shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW My Beloved.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Rfisher :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: It's only the die-hard design junkies that notice these tiniest of things! I'm SO glad you noticed this feature! I wanted to break up the perfectly circular aspect of the diamond ever so very slightly - minute bumps, smaller than the prongs. Just the merest HINT. Why do I love this so much?? I have no idea! But I doooo!! :bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile:

@Polished1911 - !!!! I never thought of that! But I'm thinking of it now! Anniversary in a few weeks and the timing couldn't be better!! THANK YOU!!

@Cerulean - not derailing at all! Happy to help. Will email you in a moment. :wavey:

Polished1911

Shiny_Rock
You’re welcome. Some couples like to match, some don’t care. I just was sitting here looking at your pictures thinking the two tone and fluer details would make a killer men’s band.

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
@Tourmaline - "quite a lot" - made ma laugh! The sheer understatement of that comment! What are your thoughts about the setting? I actually LOVED it the way it is, but you're planning a re-set still? Either way, that ring is a HARD win! And - along with your cluster...wow. Just...wow!

I had it reset in a platinum version of the same CAD, and it’s prefect. There are lots of follow-up pictures later in the thread.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just gorgeous! The ACA is perfect on your finger and yes, so white! Please wear them all in good health.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b of all the rings I have seen you create, I think this set is my favourite. Because you seem to have reached a state of contentment that I can’t say I recall previously, really. From your posts it seems like this set - over all others - this set satisfies the heart... ❤️

Having all three rings made at the same time was exceptionally foresighted ::) This way you know they’re all aesthetically complementary. And I’m with you and @Rfisher on seeing just a touch of the gallery from face-up :love:

Congratulations love, I hope this set continues to make you every bit as happy as you are right now every time you look at it :bigsmile:

idealw2boys

Shiny_Rock
@mrs-b
Love ! Love!
Just beautiful and huge on your finger!
Congrats on having the “beloveds” in your life!

I’ve been a long time follower and admirer of all your designs. I especially remember your 3 stone ring … Aside from the lovely diamonds, I remember the roundness of the shank which I love and how the yellow gold was so elegant how it held the diamonds, it was like they were floating……

Can I ask what did you end up doing with your 3 stone ring?

Efleon

Brilliant_Rock
Everything has already been said and I second it all!
Wishing health and happiness to you, the rings and the man!!
(only a PS-er would put it in that order...I thought of editing it but rethought it as that’s how it came out ;-)

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
18kt yellow gold and platinum.

Solitaire - 4.05ct H VS1 ACA by WhiteFlash.

Five stone - 5 x 26 and 27 pointers, E VS and VVS, individually certified, ideal cut, by Blue Nile.

Plain band.

All rings hand-milgrained, plus platinum wraps and platinum fleur de lys back-of-ring decal on the 5 stone and the solitaire. Fleur de lys basket design shamelessly stolen from my Victorian peal bypass ring.

All designs by me. All rings expertly made by David Klass Jewelry and meticulously supervised by the INCREDIBLE Amy Phillips.

20210724_101807.jpg

20210724_102617.jpg

20210724_101303.jpg

20210724_102557.jpg

20210724_104146.jpg

20210724_104230.jpg
Breathtaking in all of its perfection!!

ruffrock

Rough_Rock
Beautiful rings, a beautiful love story, and a beautiful life.

May you continue to be blessed @mrs-b. :love:

PastryGirl

Shiny_Rock
@mrs-b I have long been an admirer of your collection.

Congratulations on your beautiful beloved. I am blown away by the thought and design put into these pieces.

Wear in good health!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
That’s beautiful! Enjoy your new ring!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is an incredible ring symbolizing a beautiful marriage! What a stunning, stunning diamond - jaw dropping, really. Enjoy Beloved in all its glory! Wishing you guys another 37+ years of happiness!

Cristallo

Shiny_Rock
The 4 carat size and setting looks absolutely perfect on you. Such a unique yet still classic setting:kiss2:. You did good!

Is the 4 carat H much less tinted than your old 4 carat I ACA? I'm asking because I am in the market for something similar.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous Mrs B! I love every single piece. These are perfection, wear them in good health!

jBright

Shiny_Rock
@mrs-b there you go, doing what you do best yellow gold :kiss2:!! andddd 4.05??? holy crap! it all looks so beautiful! congratulations and what a beautiful love story. I just have one qualm about your original post... I don't think it'll the *last* ring. LOL. you did awesome, enjoy!!!!

weemie

Shiny_Rock
Wow wow wow!!! I’m blown away, congratulations and you did an amazing job choosing such a beautiful way to set it!!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @lulu_ma! The details are *everything* on these rings. <3

Bit of a problem here, @Polished1911. The more I think about it, the ore *I* want a plain band with fleur de lys details!! :mrgreen:

Thank you so much, @Lookinagain. :)) I'm doing my best on the health thing, but it's a bit of a struggle. Squaring up for back surgery - probably in September. Not looking forward to that one! And they won't even let you wear your rings into the OR!! :-o (Yes, I know it makes sense - but if ever a girl needed a pick-me-up...!!). :wavey:

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much, @Lookinagain. :)) I'm doing my best on the health thing, but it's a bit of a struggle. Squaring up for back surgery - probably in September. Not looking forward to that one! And they won't even let you wear your rings into the OR!! :-o (Yes, I know it makes sense - but if ever a girl needed a pick-me-up...!!). :wavey:

So sorry @mrs-b. I’m close by and working remotely so if there is anything I can do to help let me know. I’m happy to help if needed.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @yssie :)) I think the contentment you hear comes from the man rather than the rings. The rings need to be tweaked - not because of any flaw in the construction, but because of a few things I want to tweak in the design. I do love them, tho, and definitely feel as tho I'm on the right path. I'm so glad I did all three rings together. Those platinum wraps line up *precisely*, as do the width and the fleur de lys details, and so on and so on. I really wanted these to be a set, and despite having a few adjustments to make, I'm very happy with the cohesion of them. On the other hand - will I ever be COMPLETELY happy with a piece of jewelry? I doubt it. it's just not in my nature. Completely happy with the man, tho, and that's what counts. :))

@idealw2boys - it's interesting that you bring up the roundness of the shank. That's the one feature I miss in these rings, and continue to miss as time passes. I *really* wanted milgrain, but it sort of negates a curved band, and I miss that a lot, as 'organic' is the one feature I look for in rings above any other. I'll see how I do going forward and if I get used to the flat face of these rings. but if I don't, I'm not above changing them up. As for my 3 stone, it's currently sitting empty with DKJ. I can't quite bring myself to tear it apart, but I doubt I'll ever set it again. :(2

@Efleon - thank you for your kind comments and good wishes! :wavey:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awww - thank you, @cushioncutnut! Almost as nice as that gorgeous sapphire you're wearing these days!!

Thank you so much, @ruffrock. What more could I possibly want right? I am an incredibly lucky woman, and I know it. <3

Thank you, @ProfessorBling. To be honest, I continue to mentally tweak ALL my projects. it's the OCD in me, I think. But, no matter what I do, the diamond STAYS. This is the forever diamond, and I won't be changing it. and I'm ok with that!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @Patty - I certainly plan to! ::)

Thank you so much, @ac117! I'll be doing my darnedest to get another 37 years with this fabulous man! Time goes by too fast....

Hi @Cristallo :)) Yes, this H is markedly whiter than the I I had. I am completely happy with this diamond - both the color and the size (my finger is a size 6.5, but I wear a 6.75 if it's a ring I'll wear with more rings on the same finger.). This is the perfect size for me and I have no intention of upgrading or switching it out. This is perfect for my hand, so where would I upgrade *to*?? I love this diamond, and I love this ring! So when it comes to e-rings - stick a fork in me - I'm DONE! :mrgreen:

Last edited:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
Wow! How lovely. So crisp and clear and white. And all the possible combinations — from subtle one band to three ring bling explosion. Every mood is covered. More video! More photos! Please!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @jaysonsmom! I love them and am so happy with how they turned out! Have I ever told you I love your avatar photo? I'm sitting here as I type with my beautiful English setter, Cirrus, with his head on my feet. Dogs and jewelry - ca you beat it?? I think not!! ::)

@jBright - yellow gold? Dang tootin'! I just love it! And I *do* love that rich buttery goodness! As for 'last ring' - this ring will be my last 'engagement ring'. There will be tweaks, but no more diamond solitaires + wedding ring combos. There will be no more upgrades, either. This is 'the one'.

Thank you, @weemie! There was a great deal of thought and about a thousand screwed up pieces of paper in the trash on the way to this design! I'm glad you like it. :wavey:

Last edited:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @Lookinagain - that's so kind of you! What I'd *really* like is to get together for a coffee or for lunch! Perhaps we could tee that up if you have time? Ideally, I'd do that when covid is on the decrease once again, but I do wonder when that will actually *be*!

@Dancing Fire - I think H can be a wide range and it can be either very white, or show a small degree of tint. This one is the former, and I'm with you - it's my sweet spot! :mrgreen:

@Cerulean - not engraved - a band with the recurring platinum decal right around it. What do you think?

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @Lookinagain - that's so kind of you! What I'd *really* like is to get together for a coffee or for lunch! Perhaps we could tee that up if you have time? Ideally, I'd do that when covid is on the decrease once again, but I do wonder when that will actually *be*!
I can always find time now that I'm working remotely. And yes, ideally covid would stay on the decrease, but who knows. But I'm open to sitting outside somewhere, even if in our town, or one of our back yards! I've done everything I can to protect myself and I'm sure you have too.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Dancing Fire - I think H can be a wide range and it can be either very white, or show a small degree of tint. This one is the former, and I'm with you - it's my sweet spot! :mrgreen:
thumbsupwink.gif . My current stone is G VS1, but if the right H came along in the future I then wouldn't have a problem going back to an H where I started.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock

@Cerulean - not engraved - a band with the recurring platinum decal right around it. What do you think?

As long as it was comfortable - I think it would be lovely.

I also think it could be interesting in a "relief" style with milgrained rails. Although, you know that I've been on a deep relief engraving kick lately :bigsmile:

SandyK

Brilliant_Rock
@mrs-b DEAD!

That stone is the stuff of dreams, and the complete set is just exquisite. I am so, so happy for you!! I can only imagine how much fun it is to have that giant disco ball on your finger - I seriously would not pay attention to anything else :D

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results