shape
carat
color
clarity

My beautiful Princess with split shank setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Londongirl1

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone
35.gif

I've had my engaged ring for a while and I'm debating whether to change my setting for a simple solitaire, so I thought I'd post a picture of it.

The Princess cut centre stone is 1.01ct, GIA certified G/VS2 and has .50 ct of sidestones. I love it
30.gif
but i'm really tempted to diitch the split shank setting

I've managed to post a pic. as my avatar - sorry IT is not my strongest subject
32.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please do post pictures
36.gif

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Hi Londongirl... I hope you dont mind me helping you out by posting some pics of your beautiful set...

london.grl.001.jpg

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock

london.grl.002.jpg

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock

london.grl.003.jpg

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock

london.grl.004.jpg

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock

london.grl.005.jpg

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
last one...
1.gif

london.grl.006.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely set, many congrats!!!

Londongirl1

Brilliant_Rock
No I don't mind at all -thanks Posh!!!
1.gif

I always wanted a solitaire setting - it was my other half that chose the split shank. I'm not complaining but I need to get this 'solitaire idea' out of my system
9.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty! Congrats!

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Its a lovely sparkler!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it is beautiful the way it is...but I know what it is like to want something different as well. Decisions, decisions!

Londongirl1

Brilliant_Rock
It''s my own fault for logging onto pricescope and seeing all the lovely solitaire settings
2.gif

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I actually like the split shank! I think it looks perfect! Don''t worry, PS will do that to you. I once went to a Bailey Banks and Biddle because I just HAD to see a Tacori setting I saw on here, even though I knew I couldn''t afford it and FI would be MAD MAD MAD, but I just HAD to try it on! I got there, put it on my hand, and it was only so-so. The <$300 one I already had looked way nicer on me:)

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have recently changed back from a split shank to a solitaire. I yearned for something more simple too.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I''ve always loved the split shank personally and I think your set is gorgeous! But if you aren''t 100% happy with it there are plenty of ideas on PS.

Londongirl1

Brilliant_Rock
Maisie - do you have any 'before' and 'after' pictures please

SparkleNut

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Londonegirl1!!!
35.gif

I love your ering! It''s so gorgeous.... and the split shank is stunning... but I''m a solitaire love to. Don''t get me wrong... I love rings with sidestones and all that, but for my ering I''m a total classic solitaire lover! So if nothing else, you could see what your FI would think about you getting a simple classic solitaire setting and then maybe placing a gorgeous gemstone of some kind in this setting for a knockout right hand ring. But yes, PS is the best place to come to fill your mind with everything sparklie and gorgeous, and to get tons of ideas!
9.gif

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Sparklicious!! I love it!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ooooh, I love your setting but I''m very biased since it''s pretty similar to my original engagement setting. I adore split shanks and think they are so special and stunning on the hand. My original setting was damaged when a door slammed on my hand and I switched to a knife edge pave which I still love, but I often think of the split shank. The one thing I might change would be to wear your rings on separate hands. Your split shank and wedding band are both gorgeous looks that deserve to stand alone!

Londongirl1

Brilliant_Rock
Maisie -Thank you sooo much for the video - that is gonna be one helluva ring
21.gif

I did break the news to my other half about changing the setting, after all he was the one that chose it - luckily he's fine with whatever I want but if I do go with a solitaire I'll make sure that I keep my original setting in case I change my mind - which I have been known to do
2.gif

Sparkle - I love your idea about placing a gem stone in the original setting and wearing it as a right hand ring

beechezz

Brilliant_Rock
No way, Please don''t change that gorgeous setting! It is absolutely stunning! I love it alone and with your fabulous wedding band!

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
It''s lovely. My vote would be to keep it as is. I really like it!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
I think it is beautiful.... I actually love either extreme.. I am weird that way. But think about what you want and what you prefer... you might miss the real estate once it is gone.... or maybe not.

It sure is pretty as it is!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/27/2009 3:00:56 PM
Author: Clairitek
I''ve always loved the split shank personally and I think your set is gorgeous! But if you aren''t 100% happy with it there are plenty of ideas on PS.
Londongirl I know what you mean,, I too have indecision and know what you are going through.. while i love my ring,, I miss having the "wedding" band... and now have ideas in my head after being on PS...

Yep PS will do that... the "plenty of ideas" makes you go nuts. and drooling over everyone''s ring
30.gif
I guess the plenty of ideas isn''t the problem, its sticking to one ehh? Hope you find what you are looking for.. and post pics when you do.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
So pretty! I like it the way it is, but I''m sure a solitaire would look lovely too. I think your set looks wonderful!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like your setting (and if it were me I wouldnt change). However, you can always put it in a solitare
setting and pick out a colored gemstone to put in your split shank (it would be lovely) and you would have
the best of both worlds!

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Your split-shank setting is lovely, though I can relate to you to an extent. When looking at possible e-ring settings with my bf, he always seems to prefer split-shank styles as well. It is not that I do not like the style, it is more of the fact that I would feel like I would have to "baby" my ring more than with a solitaire setting. However, should you decide to go the solitaire route, you had better get yourself a beautiful colored gem cut for your split shank setting! Folks over in the colored gems area would be more than delighted to help with that project.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results