shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW My Beloved.

worldtraveler101

Shiny_Rock
Such a beautiful story, mrs-b. And wonderful rings - so classic; twenty years from now, when you will be thinking about an upgrade you'll have a tough time to beat what you have now - these are so good!

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Stunning, congrats!

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Really beautiful, Mrs. B! Congratulations and enjoy. What a special love story :kiss2:

DorotheaBrooke

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! So beautiful, the rings and the tribute to your relationship! :love: :love: :love:

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
@Cerulean - not engraved - a band with the recurring platinum decal right around it. What do you think?
Sticking my oar in!
So, nobody asked but- YES to the platinum decal or even embossed into the band like mine! I would love to see it :love:

Polished1911

Shiny_Rock
@mrs-b weeeeeell, it wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world to have an extra band for yourself, and your hubby. He totally deserves a Beloved ring. A set of 5. One for him and 4 Beloveds for you to mix and match with him. I just cannot get out of my brain how nice the gold with platinum fluer would look as a band. It’s a beautiful design you’ve created.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Lookinagain - this whole household has been vaccinated. Ill Massimo at Legacy Place for drinks? Drop me an email if this appeals!

@Dancing Fire - when I bought this diamond, and before I'd seen it, I thought for sure I'd be looking at going up to a G in the future. Nope. ZIt's beautifully white and I feel *no* urge to change it. I have to say, the VS1 (as opposed to VS2) means more to me than the grade up in color. I don't think I'd ever go back to a VS2 for a large diamond. You can SEE those inclusions!

@Cerulean - Amy has spoken to me about adding tiny rails that could be engraved. Perhaps I should give that some more thought....

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awww - thank you, @SandyK! It's certainly the stuff of *my* dreams. :mrgreen: I have to say, tho, I've only worn it one day since I received it. Which is criminal, now that I think of it! <standing up and going to get my new rings and Put. Them. On!!)

Hi @worldtraveler101 :wavey: I feel as tho I should introduce myself, as you *clearly* don't know me! When I'm upgrading - I do it once a year! Waiting 20 years would kill me!! But, in all seriousness, this is it for me. I love this size and don't want to go bigger. I would never (EVER!) rule out the idea of a three stone, but I don't actually *want* a larger soli. There's a limit, y'know? Each to his own - certainly - but 5ct is too big for me. And 3ct is too small. So, by process of elimination....4 ct is perfect! ::) As for '20 years' - I'd be far too old to be considering an upgrade at that age! No - it was 'now or never' with this last upgrade, and I'm DONE now.

Thanks so much, @elle_chris :))

Last edited:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @iluvcarats :wavey: It is indeed a wonderful love story! I'm one of the very luckiest ladies, in that I found the most wonderful man and have had a long life together. Wouldn't trade that for anything. <3

Thank you so much, @DorotheaBrooke - I'm completely chuffed!

LOL, @ItsMainelyYou! Oar-away at will! If I were to switch up the plain band, it would be with a platinum decal, rather than engraving, to keep the rings coordinated. I just am concerned it might be a bit...much. I like a clean, clear look. We'll see!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much, @Polished1911! The more I think of it, the more I like the idea. Now I just have to get past the $$$ hurdle; these things are not cheap! :knockout:

Thank you, @123ducklings - I have to say, I think so, also! :mrgreen:

@Lookinagain - I got your email - thank you! Sounds good to me - I'll get back to you with some dates?

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your new ring but I LOVE your heartwarming love story. The way you speak about your DH says so much about your relationship and how perfect you two are together. Though, to be honest, I think even I fell for him a little bit the day you shared pics of him holding up a sign outside of your hospital window. :love::love::love:

Your ring is bright and pure and full of golden buttery warmth…just like your marriage.

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Wow,wow,wow!!!
Amazing result! Congrats on the man and the rings!!!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@elle_71125 - Believe me, I fell for him all over again when I saw him outside my room prior to my surgery that day last year. He'd just arrived, and was standing, holding his sign, when they came to wheel me away for surgery, and I made everyone stop and look at the wonderful man with the amazing sign standing faithfully outside his wife's window. I think we ALL got teary that day! Beloved is 100% a tribute to him, and it could be a thousand times more beautiful than it is, and still not match the preciousness of his heart. <3

20200502_085545.jpg

Thank you so much, @gregchang35 - I am one lucky woman. ::)

Last edited:

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
18kt yellow gold and platinum.

Solitaire - 4.05ct H VS1 ACA by WhiteFlash.

Five stone - 5 x 26 and 27 pointers, E VS and VVS, individually certified, ideal cut, by Blue Nile.

Plain band.

