shape
carat
color
clarity

My Anniversary Diamond

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on your milestone anniversary. What a gorgeous ring!!! Both it and your husband are definitely keepers!!! Best wishes for many, many more years together. Wear this lovely ring well.

aaww thank you @starbrite !! that is such a lovely thing to say!!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Hi All!

May i present to you my new anniversary diamond from my sweetest devoted hubby. He takes better pictures but here are some i've taken, anyway.

This is under ceiling LED light at home. Agenda as background.
IMG_1189.JPG

This is by a west facing window approaching dusk under dappled light. Trellis is casting the shadow. Using agenda to cover up my messy desk.
IMG_1184.JPG

IMG_1183.JPG

IMG_1182.JPG
Please disregard the burn on my finger, sustained trying to make quesadillas.

I took these warmer images first. Then decided it was a bit too warm, to clearly, see the diamond.
Thank you to the Pricescope Community!
A thousand "thank yous" to those that took the time to share with me, guide me, help me. The pros: KarlK, garry, bryan texasleaguer, yoram diagem, the jewelry source, prism baby, wink, Im certain i've left somebody out...
The AMAZING knowledgable prosumers that took the time ,to actively help me (and others) by commenting!!!
I had to see ALOT ALOT to get a real feel for what i really wanted to bring home. Platt, Jewels by Grace, SingleStone, Tiffany co, Harry Winston, Cartier, Graff, private jeweler diamantaire.

My Anniversary diamond is an Emerald Cut 3 and a half carat d color vvs2 clarity.

it's currently set in a 4 pronged platinum head on a 2mm knife edge 18k band sized 5 ring

Thank YOU, again!

Gorg! :kiss2: I wish I had your long slim fingers! I know you said solitaire but I just had to share this setting for you...

2511F2FC-E122-4467-A6A9-E02F08F03D01.jpeg

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
Gorg! :kiss2: I wish I had your long slim fingers! I know you said solitaire but I just had to share this setting for you...

2511F2FC-E122-4467-A6A9-E02F08F03D01.jpeg

luluma=)2

that's so gorgeous!!! i haven't been able to get bullets out of my mind, lately! i think having lived with a solitaire for over a year. i want a solitaire feel but with accent stones like the image you've so kindly shared. some call this a 3 stone but to me if the bullets are small enough, its a solitaire with bullet accents. i am so ready for accent stones.

thank you!!

Fancygems

Brilliant_Rock
Stunning and oh so elegant and the simplicity of the setting exudes elegance!!!! Love, love, love.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
luluma=)2

that's so gorgeous!!! i haven't been able to get bullets out of my mind, lately! i think having lived with a solitaire for over a year. i want a solitaire feel but with accent stones like the image you've so kindly shared. some call this a 3 stone but to me if the bullets are small enough, its a solitaire with bullet accents. i am so ready for accent stones.

thank you!!

Oh please get a setting like this! In my mind, a 3 stone is when the side stones are closer in size to center stone. These bullets are definitely accents imo. Can you tell I really love this setting? :lol:

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
Stunning and oh so elegant and the simplicity of the setting exudes elegance!!!! Love, love, love.

thank you! very kind of you to say! i really appreciate it!

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
Oh please get a setting like this! In my mind, a 3 stone is when the side stones are closer in size to center stone. These bullets are definitely accents imo. Can you tell I really love this setting? :lol:

ha, you're so cute! yes, i can tell you love that setting!!

i do feel straight baguettes or bullets will be the direction i go with the setting. last summer and autumn it was all about the straight baguettes. recently, it has been about bullets. bullets feel more dynamic as baguettes feel more stagnant. both beautiful though.

what do you think of this?? the center diamond is 2.81ct

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock

i do feel straight baguettes or bullets will be the direction i go with the setting. last summer and autumn it was all about the straight baguettes. recently, it has been about bullets. bullets feel more dynamic as baguettes feel more stagnant. both beautiful though.

Oh this asscher is just a bit smaller than my ec. i'm not sure about the trio of bullets. the challenge is to get something special that you won't get tired of. seems like an ec with tapered baguettes like mine is the go to. if my dh wasn't attached to the baguettes, bullets or french cuts would have been my top choice for my reset.

