shape
carat
color
clarity

My Cads Are In!!! Please let me know what you think

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

PaulaW

Brilliant_Rock
Does she mix metals currently? What made you go with a yellow diamond?
I like the yellow gold for the center bridge, especially if you''re setting yellow diamonds in it. I think it''s a unique ring that has class and if she likes thicker bands, you have a winner!
You know your girl best, go with your gut! :)

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s going to be one stunning ring..

JDL

Rough_Rock
Well folks, the clock is ticking down.

For those that remember the diamond thread, I purchased the stone (GIA graded Intense Yellow 1.10 carat radiant) about 6 weeks ago now. The custom designed ring will be ready on Friday for me to pick-up (with pictures soon to follow thereafter).

Now that the dust has begun to settle, I just wanted to throw the price out there to see how the experts felt on the price now that it has been committed to.

The stone (with tax) ran $6,777.00 which from all of my research is a fair price for the quality of the stone and the intensity of the color.

The setting (platinum and yellow gold) with tax is going to cost $3,456 (as an engineer, I appreciate the symmetry) :).

The grand total is $10,233.

The dinner on the private beach has been planned and paid for. The "prop" for the proposal is already at its destination and all that is pending is my final walk through of the scene a few days before we arrive. Everything should be smooth sailing up till the moment I pop the question. I will post the pics as soon as I have them on Friday.

Thanks to everyone for their help. I had a fairly good idea of what I was looking for going into this, but the insight I gleaned from reading these boards was priceless.

tigian

Ideal_Rock
I really like it. It really stands out and is unique. Cannot wait until we can see pics of this ring on her hand.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Sounds like you''ve got everything in place! I bet the ring is stunning. Price sounds reasonable! Any finished photos for us?
1.gif

JDL

Rough_Rock
I will have the photos a few hours after I pick it up on Friday :).

The plans are to show it to my mom, stop by her parents house this weekend to ask permission all before I go to the post office and mail it to its destination where I will be proposing in about 4 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results