shape
carat
color
clarity

my cat... very sad...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

San Diego Bride

Shiny_Rock
my beloved cat died this week. i adopted her as a small kitten when she was abandoned by her mom. for 10 years she was my loyal companion who remained by my side through all of life''s ups and downs. she was incredibly affectionate, coming to the door every time i came home and sleeping next to me every evening. she gave so much and expected very little in return. i can''t believe she''s gone. any words of advice for how to cope from fellow cat lovers?

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
39.gif
I''m soooooooooooooo sorry for your loss! Anyone who says pets are ''just pets'' and not part of the family is talking out of their behind...

I am an owner of 2 cats, one dog. I haven''t lost a cat mainly because I''m a new lover of cats (well the ones who are perky, fun, and the ones that are like my 2 and how yours was!!)

I lost a dog, Benji, who was almost 14. Call it a blessing in disguise, but we put him down before I started grad school. I was a wreck... Nothing can replace him...

Just take time, and try to remember the good times... Your cat wil ''live on'' when you talk about what a wonderful cat he was... I''m sorry..
7.gif

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh novia, I''m am so sorry about your loss
7.gif
I''ve grown up with cats and just adore them, and for the first time last Easter I was catless when my beautiful boy Oggi was put down at the age of 8 from kidney failure. I was shattered beyond belief, but really enjoyed sitting down and looking through my photos of Og and having a good laugh to myself with my memories of him, he was a real character and I still miss him terribly. That helped boost my spirits a bit. I''ll be thinking of you xox

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry. I went through this too recently and my PS friends were an INCREDIBLE support to me. Here is the link for you to read about Teddy''s Story and I hope you might get some comfort from it with the wonderful things people posted for him. Take it a day at a time and cry when you need to. Hugs to you, many of us know how you feel.
15.gif

blodthecat

Brilliant_Rock
I am so sorry you have lost your companion. Sending ((hugs)) to you.

Blod

Give it a little time.....but you'll look for another furry companion....right???

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Novia, it is always hard to lose a beloved pet and of course you will feel sad, and have good and bad days thinking about her. Cherish the love and memories of her. Growing up we had this awesome cat who was so sweet. We never declawed him because he went outside a lot and he let me put bonnets and dresses on him and stick him a carriage and stuff, (I was pretty young) and never once did he scratch! He used to sleep on my bed at night and purr like crazy. He was so cool and would come when we rang the bell on our deck. Later when we got our two LARGE dogs, they were like the 3 Musketeers...he seemed to not know he was a smaller cat (for a cat he was big but the dogs were 75 and 100 pounds) and they all slept on my spare bed every night and played all day together. When he died, I had moved out and was married, but even my mom bawled her eyes out an still, 15 plus years later still talks about what an awesome cat he was, and the dogs would look around for him too... Also, of course you cannot replace her, but after you mourn a bit, you might find having a new little kitty to love helps ease some of the sadness too.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am so sorry to hear of your loss. It is losing a family member and companion that has been there through thick and thin and loved you without condition, and is just heartbreaking. I''m so sorry to hear about this.

This always seems to comfort me in this situation:

"Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together.... "

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/11/2006 2:37:34 AM
Author:novia

my beloved cat died this week. i adopted her as a small kitten when she was abandoned by her mom. for 10 years she was my loyal companion who remained by my side through all of life''s ups and downs. she was incredibly affectionate, coming to the door every time i came home and sleeping next to me every evening. she gave so much and expected very little in return. i can''t believe she''s gone. any words of advice for how to cope from fellow cat lovers?
You have lost a beloved member of your family. Allow yourself the time to grieve. Take the time to remember all of the memories you made together. Cry. Laugh. You were loved by a special friend. Hugs to you in your loss.

shay

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
I''m so sorry about your cat. As much of a companion as she was to you, you were to her as well and you made her life better by being in it, just as she did to you. It''s never easy to lose a pet. I''ve had lots of pets my whole life and currently have three cats. There''s something so special about the love of an animal... the unconditional love is just something you can''t find elsewhere. Remember your kitty, think of her and realize that she was a member of your family and it is ok to grieve. And when you''re ready, find another kitty to share your love with. It won''t be a replacement, but you have so much love to give and you can honor your cat''s memory by giving that love to another cat that needs you.

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Novia, I''m soooo very sorry about your loss. I, too, am a cat lover, and I can''t imagine how sad I''ll feel when my little furbabies pass on. Just allow yourself time and space to grieve...remember, your kitty was more than "just a pet," and you''re allowed to feel as though you''ve lost a member of your family, because in essence, you have. After a little while, maybe you''ll feel better enough to adopt another kitty who needs a loving home?? :)

We''re all thinking about you and sending thoughts of peace and comfort your way!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am so sorry about your cat Novia. I know it''s very painful for you. Big hugs!!!

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
I am so sorry for your loss, novia. I hope that your fond memories of all your happiest times with your kitty will comfort you in this sad time. (((HUGS)))

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
so sorry to hear of your loss novia. may you find comfort in all of the happy times you had with her.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Novia, very sorry to hear of your loss. I hope you take comfort in the many very good years you and your cat had together. Hugs, hugs, hugs.

Siamese Kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Novia,

I''m really sorry to here about your baby. FG-I was tearing up reading your poem, because that is exactly the thought that got me through my 17 yr old Siamese''s death last month. Novia, I''m not sure what you believe, but for me knowing my kitty is somewhere now where there is no pain or illness was actually a comforting thought. Also, I think about other loved ones who have passed away who could be looking after my kitty until I can be reunited with her. Gosh, I hope this doesn''t sound really strange! Just thoughts from an obsessed cat lover!
This may be kind of soon, but have you thought about adopting another cat? I still have my 9 yr old, and I have to say, having her around has been really comforting. You''re obviously a great pet owner who really cares about her animals-think of how lucky another cat would be to have a home with you. I hope that doesn''t sound too forward-just a thought....

