shape
carat
color
clarity

My August Vintage Cushion and Steven Kirsch Anniversary Ring

Elysian

Brilliant_Rock
Re: My August Vintage Cushion and Steven Kirsch Anniversary

Thank you so much everyone for your lovely comments!
I haven't had a chance to reply individually yet but will this weekend.

I took a few quick phone pics this morning:

_12123.jpg

_12124.jpg

_12125.jpg

_12126.jpg

Elysian

Brilliant_Rock

_12128.jpg

_12129.jpg

_12130.jpg

Elysian

Brilliant_Rock

_12127.jpg

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Perfection. That profile is amazing!!!!!! :lickout:

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock

Wow it looks great! Steven did a great job! We're ring twins now :) Hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine :love:

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gorgeous! Love how the setting lead the eye up to that amazing AVC!! Congratulations to you! :appl:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium

So so gorgeous!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock

Gorgeous!!! Love the handshots! Looks amazing on you!

Elysian

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks, Ashleigh. I think so too! Hubby's a keeper. :))

Thanks, hippi pixi. :)

Thank you, Acinom - I agonized about the design possibility with a cushion shape, how it could be pulled off in such an elegant manner in likeness of Asscher Girl's SB ring, but I didn't need to worry. I think Steven made the setting perfectly suited for my cushion, to his sensibility and my taste.

Thanks, lknvrb4. Me too. :))

Thanks a lot, mom2boys. :)

Thanks, badabling. Your LM is one of my faves too :))

Sweet blossom - you are too kind! :)

Thanks, Sharon. :))

LLJsmom - I guess you are a kindred spirit, you seem to understand what I went through. Thanks for commiserating and for the well wishes. Your ring is one of my faves. :)

Thanks, Rika. :))

Asscher halo lover - thank you. :))

lovefordiamonds - thanks. :)

Thanks, liaerfbv. :))

Huldak - you are too kind, thanks!

Thanks, Aprilbaby. :))

armywife13 - thanks! :)

missy - thanks, you are too nice. :)

heididdl - haha! :)

Rosebloom - thanks a lot! :)

Thanks, plummiecat. :))

Thanks, yennyfire. The ring in your avatar is gorgeous!

Thanks, kalomeli. :)

luvs2sparkle - thanks! At first I was looking into thin and dainty. My original e-ring is dainty so I decided to change it up this time around. The ring in your avatar is beautiful!

Thanks, DeeJay. :)

Thanks, motownmama. :)

pandabee - Me too, I love the vintage vibe on this ring. Thanks a lot!

derbygal - thanks! The profile is pretty amazing!

Asscher Girl - thanks! Your Sebastien Barier ring and the amazing pictures in your thread changed my life, literally. Yes, I am absolutely crazy about mine! I wake up in the morning thinking that I'm still sleeping/dreaming these last few days. Thank you for sharing your pictures here on PS. :)

msop04 - you think like an artist. Thank you for your nice words. :)

Thanks again, luvs2sparkle!

woofmama - thank you! You are too sweet. :))

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow, that is incredible!!! :love: :love: :love: Great job, Steven Kirsch!!! :appl: I can SO relate about setting decisions, but I really love what you chose and am very happy to see this style ring made by others!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Love your hand shots - it looks great on you. Congratulations on your milestones.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

It's absolute perfection!! Looks very substantial and blingy on your hand.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks for posting more pics!! I love your ring on your hand! It's so beautiful. How does it feel after having for a week?

Elysian

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks, diamondseeker2006, minousbijoux, Laila619, LLJsmom!

I'm going to eat my words. Lol! <--- that's me trying to keep a sense of humor about this... While the ring is beautiful, I didn't like the cushion shape on me so back the AVC went (which incidentally is being sold or is sold) and the SK setting for consignment at GOG. I should have listened to my initial gut feelings (and I had many of these) and gone with a round. Oh well, an $$$ lesson learned! Hubby and I decided it's a good time to upgrade since we were planning on upgrading again soon (this was our plan before my 'epiphany' lol) ...to an AVR of K color with rosy undertone, which is better for my purple hued hands. Currently being set in an elegant solitaire. And of course, GOG is consistently amazing, and just as the previous time I worked with David who is just a dream to work with! I am counting the days/ hours until she arrives!!!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Elysian|1388189900|3581550 said:

I'm going to eat my words. Lol! <--- that's me trying to keep a sense of humor about this... While the ring is beautiful, I didn't like the cushion shape on me so back the AVC went (which incidentally is being sold or is sold) and the SK setting for consignment at GOG. I should have listened to my initial gut feelings (and I had many of these) and gone with a round. Oh well, an $$$ lesson learned! Hubby and I decided it's a good time to upgrade since we were planning on upgrading again soon (this was our plan before my 'epiphany' lol) ...to an AVR of K color with rosy undertone, which is better for my purple hued hands. Currently being set in an elegant solitaire. And of course, GOG is consistently amazing, and just as the previous time I worked with David who is just a dream to work with! I am counting the days/ hours until she arrives!!!

Oh no, so sorry to hear it! But you live and learn!

BTW, did you upgrade to Wintotty's old 3.21 ct K SI-1 AVR? I noticed that it is no longer in their inventory! ;)) I think her old Vatche setting was perfect!

Elysian

Brilliant_Rock

mom2boys|1388190503|3581561 said:
Elysian|1388189900|3581550 said:

Oh no, so sorry to hear it! But you live and learn!

BTW, did you upgrade to Wintotty's old 3.21 ct K SI-1 AVR? I noticed that it is no longer in their inventory! ;)) I think her old Vatche setting was perfect!

Guilty!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh no! Sorry to hear this!
But a nice big round avr in a simple solitaire does not sound so bad either :naughty:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

You know, I was looking at settings on various ring makers FB pages and I came back to your thread to see your setting. I reread your first post and then scrolled through to see the pictures, etc. Naturally I am surprised that you changed your mind, but I adore the AVR that you ended up with! If I could afford your AVC/SK ring as a RHR at the moment, I'd buy it! I have come to the conclusion that I love multiple things, and that is why it is hard to narrow my choices down to just one. I love my AVR, though, and I think you'll be very happy with that, as long as you like the color (which looked wonderful to me!). And that stone was over 3 cts if I recall correctly! You did a very quick upgrade in size, too! Looking forward to the reveal!

(You should post your old setting on Pre-loved as soon as GOG gets it up on their site. What size is it?)

One more thing. You have really made me more afraid about choosing a setting! Maybe I should just stick with a solitaire, too! :-o

Elysian

Brilliant_Rock

Hi, Acinom. Thanks for your kind words.

Hi DS!
I was just doing the same thing the other day, browsing photos of designer rings on FB! I agree, it's hard to choose just one where we live in a world of so many options. I think the certainty I had of my SK ring was beginners' certainty and love at first sight... I had loved so many rings up to that point in my search, then to my dismay moved onto another that I loved equally or more, then came across the Barier design I thought I couldn't live without... An infatuation equalled by love of no previous intricate designs, to that point. Personally, I think this ring looks best with step cuts or a larger rectangular cushion.

More on deciding, that's a tough one. I continue to learn about myself through this ongoing journey. Some things I already knew... I am impulsive, I fall in love easily, I am fickle and finicky, therefore I need options. So for me, I think a solitaire would make me happiest so that I could change up with eternities of differing styles... Who knows I just might find something more permanent along the way? Permanent or semi-permanent, to me it's just part of the journey. And this journey is part of the fun! I tell myself this so I don't take it too seriously... I tend to be too serious! Nothing is forever. The cost of a setting does not make it more or less permanent, I tried it and didn't like it, I'll try again some other time when I am more certain and even then I can change my mind. I don't see any of it as mistakes I see them as steps along the way to a happier me lol. Wow those are some really long sentences and boring post.

I hope I didn't deter you from your setting decisions! I am just a beginner so what I do know about this whole one-ring journey? But I suspect the more one knows about jewelry the more awareness of options, higher standards, more expectations of return (enjoyment of jewelry), thus more difficult to choose...

Personally, I wouldn't change your set. I love your current set! It's classic, elegant, and sublime! But if you do decide on another setting, I'm sure it'll be just as lovely.

This is fun stuff!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'm so sorry to hear you are not keeping your gorgeous ring. But, I can't wait to see your new one!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results