shape
carat
color
clarity

My Brian Gavin Truth 3 Stone Ring in Platinum...Priceless!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: My Brian Gavin Truth 3 Stone Ring in Platinum...Priceles

MissGotRocks--You are quick to notice the small details! Yes, I'm going to bite the bullet and upgrade to the 3 ct while I still have a chance! DH has given me the green light for this! Unfortunately, I have to remake the setting b/c it won't fit in the current one!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

mom2boys|1317693883|3032583 said:
MissGotRocks--You are quick to notice the small details! Yes, I'm going to bite the bullet and upgrade to the 3 ct while I still have a chance! DH has given me the green light for this! Unfortunately, I have to remake the setting b/c it won't fit in the current one!

Oh wow!! :appl: I must say I didn't even notice a 3ct in BGD's, except for an H stone - is that the one?!! More details please! :naughty:

And how fortunate you are to be able to upgrade so quickly!! Congrats!

ETA: are you keeping the sidestones the same btw?

ETAA: and how do you decide which size sidestone to go for? I ask because I'm still struggling to decide what sidestones to get for my 3-stone reset. Thanks.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

mom2boys|1317693883|3032583 said:

Yep, I missed my calling to be a detective - ha! Wow, wow and wow! A three carat center - that is going to be some ring!

Tell us about the stone and tell us how long we have to wait to see it! How exciting for you!

mitsui4

Brilliant_Rock

This is so pretty and definitely have some GREAT finger coverage~~!! Nice!! :love:

SB621

Ideal_Rock

Gorgeous Gorgeous!!!!!!! Before PS 3 stone rings never did it for me but now the more I see them the more I feel the pull to get one! I cant' wait for handshots!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

For inquiring minds, yes I did decide to upgrade to the 3 ct H SI-1 stone on BGD's website (thanks to DH!). I was told by Brian that it is eye clean! However, I'm going to keep the side stones the same--I saw roppongi's and bean's 3 stone rings and liked the proportions on them so I decided to keep these stones as is. I think they will make the center diamond pop! I'm also hoping that the H and G color difference will not be too noticeable. Does anyone else have any experience regarding differing color grades on the same ring?

They're also going to see if they can size up my bead set eternity band so I can start wearing it on my RH. Wish me luck on that one!

MissGotRocks--not sure when the ring will be ready as of yet! I will definitely start a new thread when it comes in! For now, I will have to live vicariously through everyone else's lovely rings!

Phoenix--I can't wait to see what you come up with for your 3 stone ring! Don't keep us waiting too long!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

mom2boys|1317740949|3032901 said:
For inquiring minds, yes I did decide to upgrade to the 3 ct H SI-1 stone on BGD's website (thanks to DH!). I was told by Brian that it is eye clean! However, I'm going to keep the side stones the same--I saw roppongi's and bean's 3 stone rings and liked the proportions on them so I decided to keep these stones as is. I think they will make the center diamond pop! I'm also hoping that the H and G color difference will not be too noticeable. Does anyone else have any experience regarding differing color grades on the same ring? They're also going to see if they can size up my bead set eternity band so I can start wearing it on my RH. Wish me luck on that one!

MissGotRocks--not sure when the ring will be ready as of yet! I will definitely start a new thread when it comes in! For now, I will have to live vicariously through everyone else's lovely rings!

Phoenix--I can't wait to see what you come up with for your 3 stone ring! Don't keep us waiting too long!

My current 3-stone ring has, as you may know, a "blue" G centre and an AGS F and AGS G as sides. The "blue" G looks like an F imo, so more like my GIA F side, and so yes, I can see the difference between these two and the GIA G.

To be honest also ...hhmmm... my H BGD pendant is a tiny bit tinted, even on its own but especially so when I put it next to my 3-stone ring, even in the face up position, but particularly more so when you look at them from the side (pavillion view).

