shape
carat
color
clarity

My baby blue topaz

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Molly1024

Shiny_Rock
I bought this blue topaz (I think) off of ebay last year before I knew much about gemstones- I still don''t know much more lol, but it is a sunny day so I thought I would show it off. It''s quite the little sparkler in its own way; it looks icy blue in the shade and a deeper blue in the sunlight.

Here it is in the shade, sitting on top of my old e-ring setting

DSC03131.JPG

Molly1024

Shiny_Rock
Another shot

DSC03132mm.JPG

Molly1024

Shiny_Rock
In its little box on the sill in the sunshine

DSC03134boxinsun.JPG

Molly1024

Shiny_Rock
It looks darker in the sun, doesn''t it? Here it is by the window.

DSC03137bywindow.JPG

Molly1024

Shiny_Rock
And here it is sitting on top of my old setting

DSC03138sideview.JPG

Molly1024

Shiny_Rock
And one more, with the flash on.

DSC03141withflash.JPG

Molly1024

Shiny_Rock
I''m not sure what to do with it; I could have a new head put on my old e-ring setting and set new sidestones- that would be the least expensive & coincidentally (or not) my husband''s favorite. I''m really leaning towards a David Yurman inspired design, but instead of diamonds in the halo, I think I''d rather contine the twisted/braided design from the shank in the halo.

ringblueinspiration111.JPG

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a lovely stone! I really like the idea of the Yurman-like design with the twisted rope halo.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2007 2:20:26 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
What a lovely stone! I really like the idea of the Yurman-like design with the twisted rope halo.
Me too!!!

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
I like how it looks on your current setting. I like the contrast of the big stone and delicate setting.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow, the stone is so pretty (and big) I don''t think I''d do any halo.... it''s gorgeous molly!!!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Molly, I think that stone would look beautiful in a pendant! It obviously looks beautiful on your hand, but I think a great way to really showcase it would be to have it maybe bezel set or halo''d or just left "naked" and sitting smack dab in the center of your collarbone!

Molly1024

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for your comments everyone.

Cehrabehra- it''s not quite as big as it looks in these pictures

monarch64- I originally thought about getting it bezel set with some sparkle on the bale because it is a nice sized stone, but last week I saw a girl with a chunky David Yurman-esque RHR on her middle finger and loved the look. I have long fingers that aren''t exactly dainty, so I think a thicker ring would suit my hands.

Can anybody Photoshop the twisted design from the shank into the halo? Thanks in advance.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Your topaz is lovely Molly. I can't photoshop but I think it would be gorgeous in that twisted rope halo design!

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
Molly, it''s a great color!! Gotta love ebay for stones like that! I have a blue topaz pear that I still need to set but it has a big window so still deciding what to do..anyway, enough about me, back to you!

I think that a rope setting would be great, I really am into that look right now.. I am going to do some surfing and see if there is anything else I can find....

oh, I mentiioned this in another thread....THere is a ring at whitehall jewelers, it is a cushion smokey quartz on a yellow gold band. The band is actually two thin ropes...very much like the Vera wang setting from 2003, if you know which I mean.. If you go to www.verawang.com/jewelry , click on "epoque collection" and the ring is on page 5. Unfortunately, that I can''t link right to that page.

Let me know what you think!

Molly1024

Shiny_Rock
Sophie, that is such a fun cocktail ring- too bad I missed out on it! We were at the beach all day; I''m going to search the seller''s inventory for something similar. Thanks!

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
ok how JEALOUS am I that you spent the day at the beach, and I am still looking at snow banks here!! Where do you live, I am in Ontario, Canada.
14.gif

Molly1024

Shiny_Rock
Sophie-
I live in the panhandle region of Florida US but I''m from Ohio. It''s been so warm & sunny lately that it makes for a lovely day at the beach; once it gets hot and humid it''s rather miserable
37.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results