shape
carat
color
clarity

My cat is sick, and I'm a mess

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
Oh I am so so sorry to hear the update @Mreader big hugs to you and Sugar.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Oh gosh. Such sad news. Take care.

cheers--Sharon

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh f***ing… F.

I was so confident it was going to be at least okay news. I’m so sorry. I’m angry too. To go from not a care in the world, happy twentieth, to losing her, within just a few weeks, it’s not fair and I’m so sorry.

You’re doing the right thing. For her. Letting her go before she’s begging to be released. Letting her go whilst she still remembers the good. The right thing for her but there’s nothing good about being on the other side of that equation. We all get it. I’m sitting in my car trying to not cry writing this out on my phone.

So many hugs to you both tonight. Sugar your mummy loves you so so so much.

;( ❤️ :(sad

Please don’t disappear. Let us know how you’re doing. When you can.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry about the bad news. All I can say is that it's better for her to have been unwell for so short a time. Animals are amazing like that. I know that it doesn't make it easier for you but at least you are not watching her suffer for an extended period of time. But it still breaks your heart. Please remember to take care of yourself during this difficult time.

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry to hear about your precious kitty. My heart goes out to you. I had a very similar experience, so I know how sad you must be. My own beloved kitty, the real Natasha-Cupcake (I'm nothing but an shameless imposter) passed away in January. She was with us for twenty years, just like your Sugar baby. I still think about her and miss her every day. You've given Sugar a wonderful life and as hard as it is, it's simply her time to go. Be good to your heart and have no regrets.

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So very sorry! Hugs and prayers for tomorrow,

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Urgh, this isn't the news I was hoping to hear this evening. I am so very sorry to hear that she is so poorly. You have given her an amazing & loving life. You are doing the right thing by her at the end too, allowing it to be loving, comfortable & respectful.

My heart aches for you. Big hugs to you both. I will be keeping you in my thoughts.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm very sorry. ::)

I understand how much our fur/feather babies mean to us.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m so sorry Mreader. Sending you big hugs!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sorry @Mreader. This is deeply sad, my heart goes out to you and Sugar.

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is so difficult, but you're doing the right thing for Sugar. I'm so sorry. Hugs

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
I am sorry @Mreader. It is so hard to say goodbye. My heart goes out to you.

I was really sad to see this post, because I was thinking about how you just lost your sweet Ruby earlier this year. Sugar is such a gorgeous cat... wow... and it never ceases to amaze me how they simply do not age (externally) like dogs do. They can fool you into believing they're the same kitten you took home so long ago. But Sugar is actually 96 y/o in human years. My cat was 20 y/o when she passed as well... had her since she was a stray kitten. What a bond we shared for those 20 precious years. I'm so grateful to have had her. I'm sorry you're now faced with the most awful of fur baby decisions. It never gets any easier. But you know you're doing what's best for her. She's telling you so. The other thing I wanted to mention was that I would have 100% given the go-ahead for surgery too. She had zero chance without it, as you now know. You tried your best. It is her time. Big hugs to you, my friend. ❤️

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
Hugs and warm memories to help heal your broken heart. So sorry!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so so sorry to hear this news. What a terrible shock. I hope you can love the heck out of her for the rest of the time she has.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m so sorry..:cry2:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Devastated to read the update regarding Sugar's health. I am so sorry. I understand you need time away from everything else right now. Lots of loving dust to Sugar, you and your family.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry @Mreader ...so unfair. Sending you and your family love and strength.

finerthings

Brilliant_Rock
I am so very sorry to hear about your sweet Sugar. (((hugs))) Please take care.

luvmysparklies

Brilliant_Rock
I am so sorry about this. ((hugs))

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thinking of you and Sugar and your family today Mreader. Hugs from the northeast. ❤️

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thinking of you and your family today @Mreader. Sending you hugs. I’m so sorry.

M

maru8888777

I am so sorry. I hoped that was not the outcome, but you are making the best decision to not let her suffer.
I hope you don't regret having the surgery for her. I had a similar situation with my dog and I opted out of surgery for him, and regretted it later... and surgery or not, one minute he was acting fine (the vet even came over and said he was fine) and was in tremendous distress just a few days later, and died shortly after. I thought by avoiding the surgery I'd have more time with him and he'd be ok, but that's not how it worked. Sorry for oversharing, but I thought having that might give you a little measure of reassurance.

lucida818

Brilliant_Rock
This was indeed a very sad news but please don’t beat yourself up as you have done well for the past 2 decades & you have her best interest when making this tough decision to let go.....
Please take good care of yourself @Mreader

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi All I am back with an update and it is not good news. The spot they removed was in fact an aggressive cancer and that is why they think there was so much fluid in her. I can tell that she is feeling so unwell because she hasn't eaten or drank anything since Saturday morning, and doesn't want to be petted, and is hiding. So we are probably going to say goodbye tomorrow. I cannot believe I am losing her this fast - fast in the sense that she was still acting normal despite the spot, and fast in that I just lost Ruby in May. I am heartbroken.
So sorry to hear this, hugs to you.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Hi Everyone,

She’s gone. It’s soooooo hard. It was particularly poignant the last day and a half, bc at first she was hiding but then she got in our bed and stayed there the entire rest of the time. She didn’t eat, drink or go to the bathroom. It was evident she was feeling so bad, but she moved up so she was touching me whenever I was in bed.

642AAE82-1B5E-4889-A8F3-EA6A70AA1D9B.jpeg

She was such an affectionate cat, always wanting to be on a lap, very vocal, very social etc and so for me this is tougher than with Ruby who was more aloof. Her absence is SO palpable. I’m going to miss her terribly. Thank you all for your kindness and support. Some more photos. My son is seven now so even in the pics with him as a baby she was still a “senior” but never looked it.

EDF4117F-DE24-4CD3-AD44-8C5B78A68000.jpeg
EDF4117F-DE24-4CD3-AD44-8C5B78A68000.jpeg 9C0DCB10-3D3D-4190-8BB0-4D4532A5BEB6.jpeg 79E85A3F-5471-4416-9A0C-1E4F65C34A09.jpeg B3AC03BA-ECA7-417A-9318-86331F9A0EA7.jpeg 840A27AE-CD94-4476-A5CF-8F5BCA022CA8.jpeg 79A05AB4-C73F-4850-929D-A2A7CC8F15BA.jpeg

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Words are inadequate, but I'm so sorry, Mreader. Sending you gentle hugs.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results