Hang in there-hugs,

Lisa

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Novia, I''m so sorry for your loss. I have four cats and they are the light of life (don''t tell DF!) and I can''t imagine losing any of them. They are my family as your cat was yours. We lost one of our dogs two years ago and that was just terrible, honestly we still aren''t completely over it but we believe he is in a good place now (like FG said so beautifully) and is waiting for us. Please take the time you need to grieve, we''re here for you and we understand. ((HUGS))

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
Firegoddess, Thanks for posting the Rainbow Bridge for Novia. I received that with the passing of my dog and it''s so true and I hope it helps Novia. It''s a beautiful poem and it''s so true.
39.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Oh dear--how sad. My son and I love cats and lost our pet Nahla (Bengal) , so I understand how you feel. . Thinking of you and your loss.

Sharon

portoar

Brilliant_Rock
Novia, am so sorry to hear of your loss. It''s so heart-wrenching to lose a beloved pet. Allow yourself time to greive, and don''t hesitate to remember all the special moments, silly things your cat did, times she made you feel better when you were feeling down, get out your pictures and look at them. Don''t deny your grief, she will always be in your heart. In time the grief will subside and be replaced with warm and loving memories that will continue to gladden your heart when you''re sad. She''ll always be your companion.

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry to hear about your cat...sometimes people don''t realize that they are members of the family! When I was very sad and grieving for my dog (had him for 9.5yrs)...people commented that it was *just* a dog! But he was a lot more than that, he was my best friend and a big part of our family history, and I still miss him dreadfully 4 years later.

Take time to grieve and remember your friend! Eventually your memories will make you smile instead of cry!

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Oh, Novia, I''m so sorry about your dear cat.

Hugs,
Blenheim

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
I''m so sorry for your loss!
39.gif
39.gif
*HUGS* Remember the good times you had with your baby. I went through the experience of having to put my kitty down last Fall. Post here whenever you need to and let us know how you''re doing. The PS members were so supportive in my time of need and I know we''ll be here for you.

San Diego Bride

Shiny_Rock
i can''t thank you all enough for all of your support and encouragement.

my beloved maya was the only pet i''ve had. she was so much more than "just" a pet and it''s very comforting to hear that many others understand this. it''s sad how many people are callous (not here, i mean in life in general) and think it''s no big deal. i loved reading "rainbow bridge" and would give so much to kiss her furry little head again.

there are moments that i think i''m doing ok and then i just fall apart. last night i filled maya''s food bowl because it was empty. it wasn''t until i finished pouring the food that i remembered she wasn''t going to be coming to eat it. then this morning i put my bowl of yogurt on the floor for her to lick the leftovers and felt my heart was breaking when i realized i would no longer be able to share my breakfast.

maya saw me through so much in life. she endured several moves and my crazy schedule with 10 years of school/training. all of that finally finished recently and we were going to start the "good life". i got a great job with "normal" hours so i was home a lot more (which we both loved). pretty soon we were finally moving to a house with her new dad. she would have loved it and i''m sad she won''t get to experience it. in some odd way though i feel like she got me to where i needed to be (good job, new house, great relationship, upcoming wedding) and felt it was OK to go. that might be silly, but i think it''s true.

thank you all again. please give all of your furry friends an extra hug today.

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
15.gif
39.gif
Such a difficult loss--so sorry, sweetie!!! It is going to be hard, but you had a wonderful decade with this sweetie and I think you probably had an even more special bond b/c you saved her!!!

People have very mixed views about getting a new pet after losing a beloved one, but I know that our rescue puppy girl (we''re poodle people) Tessa was a saving grace last year when we adopted her a few months after losing one....and then we lost ANOTHER one this year and again, having another loving fuzzy face to hug can be so comforting even though it can''t take away the pain or the loss.

Hang in there!!!

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry....

A short morning period in which you write a notebook full of all the great memories....

Then, a new kitten is in order so you can make more memories.

Perry

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
Novia, what you''re going through is tough
7.gif
I think the hardest part is wishing you had ONE more minute with your cat
7.gif
I felt your pain when you mentioned you couldn''t share your breakfast with you baby
7.gif
I went through that as well. As I mentioned before, we put my dog down before I started grad school. Just when I thought I could enjoy the summer with him, it was cut too short...

Rest assure that your beloved is playing with other lost pets!! Mine included!!!
1.gif

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
I am sorry novia, we have a tradition of sort here for memorial tribute to the shelter for the pets lost by community members.
I missed your cat's name so another donation will be made in memory of "novia's cat", it will help to save a life of an abandoned cat.
Hope this made you feel a tiny bit better.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/11/2006 8:23:48 PM
Author: Pricescope
I am sorry novia, we have a tradition of sort here for memorial tribute to the shelter for the pets lost by community members.
I missed your cat''s name so another donation will be made in memory of ''novia''s cat'', it will help to save a life of an abandoned cat.

Oh WOW!! I had no idea! As someone who volunteers at a local shelter... I have to say that this is just wonderful. I think I''ll make one to our shelter too, tomorrow when I go in I definitely will. Also for "novia''s cat." Cool.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/11/2006 8:23:48 PM
Author: Pricescope
I missed your cat''s name so another donation will be made in memory of ''novia''s cat'', it will help to save a life of an abandoned cat.
Omigosh, I had no idea PS was doing this. What a thoughtful tribute and way to make this world a little better for our abandoned furry companions.

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, what a great gesture!!!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results