shape
carat
color
clarity

My anniversary gift - an antique emerald ring

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
My dear BF surprised me with this ring today for our 2 year anniversary! :appl: I've never owned any gemstone pieces, so I'm incredibly excited over the thoughtfulness of it. Green just happens to be my favorite color. ;))

What I know about the ring is that it's an estate piece set in platinum, ~30pts of single cut diamonds, and the emerald is ~1/2ct which I believe to be an old mine cut. It's just amazingly sparkly in real life and color of the emerald is just so vivid (which I was unfortunately unable to capture in the photos). Thanks for looking and sharing my excitement!

_3788.jpg

emeraldring2.jpg

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous! Love the setting too!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Niiiiiiiiiiiiice!!! Verrrrrrry Nice!!! Love that antique setting - and it looks so perfectly HUGE on your hand!! What a lovely surprise gift!! Love the millegraining detail on there - oooh, so beautiful!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty ring.

D

Deactivated member 42515

Love it!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, just wow. First of all, don't feel bad - no one can take good pics of emeralds. They are utterly elusive and literally hide their true colors. Now on to the ring - fabulous! I love it! I love antique platinum rings. Do you know if the emerald was original to the ring? I love the design and hope you cherish it! Oh, yeah, and BF is a keeper! :cheeky:

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
It's a beautiful design!!! Great job BF!! I really like your jade? bracelets on your other hand as well. Happy 2 years!! ::)

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ohhh, its really lovely! What a special gift! :love:

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful ring and a very happy anniversary to you!

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
I love it! Very delicate looking. Enjoy!

ClassyRocks

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! It is wonderful. Vintage/antique stones have so much character, and yours looks gorgeous on your finger! I am really loving emeralds lately! :Up_to_something:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its amazing to me when people are able to make surprise gifts and get it so right! If someone had given it to me, they would have gotten it soooo right :bigsmile:

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!!!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
I love that!

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
I love that he was so thoughtful! What a stunning ring! Can we get a few more pictures?! :naughty:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, your ring is gorgeous!!!! :love: I love everything about it- the amazing emerald and the beautiful antique setting!! Please post more pics!! :love:
And happy anniversary!!! Your dh did very well!!!

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is stunning! What an amazing anniversary gift. Congratulations!

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you all for the lovely replies! I wore it to the office today and I have to admit that I couldn't stop staring at it all day. I'm just so in love with how ornate and low profile the setting is. As a first time emerald owner, it's mesmerizing to see how the color reacts to different lighting.

Upon closer inspection of the ring, it seems there has been some sloppy rework done to some of the prongs (you can see in the 3rd pic) and the millegrain has faded along some of the edges (although that's totally expected). I honestly don't mind it much since you can't really tell from afar, and the prongs don't catch and are holding in the emerald securely. I'm sure in the near future I'll get it spruced up again, but I'm definitely over the moon happy with it as is!

minousbijoux - I'm glad i'm not the only one who can't take good photos of emeralds! :lol: Unfortunately, I can't say for sure if the emerald is original to the ring or not. I just don't know if the work done to the prongs was from replacing the stone or a touch up. I love the design too and now I'm just excited to see what the BF will choose as an engagement ring! ;)) BTW, the ring in your avatar is STUNNING!

pandabee - Good eye! Yes, they're jade bead bracelets. ::) A very nice lady near my office hand makes them, and I can't help but purchase one every once in a while.

StacylikesSparkles & missy - pictures posted!

emerald3.jpg

_3823.jpg

_3824.jpg

emerald6.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love rings that have galleries like that so they don't inadvertently dig into your finger.

I dropped by again to tell you to please come over to Colored Stones forum some time. One of the things that is ongoing is a thread called "Show me Your Emeralds" and well, I believe the rest is obvious!

So while I came to say that, I've been rewarded with more great pics! Yay and thanks for posting more :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results