All rings hand-milgrained, plus platinum wraps and platinum fleur de lys back-of-ring decal on the 5 stone and the solitaire. Fleur de lys basket design shamelessly stolen from my Victorian peal bypass ring.

All designs by me. All rings expertly made by David Klass Jewelry and meticulously supervised by the INCREDIBLE Amy Phillips.

20210724_101807.jpg

20210724_102617.jpg

20210724_101303.jpg

20210724_102557.jpg

20210724_104146.jpg

20210724_104230.jpg

Wowowow, @mrs-b. That is a GORGEOUS SET! Congrats!!! Love it! DK does it again. Wear them in good health. ❤️❤️❤️

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
@elle_71125 - Believe me, I fell for him all over again when I saw him outside my room prior to my surgery that day last year. He'd just arrived, and was standing, holding his sign, when they came to wheel me away for surgery, and I made everyone stop and look at the wonderful man with the amazing sign standing faithfully outside his wife's window. I think we ALL got teary that day! Beloved is 100% a tribute to him, and it could be a thousand times more beautiful than it is, and still not match the preciousness of his heart. <3

20200502_085545.jpg

Thank you so much, @gregchang35 - I am one lucky woman. ::)

awwwww. ❤️❤️❤️

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please join me in congratulating @mrs-b, this is the Jewel of the Week! :kiss2:

Thanks, @PriceScopeKayti!

However - can I just say - All rings are from David Klass Jewelry. The beautiful diamonds are from WhiteFlash and Blue Nile.

I responded to the JOTW monthly post and asked for it to be changed, as that post actually refers to the rings as a WF solitaire ring. This is not correct. It's a WF diamond, and a David Klass Jewelry ring. It also refers to a Blue Nile 5 stone ring. This, again, is not correct. While the diamonds are from BN, the ring is made entirely - with massive amounts of work and attention to detail - by David Klass Jewelry, as was the plain matching band.

Credit where credit is due.

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
@mrs-b !!!!! I have been out of town with limited internet access but managed to get a glimpse of this on Instagram and almost hit the floor. WOW WOW WOW WOW!!!!!!

What a truly stunning wedding set. The stone. The setting(s). The craftsmanship. The tribute to your husband. All of it. Just perfect. Congrats on both the beautiful new set and the wonderful relationship. Wear in good health.

And I will say again, have you considered jewelry design? You have a talent.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b !!!!! I have been out of town with limited internet access but managed to get a glimpse of this on Instagram and almost hit the floor. WOW WOW WOW WOW!!!!!!

What a truly stunning wedding set. The stone. The setting(s). The craftsmanship. The tribute to your husband. All of it. Just perfect. Congrats on both the beautiful new set and the wonderful relationship. Wear in good health.

And I will say again, have you considered jewelry design? You have a talent.

Awww - thank you, @Tonks! I'm so glad you like its various features - I'm very happy with how it turned out - both the rings and the relationship. ::)

I've done enough jewelry design for myself to know it would send me out of my ever-loving to have to do this for others! The only thing I'd ever consider doing is set lines, which people could either buy...or not. The idea of having to design something custom to fit somebody else's 'vision' would terrify me, I think!

EllenS1

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Five stone - 5 x 26 and 27 pointers, E VS and VVS, individually certified, ideal cut, by Blue Nile.

Plain band.

All rings hand-milgrained, plus platinum wraps and platinum fleur de lys back-of-ring decal on the 5 stone and the solitaire. Fleur de lys basket design shamelessly stolen from my Victorian peal bypass ring.

All designs by me. All rings expertly made by David Klass Jewelry and meticulously supervised by the INCREDIBLE Amy Phillips.

20210724_101807.jpg

20210724_102617.jpg

20210724_101303.jpg

20210724_102557.jpg

20210724_104146.jpg

20210724_104230.jpg

What a beautiful story mrs-b and exquisite rings!!!! especially the detail on the back so unexpected and so original, wear them in good health always!:kiss2:

matt_k

Shiny_Rock

Plain band.

20210724_101807.jpg

20210724_102617.jpg

20210724_101303.jpg

20210724_102557.jpg

20210724_104146.jpg

20210724_104230.jpg

Absolutely stunning.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @Polished1911 :)) I've been meaning to take some new photos but just haven't gotten around to it as yet. I definitely will, tho - there are so many moods and angles on this ring I haven't even begun to capture as yet! I suspect I'll be taking photos of this ring on and off for as long as I own it. And that's ok by me!!

Thank you so much, @EllenS1 - this is my last diamond of this sort of size. I have no desire to go larger, tho I would never rule out a three stone.... :mrgreen: I hope all is well with you and that you're enjoying your summer!

Thank you, @matt_k - I have to say, I agree with you! :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results