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Of course it's all down to personal preference, but I feel this setting is just a little bit too complicated and will divert attention away from your magnificent center diamond.

On the other hand the @lulu_ma setting is so simple, yet so beautiful that it actually enhances the center diamond and makes it even more perfect.

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
Oh this asscher is just a bit smaller than my ec. i'm not sure about the trio of bullets. the challenge is to get something special that you won't get tired of. seems like an ec with tapered baguettes like mine is the go to. if my dh wasn't attached to the baguettes, bullets or french cuts would have been my top choice for my reset.

you are absolutely right. the challenge is being able to achieve a setting unique and special that isn't "too much" or one that can easily get tired of, elegant but with some type of uniqueness. i think you've achieved that with your split row pave and tapered baguettes.

the reason it is still in its temporary home is because i haven't been able to settle on something just yet. i do know i want hand rolled/hand fabricated in platinum. i don't get to chat jewelry with people in real life especially with covid but my friend thinks i should leave it a solitaire no accents

i think it's quite sweet that your hubby is attached to the baguettes.

would you have french cuts or bullets placed where the tapered baguettes are now??

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
Of course it's all down to personal preference, but I feel this setting is just a little bit too complicated and will divert attention away from your magnificent center diamond.

On the other hand the @lulu_ma setting is so simple, yet so beautiful that it actually enhances the center diamond and makes it even more perfect.

i do love the setting @lulu_ma posted with the side accent bullets

thank you!! i do so appreciate you weighing in. it's very helpful to get not only an informed but also an experienced opinion. the ring below was my inspiration ring with the straight baguettes.

@lulu_ma @prs what do you both think of this ring??

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
you are absolutely right. the challenge is being able to achieve a setting unique and special that isn't "too much" or one that can easily get tired of, elegant but with some type of uniqueness. i think you've achieved that with your split row pave and tapered baguettes.

the reason it is still in its temporary home is because i haven't been able to settle on something just yet. i do know i want hand rolled/hand fabricated in platinum. i don't get to chat jewelry with people in real life especially with covid but my friend thinks i should leave it a solitaire no accents

i think it's quite sweet that your hubby is attached to the baguettes.

would you have french cuts or bullets placed where the tapered baguettes are now??

I think I would have done either bullets or a pave split shank. I probably would have gone with the split shank because the bullets would have been a similar profile to what I had before.

These are my 3 fav settings from reset research-all very different but all swoon worthy imo. :kiss2:. I think the last one in yellow gold is VCA setting. It’s the metal color that makes that one special.

E54CF4F6-8257-4C61-BDD8-6FF771D0F3B2.jpeg E0949CFD-9E9A-40A9-A3A6-E3A5DB406075.jpeg 7B24FB3E-7B29-44F0-A331-AE8A182C7FF8.jpeg B884D416-AAE8-4784-B5C9-899A6675C454.jpeg

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
I think I would have done either bullets or a pave split shank. I probably would have gone with the split shank because the bullets would have been a similar profile to what I had before.

These are my 3 fav settings from reset research-all very different but all swoon worthy imo. :kiss2:. I think the last one in yellow gold is VCA setting. It’s the metal color that makes that one special.

E54CF4F6-8257-4C61-BDD8-6FF771D0F3B2.jpeg E0949CFD-9E9A-40A9-A3A6-E3A5DB406075.jpeg 7B24FB3E-7B29-44F0-A331-AE8A182C7FF8.jpeg B884D416-AAE8-4784-B5C9-899A6675C454.jpeg

thank you!! i do so appreciate you weighing in. it's very helpful to get not only an informed but also an experienced opinion. the ring below was my inspiration ring with the straight baguettes.

Here’s another one from my inspo album with 3 bullets on each side

509B124B-D1CC-4576-9102-8A0EBECD6A41.jpeg

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

When it comes to diamonds I am neither informed or experienced. :)

All I know is you have an absolutely fabulous diamond, any additional accent stones have to make it look even more beautiful. For sure they mustn't detract from that beauty in any way. Don't settle for something that doesn't make your heart sing, it may take awhile but it will be worth waiting for.

