teenagers.

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
OK, after reading so much about them, how could I not check these out for myself?!
1.gif
Just ordered a pair of sand capris and a pair of choc. short shorts -- I desperately need clothes for our honeymoon in Mexico, so I even feel sorta justified in buying stuff right now when I really shouldn''t be!

Anyone try that long skirt/dress thingie? It looks cute, but it''s $50, which seems a bit high to me for something that looks so beach-bummy -- kinda looks like something you could get at Old Navy for like $20, you know? But it IS cute ...

Will let you know my thoughts when I get them!

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Yayyyy, another convert!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Now we can be sand capri twins, AND you can be chocolate short twins with jcrow!

Haha, and with another 30 PS-ers I''m sure...
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hehe i am a chocolate short short triplet i guess.

i have the charlotte pants in about 10 different colors and also about 2 each of gray, black, chocolate etc. i''m obsessed.

i just have the two pairs of short shorts as they are new this year...and i have about 4 sets of capris...they are so comfy!!! i guess my sister is right, i am obsessed.

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
I know, I''m already thinking "Should I buy others now in case they sell out?!" -- and I don''t even know if I like them yet! The full length pants look so cute on the model -- but then again she''s a model, and I''m not! -- that I''m really tempted to get them too, but I guess I''ll try to be patient and wait till I get my first order before I place another
21.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh one thing about the sale, shopbop and other stores pretty much only have these pants in the spring and summer! so when they sell out, that's it for this year period. then they get their new stuff next spring. that's why i always buy a load of them during the sale to tide me over, living in california means i can wear them almost all year round (except for 2-3 cold months!). also i could never really find them on ebay. i did find them on one site randomly in winter but i didn't want them then anyway.

oh also the dark colors start to fade after a few washings. so i always get 2 pairs of black or brown instead of just 1. hee hee.

my juicy sale stuff should come today, woo hoo.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
how tall are you mara??

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i just re-measured my freaking leg. if the website is right and the inseam is 24.5" then that would be dead above my ankle.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
urgh, i want to get another pair of shorts, but i don''t know what color?! is that i sign that i don''t need them -lol.
no really i have 3 pairs of shorts including the chocolate ones i just got!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock

i''m 5''7-5''8" jcrow...depending on who you ask. hahaa.

the capris do fit almost above the ankle. maybe it depends on the size you get too?? i get L and XL and both fit me.

hmmmm but 24.5"?? is that for ALL capris or just the small ones? mine are definitely longer than that. more like 28-29 or so.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/11/2006 5:14:25 PM
Author: Mara

i'm 5'7-5'8' jcrow...depending on who you ask. hahaa.

the capris do fit almost above the ankle. maybe it depends on the size you get too?? i get L and XL and both fit me.

hmmmm but 24.5'?? is that for ALL capris or just the small ones? mine are definitely longer than that. more like 28-29 or so.

thanks for replying!!

i remember you mentioned that you thought your pants were longer than what the website quoted too. i will go home and measure my pants (size small in case it makes a diff
28.gif
)
that way i can see if what the website is saying is accurate for my size or whatever, then judge if the capris will be the perfect fit.

--
anyone else order these capris?! where do they reach you & how tall are you??

-- i know this seems excessive, but i hate returning items purchased!
14.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
so the website says 31.5" inseam for the pants. i measured and mine are 32.5" inseam. hum.
if the capris are 24.5" they''d be that weird awkward length. but, if they are a bit longer then they''d be PERFECT
for pants on me.
40.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
okay i am off to measure mine for you miss jcrow.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
okay so my black capris are just shy of 25.5" for inseam (like between 25.25 and 25.5)...

and my black pants are about 33.25" for inseam. i knew my pants were definitely longer than 31.5" because i wear them with heels all the time and they are fine.

so sounds like SB''s measuring tape is wonky. hehee.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
thanks mara~

yea for the weirdo-- i need 27" to make them flip flop worthy. urgh!
so i''ll just hem my long en''s.

i''m sure i was a pain. thanks for your help!

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
i got my Charlotte stuff as well and I love them. I got the capris in sand and black, the bermuda shorts in black and white and the pants in black, cemento,chocolate and sand.

LOVE the capris, more than the pants,that's for sure! I have to get the pants hemmed as well.

And for those of you that don't like to wear thongs or for when it's that time of the month (TMI?), I picked up some Maidenform seamless underwear. The are great, don't show any lines at all and provide coverage and don't ride up, if you know what I mean
2.gif

I did notice that the black is different for all three of the ones I have. The blackest black are the capris and the pants and the shorts are washed out a bit in comparison.

ETA: I decided to order the grey capris as well since as Mara noted, they won't have them again until next year and at least I will have them already at the start of summer next year.

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Here is the maidenform underwear I was talking about. The are great. I wear them with my Juicy sweats, my jeans, everything and they don't show any lines at all and they keep their shape after washing.

The ones I have are plain, not laced, but I couldn't find the exact ones I have.

http://www.maidenform.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=70857&categoryId=&wtlCategory=Search

And here is something similar in cotton, but the ones I have are a nylon/spandex blend.

http://www.maidenform.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=36215&WT.mc_n=yahoo&WT.mc_t=portal

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/12/2006 3:50:16 AM
Author: butterfly 17
Here is the maidenform underwear I was talking about. The are great. I wear them with my Juicy sweats, my jeans, everything and they don''t show any lines at all and they keep their shape after washing.

The ones I have are plain, not laced, but I couldn''t find the exact ones I have.

http://www.maidenform.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=70857&categoryId=&wtlCategory=Search

And here is something similar in cotton, but the ones I have are a nylon/spandex blend.

http://www.maidenform.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=36215&WT.mc_n=yahoo&WT.mc_t=portal

Ok, it seems a little weird to be replying about what kind of panties I wear, but I love those no-show panties! They''re my favorite! So comfy. I wear the cotton and they sound just as good as the nylon/spandex. Now I have to go check out the Charlotte pants!

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/11/2006 4:17:39 PM
Author: ellaila
but I guess I''ll try to be patient and wait till I get my first order before I place another
21.gif
OK, so much for being patient -- I just placed another order! The capris in gray and the beach pants in ivory cream
4.gif

I figure if I love them as much as you all do, then I''ll be psyched to have them all (so that''s 2 capris, 1 pants, and 1 shorts). If I hate them for some reason, then I''m thinking I can either sell them to some of you (ha ha) or on ebay or something, so hopefully either way it''s win/win!

Now I sit and wait patiently ... jeez, this is almost as bad as the anticipation of waiting for my wedding dress to arrive!
9.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
butterfly 17- hum, really? i always thought those kinds would be most uncomfy. so now i need to look into them! i was looking at VS for some undies for the wedding and they really don''t have any nice white ones. they all are those boy shorts type. maybe this is the reason?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
ela...i would imagine you could sell them on ebay if they don''t work out as there is typically only one or two pairs up there so i think you could get a good price, at least what you paid ! however i''m sure you, like everyone else who has tried these, will be addicted!!! i just love these things. no matter what my sister says.
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results