shape
carat
color
clarity

My Birthday Gift to Me! (1.30ctw eternity band)

peas-and-carats

Rough_Rock
Had a milestone birthday and was feeling naughty. :evil2: I was out of town on an assignment on my birthday, feeling lonely and stressed, and browsing eBay as usual. It was a perfect storm. Fiance bought me a gorgeous e-ring recently, plus a diamond pendant for Christmas, so I'm not asking him for any more jewelry. But that didn't mean I couldn't treat myself... *cue evil laughter*

I'd been eyeing a few different eternity bands for a RHR. I was deciding between a 2mm full eternity single cut and a 2mm half eternity full cut, when suddenly I stumbled across this 3mm full eternity full cut band. (Confused yet?) It was almost twice the price of the other two bands, but was also almost three times the ctw. And then, the single cut eternity sold. So I took that as my sign to blow the budget and buy the 3mm eternity before it was gone too! :lol-2: Reading that SMTB thread about regretting the one that got away was probably a factor haha.

1.30ctw 14k WG diamond eternity band, listed as F, VS2 by the seller. It's stamped on the inside with 585, Made in USA, some sort of serial number, and a jeweler's stamp/maker's mark that I don't recognize. Very white, very sparkly (doesn't show well in these photos). One stone has strong blue fluorescence, two have medium fluor, and one has faint/med fluor. Fun to see that. Looked at the melee through an Ideal Scope and was happy to see that some of them appear "ideal cut" though most of them are just pretty good. Still think it was worth the price -- although curious what you guys would consider a 'good price' for a ring with these stats (assuming it really is F/G, VS)... Maybe I'll ask that question over in RT. I plan to take it to an appraiser soon.

IMG_20200208_164157.jpg IMG_20200208_164154.jpg IMG_20200208_164151.jpg IMG_20200208_171519.jpg IMG_20200208_173947.jpg IMG_20200208_174050(1).jpg IMG_20200208_170350.jpg IMG_20200208_164058.jpg IMG_20200208_155925.jpg IMG_20200208_160805.jpg

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it too! I think it's really stylish, looks fabulous by itself, but also looks great stacked with your Etoile! I often wear my full eternity on my RH in times of finger swell, and you just can't beat the look of simple, classy, understated elegance.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous eternity band @peas-and-carats :love: and I love it with your scatter band too. Beautiful. Happy birthday!

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
That’s a great story - love it with the deep gold of band. Looks great on your hand.

Go impulse, internet, possible cocktail induced, internet, birthday, girl-power ‘I love my man but I can buy my own damn rings’ shopping!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
It’s gorgeous! You deserve it!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Its beautiful! I love it and I love your story and happy birthday!

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Well done! HBD!!!
Looks awesome!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh! That's lovely!

In my opinion for pre-loved, I'd say anything under 1k would be a GREAT price. $1500 would be a good price. Above that, given that it's not new, I'd consider that pretty average but still ok and probably worth it if the stones are indeed F/VS. Over 2k - for 14kt - not so good. I'd want something new for that price.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really pretty and looks great on you!

peas-and-carats

Rough_Rock
Oh! That's lovely!

In my opinion for pre-loved, I'd say anything under 1k would be a GREAT price. $1500 would be a good price. Above that, given that it's not new, I'd consider that pretty average but still ok and probably worth it if the stones are indeed F/VS. Over 2k - for 14kt - not so good. I'd want something new for that price.

I got it for right at 1k so sounds like I got a nice deal. Thank you!

I just compared it to Blue Nile's Riviera Pave 14k WG 1ctw eternity band, which looks to be a very similar setting but is 2.4mm (vs 3mm) and 1ctw (vs 1.30ctw) and I/SI2 (vs F/VS), and it retails at $2,190 -- so I think I did pretty good! =)2 Not sure what IDJ would quote for a similar band. I may ask them to make me a similar one eventually as a gift for my mom -- she would need hers in platinum though because she has nickel allergy.

facetgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Love it. Love it on its own. Love it stacked. Love your low set engagement setting too.

Congrats!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got it for right at 1k so sounds like I got a nice deal. Thank you!

I just compared it to Blue Nile's Riviera Pave 14k WG 1ctw eternity band, which looks to be a very similar setting but is 2.4mm (vs 3mm) and 1ctw (vs 1.30ctw) and I/SI2 (vs F/VS), and it retails at $2,190 -- so I think I did pretty good! =)2 Not sure what IDJ would quote for a similar band. I may ask them to make me a similar one eventually as a gift for my mom -- she would need hers in platinum though because she has nickel allergy.

Nice pick up! Well done you!

AV_

Ideal_Rock
The setting looks bold & interestingly finished. Then, why isn't there a VSB in every eternity band, for good luck! Good for you.

peas-and-carats

Rough_Rock
The setting looks bold & interestingly finished. Then, why isn't there a VSB in every eternity band, for good luck! Good for you.

Haha I do love fluorescence.

