shape
carat
color
clarity

My Bling Budget got increased

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
I posted the other day that I had $500 to spend on a new piece of bling. I had decided to get a pair of diamond huggies from BGD with the money. Then....hubby tells me that because he purchased himself a new toy, that I can add another $600 to my bling budget. Which leaves me with $1100 to spend! :naughty: And now I'm at a loss as to what to get! :lol: BGD does have some graduated diamond huggies with a total carat weight of .65, but I'm not sure that's what I want to spend this money on. I'm still pretty sure I want diamond earrings, but I'm not 100%. Agh! Who knew buying bling would be so difficult!?

So, I ask you, what would YOU get with $1100?

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lil Misfit said:
I posted the other day that I had $500 to spend on a new piece of bling. I had decided to get a pair of diamond huggies from BGD with the money. Then....hubby tells me that because he purchased himself a new toy, that I can add another $600 to my bling budget. Which leaves me with $1100 to spend! :naughty: And now I'm at a loss as to what to get! :lol: BGD does have some graduated diamond huggies with a total carat weight of .65, but I'm not sure that's what I want to spend this money on. I'm still pretty sure I want diamond earrings, but I'm not 100%. Agh! Who knew buying bling would be so difficult!?

So, I ask you, what would YOU get with $1100?
I already have small huggies do I would prob go for stacking bands ;-)

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'd keep an eye on what's on DB and wait until something preloved showed up that I really liked. Get twice the diamonds for half the price!

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
MC|1332520653|3155136 said:
I'd keep an eye on what's on DB and wait until something preloved showed up that I really liked. Get twice the diamonds for half the price!

I'm with MC, I am always seeing awesome things on DB that I can't get at the moment, and by the time I'd have the money, they are GONE! Gotta get 'em fast. Other idea: a stone you can upgrade and put in a cheapie 14k pendant for the time being?

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
just 'cause you can doesn't mean you have to.
translation: rather than just get something, wait until something really screams 'BUY ME' and until then add $ to that stash when you can. and something just might come your way that you never dreamed you'd be able to afford.....and as noted in the DB threads.
why spend $ on something that is immediate gratification and could end up sitting in your drawer when you can get something that really makes your heart sing?

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
movie zombie|1332521843|3155149 said:
translation: rather than just get something, wait until something really screams 'BUY ME' and until then add $ to that stash when you can. and something just might come your way that you never dreamed you'd be able to afford.....and as noted in the DB threads.
why spend $ on something that is immediate gratification and could end up sitting in your drawer when you can get something that really makes your heart sing?

very true. If you are not sold on something right now- maybe add a little money here or there- 10 a week or so- and keep banking money until something just jumps out at you :)

asscher earrings? miligrained asscher pendant :) Love your wedding set so much I would possibly get something to go with it !

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
If it were me, I would upgrade my studs or buy a new stacking ring (I just bought my first one and want to eventually have a nice set). But if there isn't anything screaming at you right now, maybe save it up until you find something you really want.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Amys Bling|1332525628|3155182 said:
movie zombie|1332521843|3155149 said:

very true. If you are not sold on something right now- maybe add a little money here or there- 10 a week or so- and keep banking money until something just jumps out at you :)

asscher earrings? miligrained asscher pendant :) Love your wedding set so much I would possibly get something to go with it !

I like Amy's suggestions. Re: the budget ... I know what you mean! My birthday was over a month ago, and I still haven't gotten anything to celebrate it. I figure eventually something will catch my eye, and when it does, I'll be ready.

Your wedding set is so gorgeous that it's a lovely idea to get something that riffs on it.

But since you say you're leaning towards earrings but not 100% there - what are some of the other pieces you're considering?

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'd be waiting as well. I know when I have that bling bug... and nothing specific that is a desperate "need/want", I end up frittering away money now for the thrill of a purchase, then kind of regret that I didn't wait till "THE ONE" arrived a bit later. Put a bit of extra money away each pay. The extra could be a colour grade difference from I to G or it could be the difference between platinum and white gold... ;))

$1100 is a pretty sweet start! Now you have a range that you can play in, start checking out options now - Barbara Pendant? Huggies? Upgrade solitaire studs? stacking ring? You'll find "IT" soon enough... and if you have a bit of extra $$$ , even better!

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for all your replies. I did inquire with BGD about an alternating diamond and amethyst band, just like my diamond eternity band, but the setting alone is more than the budget. I didn't find out how much the stones would be, but that is something to keep on the horizon and continue adding to the fund.

I like the idea of matching asscher earrings and have looked into those as well, but was only able to find some on Ebay from a store I've never heard of and have had bad experiences with Ebay in the past so am a little gun shy to say the least. Finding "matching" asscher stones also seems like quite a challenge, since they are all so different.

Stacking bands are a nice idea, but since I already wear 4 rings (e-ring, spacer, eternity band, plain band) I'm not sure if that's practical, because I honestly don't know how often I'd switch them up.

I think you guys are right, though. I shouldn't buy something just to buy something. I should wait, and possibly save up, and get something that I really want - like the matching diamond and amethyst band.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
The matching amethyst and diamond alternating ban sounds awesome. You could switch right hand and left hand for that

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really like that plan as well - diamond/amethyst band! Sounds lovely!

