shape
carat
color
clarity

My bezel got a facelift!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ztajanice

Shiny_Rock
Hello Ladies! I got engaged on May 23, 2009 in Charleston, South Carolina. I posted my e-ring pics at that time and then posted about getting a center stone upgrade. My fiance purchased a 2.28 center stone for the setting he designed. In October he suggested we upgrade the stone to a 3 carat for our 8 year anniversary. We also talked about instead of getting the upgraded stone, just purchasing me a 3 stone oval for my right hand. After posting a topic about it and thinking about it for some time, I decided I wanted to wait. Going from 2.28 to a little over a 3 is noticeable, but not substantial. So...we''re still looking for a larger center stone and this time we are looking for bigger, maybe 3.5-3.75 range. However, this search has proved to be daunting, so we''re taking our time. On our journey to find this larger stone, we visited a jeweler in Baltimore, Maryland. He looked at my ring and suggested we make a change to it so that way we could see more of the original stone, not changing the ring dramatically, but giving the center diamond the attention it deserves. I was really hesitant about altering the setting bc my fiance designed it. But after thinking about it for several weeks, I decided I wanted to do it. What we changed is only the bezel. The rest of the setting is the same. We made the bezel sit more flush with the center diamond and much thinner. The bezel on the bottom is also much taller then it was originally. It is different, but I LOVE IT! The center stone really has all the attention now, not being completely covered metal bezel really opens it up!

So now for the pictures, first my original setting:

Before Pics.jpg

ztajanice

Shiny_Rock
After:

iphone pics 3 (2).jpg

ztajanice

Shiny_Rock
I like the blue sparks she is shooting out in this pic, but it''s close so you can see how different the bezel is.

iphone pics (2).jpg

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Nice!!! The bezel now shows even more of the diamond! Very purdy!!!

ztajanice

Shiny_Rock
You can also see the bezel is thicker and comes up much higher than the original, I think it looks great. She also got a little tattoo, LOVED.

LOVED.jpg

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Looks great!!!!!!!

ztajanice

Shiny_Rock
Hopefully a clearer shot

Side pics.jpg

ztajanice

Shiny_Rock
Last one: As you can tell I trimmed my nails.

More side.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Am I correct that the diamond is sitting higher now too? It looks much larger.

ztajanice

Shiny_Rock
Hi Dreamer! Yes, it is much higher than before. I think we raised it 4mm. Which is definitely noticeable. Originally, the stone was very low, the bottom tip of the diamond almost touched the band. Now, the stone has been raised and the bezel beneath it is much larger and thicker. Here is an old profile so you can see the difference:

Old side profile.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Looks fabu!

cheers--Sharon

wsblue430

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! very pretty!!
36.gif

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice makeover!!

beechezz

Brilliant_Rock
Wowza, your stone does look bigger!!! It''s beautiful, congrats on the change to your setting (it is a gorgeous design).

ztajanice

Shiny_Rock
Thanks! Since we are still in the search for our stone upgrade and that might take a while, we figured give her a facelift to change her look up, and it looks bigger and better I think. Thanks!!

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Beauty!!! Love the tattoo too!!
30.gif
30.gif

tigian

Ideal_Rock
I can definitely see a difference...makes your stone look even bigger than it already is. I love the tattoo as well.

ztajanice

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, he wanted to get a cute phrase engraved on the inside, but didn''t have it nailed down when he popped the question. So when we got her little facelift, he decided to go with LOVED. I love it, it''s perfect. Thanks! Here is one more side shot w/the "tattoo"!

Another tattoo shot.jpg

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
So pretty, and I love the "tat" :)

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Changing the bezel really does make your stone appear bigger, looks fantastic!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results