shape
carat
color
clarity

My blue tourmaline ring is here!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
the yellow gold is such a perfect colour for that shade of blue.. its fabulous! and congratulations on your new house!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s very pretty-I really like it w/the yellow gold!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
super beautiful! I love the YG and the tourmaline combo!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring MTG, and congratulations on the new house!

virgoruby

Shiny_Rock
Your ring is gorgeous!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MTG,
Do you mind sharing who did the setting work? I love the low and side profile but agree about the poor bezel workmanship. The yellow metal does bring out the blue exceedingly well.

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
MTG: Congrats on your new house! Isn''t it great, you and your husband can do whatever you want to it! Enjoy!

I love that stone, such a pretty color and I think the yg is perfect with it. Love the low profile and half bezel. I agree with you that the bezel itself was not done correctly but if you are happy with it that is what counts. It is a very pretty ring thanks to all the choices you made in the stone, metal choice, and styling. I like it!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks!

Hehe, the hubby and I are quite overwhelmed with the idea of being homeowners, but I'm sure we'll figure it out!

Chrono, Mich E made the setting (and also cut the tourmaline).

Oh, and Sally received my Barry blue spinel. I have a feeling I won't wear this tourmaline ring much when I get that spinel ring back...I think this color is a little too neon and glowy for me ::hides from TL:: Don't hurt me!

ETA: Hubby's comment on first seeing the ring "Looks like a superhero ring"

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Wow the color of the stone is beautiful! Inspirational! But I can never wear yg. It just does not compliment my skincolor:)

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Snapper a few more quick pics of the different tourm personalities.

Here''s a perspective shot in shady sunlight

mtgtourmfar.JPG

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Coming back to look and oogle some more MTG! I LOVE that stone and the setting complements it so nicely. It lets the stone speak for itself.
30.gif
I saw your pic where the bezel is uneven but I just can''t get past the blue glow in that stone...like a bug to a light.
1.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fuzzy, but still pretty I think

mtgtourmfuzzy.JPG

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dim lighting indoors. A little darker , but I don''t mind

mtgtrmdarker.JPG

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Heh, one of my classmates who used to work in jewelery store was almost certain it was a blue topaz. Oops.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I think it is very pretty and a nice combo.

And about the projects. I am in the same boat as you. After the spinel I just bought, I don''t think I will be able to buy any more colored stones for quite a while (maybe a few years). I have my e-ring reset and my wedding band to keep me busy for now. And I am going to start setting the stones I have, but I will have to save to do that. ]That is part of the reason I have not been coming over here as much, I don''t want to be tempted.

But I have a nice sapphire, spessaritite, and bright pink spinel, plus a bunch of smaller stones. That should keep my right hand happy!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yup, this will be my new project for the next few months/years!

Good thing I like this kind of project too! Hehe, once we officially close, maybe I''ll try to do some glamor shots of my rings and stones outdoors with some flowers. Yay, I''ll have flowers and a yard for photos! Haha, I think my degree of excitement about that just shows how addicted to gems and PS I am.

I just adore the magnolia tree outside.

mgntree.JPG

mochi

Ideal_Rock
I really love the color of the stone and the yg. Very pretty ring.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results