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
Amys Bling|1332538732|3155308 said:
The matching amethyst and diamond alternating ban sounds awesome. You could switch right hand and left hand for that

I wish, but my right hand ring finger is .25 larger than my left and the diamond band doesn't fit that hand. :(

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lil Misfit|1332546180|3155360 said:

I wish, but my right hand ring finger is .25 larger than my left and the diamond band doesn't fit that hand. :(
l

lucky for you it's only a .25 difference- mine is a solid .75 differece :(sad

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
Amys Bling|1332555333|3155416 said:

l

I don't understand why there's such difference!? I certainly don't see it with the naked eye. And I've tried to push my eternity band onto that finger...I'm sure I could make it fit if I really pushed, but I'd probably never get it off, so I don't.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lil Misfit said:
Amys Bling|1332555333|3155416 said:

l

I don't understand why there's such difference!? I certainly don't see it with the naked eye. And I've tried to push my eternity band onto that finger...I'm sure I could make it fit if I really pushed, but I'd probably never get it off, so I don't.
I don't get it either- I have something in the works and I'm getting it in a 5.75 to fit my right hand but hoping if I stack on my left it will fit goid

MissStepcut

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Lil Misfit|1332535937|3155295 said:
Thanks for all your replies. I did inquire with BGD about an alternating diamond and amethyst band, just like my diamond eternity band, but the setting alone is more than the budget. I didn't find out how much the stones would be, but that is something to keep on the horizon and continue adding to the fund.

I like the idea of matching asscher earrings and have looked into those as well, but was only able to find some on Ebay from a store I've never heard of and have had bad experiences with Ebay in the past so am a little gun shy to say the least. Finding "matching" asscher stones also seems like quite a challenge, since they are all so different.

Stacking bands are a nice idea, but since I already wear 4 rings (e-ring, spacer, eternity band, plain band) I'm not sure if that's practical, because I honestly don't know how often I'd switch them up.

I think you guys are right, though. I shouldn't buy something just to buy something. I should wait, and possibly save up, and get something that I really want - like the matching diamond and amethyst band.
Amethyst and diamond, you say? http://idjewelryonline.com/product_info.php?cPath=53_137&products_id=10883

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
MissStepcut|1332620708|3155716 said:

Amethyst and diamond, you say? http://idjewelryonline.com/product_info.php?cPath=53_137&products_id=10883

That's gorgeous! And exactly what I want, except I want kite set princess stones instead of baguettes, and I want the round stones to be the amethysts and the princess stones to be diamonds. Hmmm....maybe I should talk to someone at IDJ.... :naughty:

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
Does anyone have an email address for Yekutiel? I don't want to just send an email to the [email protected] if there's a way to personally get in touch with him. Thanks.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lil Misfit said:
Does anyone have an email address for Yekutiel? I don't want to just send an email to the [email protected] if there's a way to personally get in touch with him. Thanks.
you could try to give him a call... I emailed the info email account with questions and he responded with a phone number for me to call- he picked up right away..

212-921-9372

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lil Misfit said:

That's gorgeous! And exactly what I want, except I want kite set princess stones instead of baguettes, and I want the round stones to be the amethysts and the princess stones to be diamonds. Hmmm....maybe I should talk to someone at IDJ.... :naughty:
tell him what you want. He pretty much told me you can swap put the stones on any of those stacking rings to what you want... They can take up to 3 months to make .

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lil Misfit said:

what you want is style TR5068 but with amethysts

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
Amys Bling|1332627608|3155744 said:

Actually that one has straight set princess stones and kite set princess stones. I want rounds and kite sent princess stones. I don't see one like it on his site, so hopefully it won't be a big deal to make one. I thought about calling, but the website says they are closed on the weekends. I did send a pretty detailed email to the info address. I'll keep you all posted! :D

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lil Misfit said:
Amys Bling|1332627608|3155744 said:

Actually that one has straight set princess stones and kite set princess stones. I want rounds and kite sent princess stones. I don't see one like it on his site, so hopefully it won't be a big deal to make one. I thought about calling, but the website says they are closed on the weekends. I did send a pretty detailed email to the info address. I'll keep you all posted! :D
can't wait!!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Glad that its (hopefully!!) going to work out for you - getting what you want is so much more satisfying than buying just 'because'. You should hear from Yekutiel by some point on Monday and then you'll get a sense of fast it can all come in to creation. Yippee!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Enerchi said:
Glad that its (hopefully!!) going to work out for you - getting what you want is so much more satisfying than buying just 'because'. You should hear from Yekutiel by some point on Monday and then you'll get a sense of fast it can all come in to creation. Yippee!
agreed. Better to get exactly what you want then to impulsively buy for immediate gratification

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Amys Bling|1332693498|3156037 said:
Enerchi said:
agreed. Better to get exactly what you want then to impulsively buy for immediate gratification

as they'd say on Seinfeld... "not that there's anything wrong with that..." :naughty: :Up_to_something: :naughty: (tee hee!)

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Enerchi said:
Amys Bling|1332693498|3156037 said:
Enerchi said:

as they'd say on Seinfeld... "not that there's anything wrong with that..." :naughty: :Up_to_something: :naughty: (tee hee!)
haha- we've all been there...

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
I just spoke to Yekutiel. He is contacting the production team and said he'd get back to me in a few days. :appl:

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lil Misfit said:
I just spoke to Yekutiel. He is contacting the production team and said he'd get back to me in a few days. :appl:
:)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results