I hope you don't mind my being so honest, but since you asked.... But, and this is a big "but", I'm super colour-sensitive, there's a chance YOU or some other ppl may not be so colour-sensitive and thus may not be able to detect the colour difference.

Oh, re my 3-stone ring, I don't know yet and I've decided just to take it easy on that front and not obsess over it so much like I have thus far. Plus, the USD has gone up quite a bit against our SGD, so booooo!! :(sad ;(

ETA: Even if you do notice the colour difference, you may be colour-tolerant anyway (just like I am). I'm sure the stone will be super-gorgeous and I'll bet it's absolutely eye-clean, knowing Brian's strict standards. In any case, you'll be so bowled over by the sheer size and incredible beauty of this 3ct stone, I doubt you'd even notice or be bothered by any colour difference.

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks for your honest opinion, Phoenix! I'm willing to sacrifice color for size so I think I'm going to be accepting of the H color--a lot of PSer's have beautiful H colored stones from what I've seen! Brian is going to take some pics of them together to see how they look next to one another, too. Hopefully there will be minimal difference between the 3 of them!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock

beautiful 3 stone ring :love:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'm sure there will be so much sparkle going on that you'll never notice one color grade difference. That's going to be some ring and I can't wait to see it!

Orchid Lei

Shiny_Rock

Absolutely awesome! :love:

slg47

Ideal_Rock

oh wow so you are making a 3-stone with a 3-carat center...that is going to be bling-tastic!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Well, I am late but wanted to say how beautiful your ring is (or was)! :love: I love the 3 stone truth setting and the proportions of the stones.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

mom2boys,

I wanna tell you sthg: I wore my 21-23 pt eternity band with the 3-stone ring yesterday out to the hairdresser's and last night to dinner; and OMG, it was such a bling fest!! :love: :love: I LOVED it!! and so did everyone else! :appl: It helped that both places had very good lighting and very conductive to blinging up the diamonds!!

So I just wanted to tell you that in case you're still wondering what to wear with yr new 3-stone ring. I still maintain that most of the time you should wear the 3-stone ring on its own (esp now that you're getting that gorgeous 3ct to put into it as the centre stone) and let it shine. However, for special nights out or special events, bling it up, GF!! Don't hesitate!! :naughty: :wink2:

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Phoenix--I got an update from Lesley and Brian! Looks like they can still reuse my original setting for my truth 3 stone w/ the 3ct in the middle! She commented that I shouldn't be able to see much difference in the H and G colors also (phew!). It may be ready for me by next week!

Glad to hear that I can wear both rings together for a bling fest if I want to! I did inquire about a 2.7mm plain band to go w/ the 3 stone just in case also! What do you think of VC's U cut shallow type single cut eternity band as an alternative?

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

mom2boys|1318050636|3035812 said:
Phoenix--I got an update from Lesley and Brian! Looks like they can still reuse my original setting for my truth 3 stone w/ the 3ct in the middle! She commented that I shouldn't be able to see much difference in the H and G colors also (phew!). It may be ready for me by next week!

Glad to hear that I can wear both rings together for a bling fest if I want to! I did inquire about a 2.7mm plain band to go w/ the 3 stone just in case also! What do you think of VC's U cut shallow type single cut eternity band as an alternative?

I'm so happy you can have the setting re-used. Brownie points to Lesley and Brian, and am esp happy to hear that Lesley doesn't think there'll be much difference betwen the H and G. Next week? YAY, I can't wait to see. I can't imagine how excited YOU must be feeling right now :appl:

Why do I think of that band? I think it's *divine*!! :love: :love: It'd be super-delicate and yet super-blingy!!

cemrn

Brilliant_Rock

I have a BGD 3 stone truth and I swear you will never get tired looking at it! I really love the proportions of your ring. Also I have G and H is my ring and I cannot tell a difference. I have J studs from BGD and when I place them next to the ring I can only tell a slight warmth in them.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results