shape
carat
color
clarity

My BGD Split Prong Grace has arrived in the UK!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Reenie

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone!

My upgraded engagement ring is finished and is on its way!!! I originally had a 1.01ct F VS2 square radiant diamond with tapered side baguettes that was bought BC (before pricescope!). It came with a UGL certificate which i have learned is not a great certification in terms of accuracy, and although i love my ring, it just doesnt perform all that well (particularly now i have seen ideal cut RB stones!!!). Also, as i have just had a baby, my original wedding set doesnt fit me anymore and my wedding band is not able to be resized. As such, my husband gave me the go ahead to upgrade to an ideal H&A stone.

I started working with Lesley at BGD a few weeks back on my upgrade. I wanted to get an amazing diamond and the cut of the diamond was the most important thing to me, and as such went slightly smaller carat weight than my current engagement ring (1ct - 0.75ct) and technically a lower colour down to an H (although i have doubts my original engagement ring is an actual F colour due to the UGL certification). Despite the new stone being .25ct smaller in size, the dimensions of the new stone are actually bigger than the radiant so i think it will have a similar presence on the hand.

After quite a bit of deliberation on the setting (and many, many emails to Lesley with questions and a phone conversation with Brian to help me make my decision - they are both amazing!) i went for a slight variation on the standard Grace setting. My Grace ring has split prongs and a pin and blue secret sapphire for my baby son and daughter who was born too soon. I went for the ring in platinum and it is set with a 0.758ct H VS1 signature stone.

The details on the stone are below:

http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamond/diamond-detail/?product_id=AGS-1040381680044

I am tracking the parcel online (getting slightly obsessive about that refresh button now!) and it has just landed in the UK. Hopefully it will speed through customs and will be delivered tomorrow. I cant wait to see it!!!

I will take some photos at the weekend (hopefully we will get some sun here in London) along with my BGD bezel pendant and earrings, but in the meantime, here are some vendor pics of the split prong Grace.

Thanks for looking!

Karen

BGD SP Grace 2.jpeg

Reenie

Rough_Rock
And another view...

BGD SP Grace 3.jpeg

Reenie

Rough_Rock
Oops. Just realised i posted one with the vendor logo - i dont know how to delete it - please could one of the mods remove it for me?

Thanks,

K

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
1502391nml1gf6xx4.gif

Yup. That about sums it up!

That is STUNNING!!! I love the double prongs! Can''t wait to see more pics of that elegant beauty!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very pretty! I look forward to hearing what you think when you see it in person!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
You are going to love that! I can''t wait to hear your reaction!!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOV
36.gif
ERLY!!!!!!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous - can''t wait to see handshots!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!
I look forward to your handshots!

hmr_mama

Brilliant_Rock
It''s SO pretty! Can''t wait to see that puppy on your hand!

wsblue430

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my gosh!!
3.gif
Its bea-u-ti-ful!! Can''t wait to see some pics when it arrives!
36.gif

jewelz617

Brilliant_Rock
I love love love the ring, but mostly the birthstones tucked in there for you. Incredibly sweet.

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
It is STUNNING!

Can''t wait to see it on you!

RaiKai

Brilliant_Rock
It is beautiful. Those prongs are fantastic.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love those prongs
30.gif

Beautiful ring, reenie!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow!!!! I love it!!! Enjoy!!!
30.gif
30.gif

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
NICE!!! Any handshots?

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful!

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Great setting and diamond. I really like the secret stones.

loveloveloveit

Brilliant_Rock
Karen absolutely lovely setting and I adore the stones in the band also. May your new ring bring you much joy (and I can''t wait to see more pics!)

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Well Reenie,

Is it here yet?

Getting very excited for a fellow Ps Uker!! Don''t make us wait too long for hand shots!!

Reenie

Rough_Rock
Still waiting i am afraid! It is on the van for delivery and is saying on the tracking tool it will be here before midday (it is 11.30am at the mo). Sometimes London traffic means things can arrive a little late though.

Thanks for all the lovely comments. Am so excited and am thrilled with how it turned out.

Will let you know as soon as it arrives!!!

Karen

Reenie

Rough_Rock
OMG its here and it is blinding! Is the most sparkly diamond i have ever seen and looks so much bigger than i was expecting!

The metal work is superb and the split prongs are so elegant and dainty so you really get to see the stone whilst keeping it securely in place. The best part for me is the secret sapphires - they brought tears to my eyes. Am sure my son will appreciate his sapphire one day (he is 5 months old and the sparkles are obviously catching his eye as he now keeps trying to grab my left hand) and the pink one will be a constant reminder of my darling little girl in heaven.

Darned camera is out of charge and my i-phone camera is rubbish. Will post pictures once the camera is charged and Jack is fed and watered.

Karenx

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Want....to....see....pics.....
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

It''s gorgeous! hope you get your camera up and working soon!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
PICKS, PICKS, PICKS
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
it''s beautiful - the prongs are perfect!

Pictures please!!

mekj1986

Rough_Rock
gosh that''s really lovely

Reenie

Rough_Rock
Ok - finally got some decent pics. Apologies in advance for the poor photography skills - they do not do this beautiful ring justice!!!

BGD Ring_P1010315.jpg

Reenie

Rough_Rock

BGD Ring_P1010316.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results