shape
carat
color
clarity

My Antique Halo - Wear it as RHR

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jewels

Shiny_Rock
This ring has been passed down from a few genarations. My MIL gave it to me on my wedding day. I didn''t wear it for years as ths ring was a size 6 and I wear a size 4 on my right. It was in YG and I had it plated in WG. It looks good in both YG and WG but I much prefer the WG look. It looks huge on my finger so I only wear it on formal occations. It has 8 diamonds surrounding the center stone. I don''t have the stats, I could only guess that the stones are between 1.5 - 1.7 tcw.

IMG_4418.jpg

Jewels

Shiny_Rock

IMG_4420.jpg

Jewels

Shiny_Rock

IMG_4421.jpg

Jewels

Shiny_Rock

IMG_4422.jpg

Jewels

Shiny_Rock
1.gif

IMG_4424.jpg

Jewels

Shiny_Rock
2.gif

IMG_4425.jpg

Jewels

Shiny_Rock

IMG_4427.jpg

Jewels

Shiny_Rock
more

IMG_4428.jpg

Jewels

Shiny_Rock
last one for now

IMG_4431.jpg

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
WOW
6.gif
That is a whoppin'' ring! I think it looks beautiful in the white gold. That is a very generous gift your MIL gave you on your wedding day. You are fortunate to have such a kind MIL.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, what a beautiful antique ring. I love it..

widget

Ideal_Rock

I think it''s gorgeous....lucky you!

I like the scalloped look around the outside....I bet it looked good in YG, too!

Yum!
18.gif

widget

Jewels

Shiny_Rock
A full hand shot to give everyone a better idea of how big this ring looks. I wear it on my size 3.5 left hand so that I can take this pic. Do you all think this ring is too big?? I don''t wear it much as I am afraid that it looks too big and out of proportion on my right hand. Please be honest, I know you all here on PS loves SIZE, but do you all think the average people out there will think that this ring is too much (as in BIG) for formal occations?

IMG_4433.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh I love it. The detailing on the setting is sooo pretty. Lucky girl!!!

widget

Ideal_Rock
Size 3 and a half!!!
23.gif
Almost any ring would look big on you, Girl!
1.gif

I think it looks lovely...fine for dress-up, or any time, in my opinion. I think all bets are off when it comes to family treasures anyway. They should be worn with pride and thoroughly enjoyed.

Looks beautiful!
30.gif

widget

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d wear that baby every day. No rules here!!!
9.gif

Jewels

Shiny_Rock
Thank you Lizz, Mrssalvo, Widget and kaleigh.

Lizz - my MIL have given me a few more pieces of jewelry but this is my fav for sure. I also love a US gold coin from 1897 which she made into a pendant for me.

Widget - I love the scalloped look around the outside, it makes the ring look like a flower and also BIGGER!

kaleigh - yes, the detailing is amazing. Can you believe that this is from a set of earrings? My MIL has a son and a daughter and she decided to take the pair of earrings and make them into 2 rings. I did not have a chance to see them when they were earrings, but can you immagine having 2 of these as earrings? I think my ear lobes will not be able to handle it.
31.gif

ETA: My MIL gave the other ring to her daughter. My SIL decided to keep it in YG.

Jewels

Shiny_Rock
Here is a clearer shot of the ring. I can''t take good pics when I am holding the camera in one hand and the ring in another. This pic turns out a lot better as it was sitting on the table.

IMG_4434.jpg

Jewels

Shiny_Rock
You can see some body color from these pics but in real life, they are white! If I have to guess the color, it would be between F - G.

IMG_4435.jpg

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your ring is lovely. I agree with Widget. Family treasures can be worn anytime. You are so lucky to have a wonderful mother-in-law. Can you have the ring sized to your finger, or would you rather keep it the size that it is?

Linda.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Very unusual ring. What a sweet MIL. Congrats

shay

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a gorgeous, stunning vintage piece! Just divinely elegant and commanding yet delicate. I love it.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Oh it''s stunning! And no, I would wear that all the time!!!

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
I don''t think its too big for formal occasions. It is a fun piece and looks really classy IMO. Everyday wear it would be to blingy for me but when dressinbg up it can add some really nice sparkle!

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
How unique! It looks like a Dahlia. I''d wear that baby whenever and wherever I pleased.
2.gif

Jewels

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all for your compliments and feedback on the size.

My mom has many pieces of diamond jewelry but when she saw this ring, her jaw just dropped
30.gif

Jewels

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/8/2006 3:37:30 PM
Author: Linda W
Your ring is lovely. I agree with Widget. Family treasures can be worn anytime. You are so lucky to have a wonderful mother-in-law. Can you have the ring sized to your finger, or would you rather keep it the size that it is?

Linda.
Linda, the ring is now in size 4 which fits my right hand which is a siize 4. The finger on my left hand is 3.5 so the ring looks a bit loose in these pics. Had to wear it on my left when I took these pics as I was holding the camera with my right hand.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
wow, if that ring doesn''t make a statement...!!

that''s so sweet that it was given to you by your MIL.. i have a pendant that used to belong to my fiance''s grandmother and it means the world to me.

just gorgeous
30.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
What a sweet and sentimental gift, I would wear it all the time!!!

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
that is such a pretty, and unique piece! I would definately wear it as much as possible...its gorgeous! and HUGE!!

What a really neat idea...taking earrings and splitting them.....I''ll have to keep that idea in mind for my two sons'' future wives....now, I just have to get a honking pair of earrings first!! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results