shape
carat
color
clarity

My CADs are in!

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
I had posted this on SMTB the other day before I realized that it had BGD's logo on it (I was just so excited to have the CADs that I didn't even notice- LOL) and since it was appropriately removed, I wanted to post it here and get your feedback. Please let me know what your think. My center stone is a 1.19 H SI Asscher. All of the stones will have milgrain around them and the surprise stones will be amethysts (our anniversary is in Feb). The side stones were added to match my alternating round and kite-set princess bezel eternity band. I am absolutely in love and cannot wait for the glamour shots and to finally have this on my hand!!!! :love: :love: CAD.jpg

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful and I love the way it will match your band!

TimMD

Shiny_Rock
Very nice CADS!!! :appl: I am a big fan of the little hide away diamonds, great job! 8)

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice design! Really love the kite-shape-surround to the 2nd pair of side-stones - I know it is to match your kite-set princess band, but I think it beautifully complements the lines of the Asscher center stone. I also love the milgrain details and the amethysts - looking forward to seeing your pics. And happy coming anniversary!

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
marymm|1295736868|2830030 said:
Very nice design! Really love the kite-shape-surround to the 2nd pair of side-stones - I know it is to match your kite-set princess band, but I think it beautifully complements the lines of the Asscher center stone. I also love the milgrain details and the amethysts - looking forward to seeing your pics. And happy coming anniversary!

Thanks marymm. I had a concern when I got the CADs because it looks like the second pair of stones are round, like the first pair, put into a square kite-set box. They are supposed to actually be princess cuts, so I emailed BGD and they have assured me that they will be princess cut stones. :bigsmile:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a pretty design, and how clever to have the top of the shank where the surprise stones are inset a little so a wedding band will sit flush!!

Can't wait to see pics lilM :sun:

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
Yssie|1295738475|2830048 said:
That is a pretty design, and how clever to have the top of the shank where the surprise stones are inset a little so a wedding band will sit flush!!

Thank you! I was actually worried about my eternity band rubbing up against the surprise stones and causing damage [url[https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/surprise-stones-in-gallery.154802/[/url] so I have also ordered a 1.2-1.3 mm spacer band, just in case.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lil Misfit|1295738696|2830049 said:
Yssie|1295738475|2830048 said:

Thank you! I was actually worried about my eternity band rubbing up against the surprise stones and causing damage [url[https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/surprise-stones-in-gallery.154802/[/url] so I have also ordered a 1.2-1.3 mm spacer band, just in case.

oh - I agree, good investment in the long-run ::)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW. I love it. I love it. I love it.

I can't wait to see how this turns out. I'm having (don'tkillme) random reset pangs and this setting is simply stunning.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, the CADs are a far cry from the first ring you had made! I think this ring will be stunning!

When will you have glamor shots?

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
That's going to be a stunning ring!!

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
MissGotRocks|1295748394|2830182 said:
Well, the CADs are a far cry from the first ring you had made! I think this ring will be stunning!

When will you have glamor shots?

Thank you. You are absolutely right that it is a far cry from the previous reset. Brian was right when he said he should have been the 1st jeweler I dealt with. LOL

As far as glamour shots...I am hoping to have them by the end of next week, as the ring was promised to ship by 2/1. I will post them as soon as I have them!

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy|1295741303|2830080 said:

I can't wait to see how this turns out. I'm having (don'tkillme) random reset pangs and this setting is simply stunning.

Thank you!! And don't worry, I won't kill you - LOL! I understand your reset pangs. I've been having them for awhile and to be honest, YOUR ring was the first one that actually got me thinking seriously about it. As I said in your post, I think that you and I have very similar tastes, so I appreciate your feedback.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lil Misfit|1295758397|2830292 said:

Thank you!! And don't worry, I won't kill you - LOL! I understand your reset pangs. I've been having them for awhile and to be honest, YOUR ring was the first one that actually got me thinking seriously about it. As I said in your post, I think that you and I have very similar tastes, so I appreciate your feedback.

Thank you Lil, that's exceptionally high praise.

The only thing I'd change, personally, is to put actual princess cuts in the square bezel and thin out the shank if it is over 2.5 mm wide.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Pretty setting! I agree with Gypsy about using princess cuts. Why not take advantage of the shape? I love bezels and asschers and can't wait to see the finished piece.

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
They will be princess cuts, not rounds, as shown in the CADs. I have clarified that with BGD. :)

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy|1295770191|2830346 said:
Lil Misfit|1295758397|2830292 said:

Thank you Lil, that's exceptionally high praise.

The only thing I'd change, personally, is to put actual princess cuts in the square bezel and thin out the shank if it is over 2.5 mm wide.

I did ask that the shank be as thin as possible, without compromising the structure and safety of the ring. Jamie at BGD has informed me that the CADs always look a bit heavier than the finished ring because they allow 15% overage that is shaved down when the ring is cast.

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
I'm in love :love: The ring looks wonderful! I wasn't sure from the CADs - what is the depth and thickness of the shank in mm's? Can't wait to see glamour shots -

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
bright&shiny said:
I'm in love :love: The ring looks wonderful! I wasn't sure from the CADs - what is the depth and thickness of the shank in mm's? Can't wait to see glamour shots -

Hi there. Thank you. I don't know exactly what the depth and thickness of the shank will be, but I am guessing somewhere between 2-2.5 mm. They do allow for 15% overage in the CADs that is shaved down when the ring is cast, so it will not be as thick as it looks in the CADs.

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
Glad to hear it could be that much smaller - I know CAD's are more for overall structure than detail - but my impression, beyond loving the overall structure, was concern about the 'chunkiness' of the shank. Of course, that is personal and none of my business, but I was curious. ;-)

I can't wait to see the final product!

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
Update: I talked to Jamie at BGD today and the design team has confirmed that my ring will ship no later than Tuesday 1/31. :appl: :appl:

This waiting is KILLING me!!!!! Argh!!! How do you all deal with the wait? My ring has been off of my finger for the last 6 weeks, with the exception of the week that I had it back from the local jeweler before I sent it to BGD. I miss it :((

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results