My ASET Picture - thoughts?

skypie

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Looks a bit leaky, especially from 6 to 12 o'clock

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's a great picture, did you take it or did the vendor take it?

Mike52

Rough_Rock
Premium
I appreciate the input! For further info, I’ve taken the stone to 2 vendors (different than who I purchased from) and they have both made me feel confident about my purchase. I guess what I’m looking for here is if there’s anything the experts see from the ASET pictures that I should be very concerned about.
I’ve attached another picture here as the ASET pictures (understandably) change slightly depending on how the diamond is positioned on the scope base. I took the pictures myself using one of the vendor’s scopes.

C50CF550-14C8-4C33-A344-5CC1510E3147.jpeg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks fine to me...

skypie

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Mike52

Rough_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the replies, All! Would love some detailed analysis from one of the resident experts.

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not an expert, but thought your first ASET had the diamond tilted slightly. The second pic looks much better. That, and two jewelers who didn't sell you the stone (who are usually prone to bashing stones you didn't buy from them) gave it a thumbs up, I think you got a keeper!

Can we see actual pics? How are you setting it?

Mike52

Rough_Rock
Premium
I think you’re absolutely right! I’m very excited and pleased with my choice. Will be set on a simple round non-tapered band very thin (1.3mm) in platinum. 4 prongs with diamonds up the sides and under the prongs only (but none in the band). Here are pictures of the stone. I’ll follow up with a picture of the setting inspiration.

C2727F51-63F1-4232-9C93-9A8D3CA40AC7.jpeg

305C7E40-0520-49E0-8D57-7686BDD9FDF5.jpeg 59397BD8-3265-4479-B9DA-A93BA811F5A3.jpeg

Mike52

Rough_Rock
Premium
Prongs are going to look like this (in platinum of course), minus the halo of material in this particular ring. Band will be sans diamonds.

52AF074D-61F8-48E8-82F1-011AC5BD835C.jpeg

Mike52

Rough_Rock
Premium
Bumping this up - Would love expert analysis on the 2 ASET pictures I posted. Thanks a bunch!

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The ASET is slightly tilted, which is why you have that light variation in color from N to S. Another hint that that is what you see is that the arrows are consistently shorter on one side from the other. It is a good ASET showing edge to edge brightness. This is a classic 60/60 stone so you will generally have a lot of white light return (brilliance) and less fire. The ASET can't really show you that, but you can see that with your eyes. That reduction in fire will be exacerbated by the low crown angle of 33.5 even though it is well matched with a pavilion angle of 40.8. That said, many will find this diamond very nice. Others may dislike the profile view being a bit flat and the performance lacking in fire.

There are a lot of crystal inclusions on that may or may not be a "eye clean" issue for you as visual acuty and tolerance varies.

Without information about your wants and budget, I can't say whether you paid a fair price or there are better option out there for you but the price onlinve varies from $8300 to $12085.

This is comprable in size option that would generate fire and have the higher crown. Still want an IS
https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-di...f-color-vs2-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-3430965

If the clouds as an inclusion were cleared by a geologist, this i lovely.
https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-di...g-color-si1-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-4490904

This is a super-ideal.
https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3965472.htm

Maggiemeans

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Is that a fabric loop I see Mike52? Makes curious where mine is.

Mike52

Rough_Rock
Premium
Very much appreciate the the detailed response, rockysalamander! With regards to eye clean, the 2 third party jewellers I had review the diamond confirmed that it is. Thank you so much again for your suggestions and analysis!

The ASET is slightly tilted, which is why you have that light variation in color from N to S. Another hint that that is what you see is that the arrows are consistently shorter on one side from the other. It is a good ASET showing edge to edge brightness. This is a classic 60/60 stone so you will generally have a lot of white light return (brilliance) and less fire. The ASET can't really show you that, but you can see that with your eyes. That reduction in fire will be exacerbated by the low crown angle of 33.5 even though it is well matched with a pavilion angle of 40.8. That said, many will find this diamond very nice. Others may dislike the profile view being a bit flat and the performance lacking in fire.

There are a lot of crystal inclusions on that may or may not be a "eye clean" issue for you as visual acuty and tolerance varies.

Without information about your wants and budget, I can't say whether you paid a fair price or there are better option out there for you but the price onlinve varies from $8300 to $12085.

This is comprable in size option that would generate fire and have the higher crown. Still want an IS
https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-di...f-color-vs2-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-3430965

If the clouds as an inclusion were cleared by a geologist, this i lovely.
https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-di...g-color-si1-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-4490904

This is a super-ideal.
https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3965472.htm

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results