I'm wondering, how would you classify the setting? It's what drew me to this ring. It's almost like a French pave but without the v notch... more exposed like a u setting... but with notched prongs!

Can you explain what you mean by interestingly finished? I want to soak up all the knowledge here!

Reactions: AV_

peas-and-carats

Rough_Rock
It's gorgeous, I love eternity bands! I wear one as a RHR too. Love it stacked with your scatter band as well.
Thank you! I'm really happy I pulled the trigger on a full eternity! I love peeking at the diamonds on the palm side during meetings and whatnot haha.

I love it too! I think it's really stylish, looks fabulous by itself, but also looks great stacked with your Etoile! I often wear my full eternity on my RH in times of finger swell, and you just can't beat the look of simple, classy, understated elegance.
Thank you so much! "Classy" is the exact word I'm trying to keep in mind to guide all my jewelry purchases from now on.

Gorgeous eternity band @peas-and-carats :love: and I love it with your scatter band too. Beautiful. Happy birthday!
That’s a great story - love it with the deep gold of band. Looks great on your hand.

Go impulse, internet, possible cocktail induced, internet, birthday, girl-power ‘I love my man but I can buy my own damn rings’ shopping!
It’s gorgeous! You deserve it!
Its beautiful! I love it and I love your story and happy birthday!
Well done! HBD!!!
Looks awesome!
Really pretty and looks great on you!
Love it. Love it on its own. Love it stacked. Love your low set engagement setting too.

Congrats!
Nice pick up! Well done you!

Thank you so much! You are all so kind. =)2

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
I have to say, i am a little jealous of your VSB and SB stones! though, I can't complain, i have one in each of my eternities.

HNGN

Shiny_Rock
awww i love the ring on you! I especially love the fact that it is a birthday gift to yourself. I do that all the time: rewarding myself every time :lol: .

peas-and-carats

Rough_Rock

Hi @AV_ I was just wondering, how would you classify the setting? It's what drew me to this ring.
And can you explain what you mean by interestingly finished? I'm not as knowledgeable as I'd like to be. Thanks!!

Reactions: AV_

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow that is so pretty! Love eternity bands. So elegant and classic. Looks really lovely on you!! Wonderful way to celebrate a birthday :appl:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
I am oonly seeing your mentions... Will catch up!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm a big fan of self love -- good on you for treating yourself! And you made an excellent choice - it's stunning and will forever be in style! I like how it looks stacked, too. You'll get so much wear and enjoyment out of a classic, blingy eternity band!

bespokecarmel

Shiny_Rock
Happy birthday; lovely ring! And I have to comment on your eye for photography, the photos are great.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
I am assuming that the band was made with great care for competing purposes: to keep the feel of cut down pave www - with its typical V groves letting the upper lower-girdle facets exposed, yet to never cast finer detail than reasonable, so V groves were cut into squarish 'bead' type prongs, as decoration. I love the ligh touch of classical pave shown in the video, but also tension settings and jelwelry with a feel of machined parts - sometimes; the style of pave in this band takes a bit from each style & does not fail, or so I feel.

I need to immagine what the band looks like without magnification, with the prongs relatively prominent, but forming a pleasing motif on the edges [hopefully low and blunt enough to not snag] and the hint of engraving on the sides [the V groves]. It also looks precise - not just because of the V detail, but everything.

2c

uh... for taking this long to cme back to this thread; these days were quite something & if i passed by this forum, it was not to write even this muuch ,(

peas-and-carats

Rough_Rock
I'm a big fan of self love -- good on you for treating yourself! And you made an excellent choice - it's stunning and will forever be in style! I like how it looks stacked, too. You'll get so much wear and enjoyment out of a classic, blingy eternity band!
Thank you! "Treat yourself" is a philosophy I probably indulge in a little too much! :lol-2:

Happy birthday; lovely ring! And I have to comment on your eye for photography, the photos are great.
Thank you so much! I tried to be fancy with it but was only using my cell phone. Photography with an actual camera is a hobby I'd like to pick up one day.

I am assuming that the band was made with great care for competing purposes: to keep the feel of cut down pave www - with its typical V groves letting the upper lower-girdle facets exposed, yet to never cast finer detail than reasonable, so V groves were cut into squarish 'bead' type prongs, as decoration. I love the ligh touch of classical pave shown in the video, but also tension settings and jelwelry with a feel of machined parts - sometimes; the style of pave in this band takes a bit from each style & does not fail, or so I feel.

I need to immagine what the band looks like without magnification, with the prongs relatively prominent, but forming a pleasing motif on the edges [hopefully low and blunt enough to not snag] and the hint of engraving on the sides [the V groves]. It also looks precise - not just because of the V detail, but everything.

2c

uh... for taking this long to cme back to this thread; these days were quite something & if i passed by this forum, it was not to write even this muuch ,(
@AV_ Wow, thank you for taking the time to give that detailed explanation. I totally agree that the interesting setting "works." It's a keeper!

L

lydial

I am not a big eternity ring fan but this one gets it right!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results