Having said that, I love Lulu's simple but totally elegant bullet setting, but if it's not scratching your itch just keep it in reserve till "The One" reveals itself. =)2

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
When it comes to diamonds I am neither informed or experienced. :)

All I know is you have an absolutely fabulous diamond, any additional accent stones have to make it look even more beautiful. For sure they mustn't detract from that beauty in any way. Don't settle for something that doesn't make your heart sing, it may take awhile but it will be worth waiting for.

Having said that, I love Lulu's simple but totally elegant bullet setting, but if it's not scratching your itch just keep it in reserve till "The One" reveals itself. =)2

i consider you to be informed and experienced as you and your dear wife have acquired such a beautiful collection of jewels. and i suppose, i, especially, appreciate and value, someone that has gone through such a process, contributing an opinion=)2

thank you! yes, i am agreement with you. i think you've provided some very sound advice. i so do love lulu's bullets ...

Reactions: prs

lil425

Shiny_Rock
WOW. What a beautiful ring! Actually that style ring is my dream ring. Thanks for posting. I can visit on occasion and dream.......

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
BFF, I was going thru my saved inspiration photos earlier, and I thought of you when I saw this one. Trillion sides might be another simple but elegant option to consider.

Trillion side stones.jpg

Getting the side stone proportions right, no matter their shape, will be the trick. I see a pad of graph paper in your future. :mrgreen2:

Maybe a new thread in RT to get more ideas?

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
BFF, I was going thru my saved inspiration photos earlier, and I thought of you when I saw this one. Trillion sides might be another simple but elegant option to consider.

Trillion side stones.jpg

Getting the side stone proportions right, no matter their shape, will be the trick. I see a pad of graph paper in your future. :mrgreen2:

@Big Fat Facets here’s a pic of mom’s ec ring set with trillions. This is the ring that started my obsession with ec’s :)
6B2D0DF9-8062-489D-A590-554836AC1F56.jpeg

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
WOW. What a beautiful ring! Actually that style ring is my dream ring. Thanks for posting. I can visit on occasion and dream.......

thank you! that's such a lovely thing to say!

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock

Trillion side stones.jpg

thank you so very much for this image! that's a beauty! yes, i see i've got to devote some care and attention to this, likely with that pad of graph paper. im wonder what this style ring would you considered as, a 3 stone or a solitaire with accents??

i feel, i am more of a step cut or old cut accent or side stone type of person.

Last edited:

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
@Big Fat Facets here’s a pic of mom’s ec ring set with trillions. This is the ring that started my obsession with ec’s :)
6B2D0DF9-8062-489D-A590-554836AC1F56.jpeg

oh lulu! thanks so very much for this image of your mom's ring! i love love love that both mother and daughter wear emerald cut diamond rings. you really know you love and favour a certain cut when one of that particular cut doesn't seem enough...

would you consider your mom's ring a 3 stone or would you consider it a solitaire with accents??

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
oh lulu! thanks so very much for this image of your mom's ring! i love love love that both mother and daughter wear emerald cut diamond rings. you really know you love and favour a certain cut when one of that particular cut doesn't seem enough...

would you consider your mom's ring a 3 stone or would you consider it a solitaire with accents??

Hi BFF, definitely a solitaire with accents. IMO, a 3 stone ring is one where the side stones are the same size or close to the same size as the center stone. And the stones are usually all the same shape.

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
@lulu_ma

is see. thanks for your help lulu=)2 there are some things that i just don't get as clearly ...

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
@lulu_ma

is see. thanks for your help lulu=)2 there are some things that i just don't get as clearly ...

BFF-here’s an ec three stone. Pretty but not my fave. IMO this type of setting distracts from the center stone.
Solitiare
Three stone engagement ring

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
BFF-here’s an ec three stone. Pretty but not my fave. IMO this type of setting distracts from the center stone.
Solitiare
Three stone engagement ring

=)2thank you lulu!! this ring is very pretty. i think i would go smaller on the sides just so the proportions are more pleasing. yes, i see that this is an example of a 3 stone. i must admit that i have grown rather tired of a solitaire and any side stones look fresh and beautiful to me, even these big ones. thank you for coming back with this image. you are the best!!!

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results