shape
carat
color
clarity

My antique heirloom engagement ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

charbie

Ideal_Rock
I got engaged a few months ago and am excited to hopefully learn more about the ring!! I don''t know much about it except that it is .33c, 14k white gold, and from the mid 1940''s. It has been appraised, but I don''t know if there is any information available on the diamond. I do know that the jeweler who sized it LOVED it and said it''s of a quality you don''t normally see anymore which made me feel special :)

Here''s the engagement story: My fiance has always been very close with his grandparents, and his grandmother has been a widow now for a few years and asked if he would like to use her ring if he was going to be proposing. That got the ball rolling, and a few weeks later he had the ring. I had been wanting a chocolate lab puppy for months, and so he adopted a tiny little guy from a local rescue agency, put the ring on his collar, and then surprised me with both the puppy and the ring one night after going to a nice dinner- how perfect and sweet!?

I also have her wedding band which I can post pictures of, but I''m trying to get suggestions of what kind of band might look nice with it. The one she has is a pretty but plain white gold band, and I''d like a little bling
2.gif

Thanks for letting me share!!

Engagement ring 026.JPG

charbie

Ideal_Rock
These pictures don''t do justice...it''s so sparkly!

Engagement ring 025.JPG

charbie

Ideal_Rock
On my hand...

Engagement ring 030.JPG

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
i think it is really pretty. it would be cool to know about the history

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's just beautiful. I love round stones in square heads as well. It adds such interesting geometry to the piece and gives it that deco look and appeal. What a sweet and thoughtful grandmother, but I'm sure she wanted this beloved ring to stay in the family, and so it shall!

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Little bit farther away.

Engagement ring hand.JPG

flowerladytoo

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/16/2008 9:04:53 PM
Author:charbie
I got engaged a few months ago and am excited to hopefully learn more about the ring!! I don''t know much about it except that it is .33c, 14k white gold, and from the mid 1940''s. It has been appraised, but I don''t know if there is any information available on the diamond. I do know that the jeweler who sized it LOVED it and said it''s of a quality you don''t normally see anymore which made me feel special :)

Here''s the engagement story: My fiance has always been very close with his grandparents, and his grandmother has been a widow now for a few years and asked if he would like to use her ring if he was going to be proposing. That got the ball rolling, and a few weeks later he had the ring. I had been wanting a chocolate lab puppy for months, and so he adopted a tiny little guy from a local rescue agency, put the ring on his collar, and then surprised me with both the puppy and the ring one night after going to a nice dinner- how perfect and sweet!?

I also have her wedding band which I can post pictures of, but I''m trying to get suggestions of what kind of band might look nice with it. The one she has is a pretty but plain white gold band, and I''d like a little bling
2.gif

Thanks for letting me share!!

Oh that is soooo beautiful! And the history associated with it makes it even more special.
4.gif

I bet it would look lovely with a channel set eternity ring, or maybe a band with scattered diamonds. Maybe go visit different jewelers and try on lots of bands, and see what you like best. I would think possibly the only type that wouldn''t go with it would be the pave bands with diamonds on three sides. The heavier setting of your ering would probably chew up a delicate ring like that. Could be wrong on that, though.
Would love to see more pictures of your ring, if you get the chance
9.gif
Congratulations on your upcoming wedding.

jess1981

Shiny_Rock
I think your ring is beautiful. I love the look of antique engagement rings. It is so special that your ring was your FI''s grandmothers. I would love to have a ring with a family history. You don''t see that very much.

What a perfect proposal. I bet you were so excited to get at a new puppy and a fiance all at once. You have a sweet story to tell for years to come.

Congatulations
36.gif

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Thank you all! People tend to get so wrapped up in the big rocks (don''t get me wrong...I think they are gorgeous too...but hopefully I''ll get those later) but this ring has lasted the test of time of over 60 years! I just hope it brings us the same luck it brought them. I gush about it all the time, but I love that it''s so simple and elegant, and really sturdy at the same time. It really matches my personality and even though we could have gone looking for something new and flashy- I wouldn''t have wanted any other ring.

charbie

Ideal_Rock
I felt like I had ADD...I kept crying and was like, "Oh what a cute fuzzy puppy!" "Oh my LORD my ring is so sparkly!" and couldnt concentrate on either one!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is very pretty, and I love that it has a special history. Congratulations on your engagement!

joflier

Ideal_Rock
It looks very lovely and something to treasure forever!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous and what a sweet proposal story! But I think you should post pics of your puppy, too!
3.gif

I would try to find an antique bead set wedding band...or at least an antique style bead set wedding band!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think a band like this would be perfect! This is a repro but I bet you could find a real antique! link

L1064ple.jpg

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
So pretty! I love heirloom rings. So special.

onvacation

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! It looks so perfectly modern on your hand. I love the proposal too! Sooo thoughtful and sweet. Does your puppy have a name yet?

How about a bezeled band of interchanging asschers(or princesses or anything square) and RBs, to keep with the square+ round theme? Milgrain optional.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s very pretty and such a sweet proposal and great story.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE it!! I have two of my grandmother''s rings which are very similar to yours in style, but with much smaller diamonds and I wear them on my right hand all the time. I always get compliments when I wear them, even though the diamonds in mine are almost too small to see. Yours is amazingly beautiful, with a nice sized gorgeous rock in there too! Congrats
36.gif
I love the proposal too!

softly softly

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful ring with such a beautiful sentiment attached to it. Congratulations on your engagement.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is beautiful! It looks very pretty on your hand. Congratulations on your engagement! Now I want to see that puppy
1.gif
!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I adore antique rings, and that one you got there is very beautiful!
30.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s beautiful and so special and it looks perfect on your hand! A trifecta!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/17/2008 12:22:30 AM
Author: SanDiegoLady

Date: 11/16/2008 9:49:10 PM
Author: charbie
I felt like I had ADD...I kept crying and was like, ''Oh what a cute fuzzy puppy!'' ''Oh my LORD my ring is so sparkly!'' and couldnt concentrate on either one!
ROFL. Aw honey, its lovely. Congratulations!!!
LOL! Yay puppy! Yay ring!

It''s lovely, and I love the history behind it- so sweet!

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/17/2008 9:30:00 AM
Author: geckodani
Date: 11/17/2008 12:22:30 AM

Author: SanDiegoLady

Date: 11/16/2008 9:49:10 PM

Author: charbie

I felt like I had ADD...I kept crying and was like, ''Oh what a cute fuzzy puppy!'' ''Oh my LORD my ring is so sparkly!'' and couldnt concentrate on either one!

ROFL. Aw honey, its lovely. Congratulations!!!

LOL! Yay puppy! Yay ring!

It''s lovely, and I love the history behind it- so sweet!

Ditto Ditto Ditto! Puppy pictures please!
What a wonderful ring, have fun searching for a meaningful band.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/16/2008 11:26:18 PM
Author: thing2of2
I think a band like this would be perfect! This is a repro but I bet you could find a real antique! link

Ditto--That would look lovely!

Lovely ring! What a sweet proposal story--a puppy and a ring!

Congratulations to you both!
36.gif

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
I love your ering and I love even more it was his grandmothers... That says alot about you :) They must love you as much as he does....woooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your engagement! Your ring is so wonderful! I love the thought behind it. Someday I would like to do the same with mine.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
your e ring is beautiful! I love heirloom jewelry, and I love the history behind antique jewelry. Congratulations! Your engagement story was too cute too! You have to share pics of the pup! What did you name him?

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s positively gorgeous!!
30.gif
I just love that style of setting.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very, very pretty! Congrats!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results