shape
carat
color
clarity

My cat died...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lucyandroger

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve been debating whether to post this or not because I haven''t been a member very long but I''ve been spending quite a bit of time on here lately and you guys are so supportive...

My cat, Jeffrey, was hit by a car. He lived back home with my mom and his brother from the same litter. I adopted both of them when I was a freshman in college (I lived at home). When I moved away to go to law school, they stayed with my mom. They were both always indoor cats but after I went away, my mom starting letting Jeffrey go outside. Her reasoning was that he wanted to...

Well, she told me today that he was hit by a car. She doesn''t know when, she just found his body. I am so upset...and so angry that she let him go outside. I just got off the phone with her right away because I didn''t want to say anything that I would regret.

So anyway, I''m just sad and angry- but mostly sad. I don''t really know what I''m looking for...just a little support I guess.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
(((((((((Hugs))))))))) - I can only imagine how I''d feel in your shoes. I''d be mad at mom, too, but ultimately it feels better to forgive. I''m so sorry about the loss of your sweet kitty.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Oh Lucy, I am so sorry to hear about your sweet cat Jeffery. My heart always breaks when I hear about something happening to an animal....

I hope you can find a way to forgive your Mom. You have to know that if she had know Jeffery would be killed today, she would have never let him outside of the house. Accidents, even tragic ones, do happen. But Jeffery was probably at his happiest...exploring the world...keep that thought with you...

Again, I am so sorry for your loss. ((Big hugs))

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
I''m so sorry. Big hugs to you. I can understand how you feel angry. This is something I have first hand knowledge of. It''s hard enough to be just sad when you lose a pet...Adding angry to the mix makes it almost unbearable.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m so sorry for your loss. And I can certainly understand your rage at your mother if she went against your wishes for your cats'' care. I''m sure she''s sorry this happened. Hopefully you''ll be able to forgive her in time.

FWIW -- We just started keeping our cats indoors after a rash of coyote cat deaths around here about a year ago. But they get so sad being inside once they''ve tasted freedom its hard to keep up the rule. Maybe one way to look at is that at least he got to roam a bit in his short life?? Passed away doing what he loved? Not a lot of comfort in that but maybe a teensy bit?

**HUGS**

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Send huge hugs and prayers.
7.gif

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
I''m so very sorry to hear about your kitty
7.gif

They become such a part of us, with their little paw prints on our heart.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so desperately sorry....

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
((((Hugs!!)))))

So sorry to hear... can''t imagine how you''re feeling right now.
7.gif

tlh

Ideal_Rock
lucyandroger- (((((HUGS)))))

I was very angry at my parents for putting my first cat down. I went on a trip for my birthday, and when I came back, my beloved pet was not there... I was angry, hurt and frustrated. I called them cat killers and really never celebrated a birthday again. Now, I forgave them, because ultimately my little guy had stomach cancer, and that was the right thing to do.. I just didn''t like when they chose to do it.

But that was my parents intentionally, putting my loved little one down. This is different. Some cats really do like to be outside. My kitty yolanda LOVES to go outside (here''s a picture of her swimming) https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/whats-the-best-gift-youve-ever-received.106068/
she''ll lay in the grass like a lion... and she used to bring me presents, before I would take her out for watched visits (hence the leash)... and by presents I mean, snakes, squirrels, mice, bunnies... yup... awesome huh? I wish she could go outside now, but where we live it isn''t safe, and there are a lot of ferile cats, and so, she stays inside. She''d rather be out... and I know she''d be happier not cooped up in the house.

Now, I understand you''re upset because you weren''t the one to choose this risk for little Jeffrey.. and for that I am sorry. All kitties are unique, with their own distinct personality. I am sure this guy was great, as I can tell he was loved very much. I''d love to see a photo of him, whenever you are ready to share.

Again... HUGS! Loosing a beloved pet is like losing a member of the family, and my heart really does break for your loss.
7.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry for the loss of your baby and under those circumstances. I''m sending many hugs and support your way.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
I'm sorry
15.gif

I don't want to tell you what to do, or how you feel, but I do encourage you not to stay angry at your mother (for your own well-being). Your kitty's death was an accident and your mom is probably blaming herself as it is. I'm sorry again
38.gif

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock
I am so sorry for the loss of your kitty!

I understand that it is easiest to be mad at your mom because if he wouldn''t have gone outside he may not have died. It is so sad that these things happen, but try and forgive your mom.

I am pretty new here too, but have found the people on this forum to be the most supportive people around. Don''t hesistate or feel bad for posting. We''re all here to support and need some from time to time.

I am sorry again for your loss.
7.gif

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
So sorry and sending thoughts and hugs your way.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Oh no - I''m so sorry to hear about poor Jeffrey, how incredibly tragic. I''m so very sorry to hear about this. I will be sending thoughts of healing to you - I can''t imagine how upset you must be.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Oh my goodness....I''m sorry to hear about that!
39.gif
My thoughts go out to you and your cat Jeffrey...

***BIG HUGS***

BTW, feel free to post anything anytime!!!

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Sending you a big hug! I''m so sorry for your loss. I know very well what its like to lose a beloved pet. Unfortunately bad things do happen, and people make mistakes. Try not to hold it against your mom, as I''m sure she was very well intentioned.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry. I do love Jeffrey''s name!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am so very sorry. Sending you a big hug!!

Gayletmom

Brilliant_Rock
So sorry, Lucy. Big hugs coming your way.

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
So sorry
39.gif
((((hugs))))

bebe

Ideal_Rock
I know you are are hurting Lucy. Our pets are our babies and we love them so much.
Maybe your mom thought she was doing the right thing for Jeffrey. I''ve had kitties for
all my life, they were always inside/outside cats. Lucy, my Bugsy, was sleeping
on the tire of my car. (I didn''t know it) I started the car and quickly put it in gear. I was just moving the car
from one side of the drive to the other. He lived for about 30 minutes and died in my arms.
Lots of guilt there!
Anyway, allow yourself to be sad, it''s ok. Your mom was trying to do what she thought
your Jeffrey wanted. So sorry, this happened.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ohh, I''m so sorry too! I know how it feels to lose a special kitty friend, and I send you lots of hugs!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So very sorry to hear your news Lucy. Biggest hugs outgoing.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry about your kitty.
8.gif

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
(((HUGS))) I am so sorry for your loss.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so very sorry, too! Our first two cats were kept indoors and they always longed to go out. After that, we started adopting strays who knew nothing but living outdoors. So we do allow them to be outside and feel that it is worth the risk for them to have freedom to explore nature as they are naturally inclined to do. So I hope you will be able to forgive you mom.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dear lucyandroger, the length of time you have spent here is unrelated to whether you should post here! I am glad that you felt you could come here when you were laboring under the weight of something too painful to bear alone. The story is painful even to me, an outsider. I can only imagine how much you are suffering. Sometimes I just do not know how people can go on.

I hope that knowing we care can help to give you strength. Sometimes you have to take it one day at a time or even one second at a time. I am so sorry for your loss.

Hugs,
Deb
34.gif

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
sorry for your loss.

movie zombie

lovegem

Shiny_Rock
I am sorry for your loss.
Jeffery wouldn''t want to see you getting all upset with your mom.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results