shape
carat
color
clarity

My Cads Are In!!! Please let me know what you think

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JDL

Rough_Rock
The ring is platinum and 18k yellow gold. The center stone is a GIA graded 1.10 carat fancy intense yellow. I saw the wax mold today and to be honest the cads don''t do it justice (mostly because of the center stone).

Small_Image_001.jpg

JDL

Rough_Rock

Small_Image_002.jpg

JDL

Rough_Rock

Small_Image_003.jpg

JDL

Rough_Rock

Small_Image_004.jpg

JDL

Rough_Rock

Small_Image_005.jpg

PaulaW

Brilliant_Rock
holy moly, that is a beautiful ring! I can''t wait to see the real thing!

JDL

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/15/2009 2:39:39 PM
Author: PaulaW
holy moly, that is a beautiful ring! I can''t wait to see the real thing!

Thanks Paula, I am pretty excited. I will be proposing in June.

JDL

Rough_Rock
Any questions, suggestions, recommendations or are most happy with the design? I think I am completely sold on it but would like some feedback if you have any.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Looks spectacular - assuming she likes yellow, I''d say you''ve got a winner there
9.gif

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
What a unique ring.

I love the mixture of the yellow and white gold.

It''s going to be magnificent!

Did your future fiancee have any input into the design elements or is this going to be a total surprise?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful, I love fancy yellow diamonds, super gorgeous!
30.gif
30.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Another fan here!! This is going to be a beautiful ring!

JDL

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/15/2009 10:22:00 PM
Author: SuzyQZ
What a unique ring.

Did your future fiancee have any input into the design elements or is this going to be a total surprise?

Complete surprise. I mocked it up on paper for my jeweler and he made the cabs and will be creating the ring :).

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wowza! Ditto AG, if she likes yellow/mixed metals, and BLINGALING!!, you''re golden
2.gif

LamborghiniGirl

Shiny_Rock
Trade
very unique and pretty!! does she like yellow gold?

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/15/2009 10:37:42 PM
Author: JDL

Date: 4/15/2009 10:22:00 PM
Author: SuzyQZ
What a unique ring.

Complete surprise. I mocked it up on paper for my jeweler and he made the cabs and will be creating the ring :).
So when will it be ready?
I''ve got to see pictures of this ring!
30.gif

Don''t forget to come back and post them.
18.gif

Did you take pictures of the wax?
I just LOVE 18K gold and the yellow radiant diamond will definitely be the crown jewel of this ring.
She will definitely turn heads wearing it -- for sure.
2.gif

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
AMAZING!!!! Can''t wait to see it finished!

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
Stunning! that is some serious bling
36.gif

JDL

Rough_Rock
She has shown me some fancy yellow based rings in the past. Although she leans more towards white gold/platinum, I have not seen too many yellow stone based rings with non-yellow gold prongs. The only "risky" play as you might call it is the yellow gold accent on the side, but I feel it ties the ring together nicely. I don''t think she would have any reservations about it, but that is the dice you roll when it is a complete surprise :).

As for "when", it should be ready in two weeks :)

Thanks for all of your input.

Jim

loveloveloveit

Brilliant_Rock
I was going to say "holy moly" until I saw that was someone else''s sentiment exactly! I think it will be stunning. Have you thought what kind of wedder you might put with it? I love the design and I cannot believe how many guys go to such amazing effort to create something so beautiful. Well done and good luck!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
I think its gorgeous. I LOVE yellow diamonds!!!
30.gif

PaulaW

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Jim,
I had a thought about your cad. I wonder what it would look like if there was some yellow gold in the gallery or the side profile of the ring. Maybe something like the attached? Maybe it would be too much yellow gold? Just a thought!

Small_Image_003b.jpg

JDL

Rough_Rock
Paula,

Thank you for the design suggestion.

I was actually thinking about swinging the other way. She is a white gold/platinum girl and the yellow gold on the middle tier was my design idea, I think it adds contrast and makes the ring stand out. She has no problem with yellow gold, it is just not her preference. Knowing that, would you go platinum for all 3 of the bridges or keep the yellow gold middle one?

Thanks,

Jim

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
that''s going to be a STUNNER. Can''t wait to see it

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
It''s really beautiful! Can''t wait to see the finished ring!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
i think the ring is a beautiful design but with all three of the "bridges" it looks a little thick. I also don''t like yellow gold to much but i understand why you would use it with a yellow diamond. Personally, i would get rid of the center yellow bridge and have a split shank ring with the only yellow being the center so it''s not as thick and the center truly pops. either way, it''s a beautiful ring!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/16/2009 11:34:18 AM
Author: Asscherhalo_lover
i think the ring is a beautiful design but with all three of the ''bridges'' it looks a little thick. I also don''t like yellow gold to much but i understand why you would use it with a yellow diamond. Personally, i would get rid of the center yellow bridge and have a split shank ring with the only yellow being the center so it''s not as thick and the center truly pops. either way, it''s a beautiful ring!
Ditto. Especially if she has small hands, it may be too thick for her comfort level.

JDL

Rough_Rock
She prefers a larger ring (all of her current rings are large and wide). She has (in her words) "sausage fingers" although I believe that is a gross exaggeration.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/16/2009 12:08:08 PM
Author: JDL
She prefers a larger ring (all of her current rings are large and wide). She has (in her words) ''sausage fingers'' although I believe that is a gross exaggeration.
LOL. We''re our own worst critics. You should be good to go then on the width.
1.gif

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
Can not wait to se the real ring
36.gif
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results