shape
carat
color
clarity

My Anniversary Diamond

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
Hi All!

May i present to you my new anniversary diamond from my sweetest devoted hubby. He takes better pictures but here are some i've taken, anyway.

This is under ceiling LED light at home. Agenda as background.
IMG_1189.JPG

This is by a west facing window approaching dusk under dappled light. Trellis is casting the shadow. Using agenda to cover up my messy desk.
IMG_1184.JPG

IMG_1183.JPG

IMG_1182.JPG
Please disregard the burn on my finger, sustained trying to make quesadillas.

I took these warmer images first. Then decided it was a bit too warm, to clearly, see the diamond.
Thank you to the Pricescope Community!
A thousand "thank yous" to those that took the time to share with me, guide me, help me. The pros: KarlK, garry, bryan texasleaguer, yoram diagem, the jewelry source, prism baby, wink, Im certain i've left somebody out...
The AMAZING knowledgable prosumers that took the time ,to actively help me (and others) by commenting!!!
I had to see ALOT ALOT to get a real feel for what i really wanted to bring home. Platt, Jewels by Grace, SingleStone, Tiffany co, Harry Winston, Cartier, Graff, private jeweler diamantaire.

My Anniversary diamond is an Emerald Cut 3 and a half carat d color vvs2 clarity.

it's currently set in a 4 pronged platinum head on a 2mm knife edge 18k band sized 5 ring

Thank YOU, again!

Last edited:

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Classic cut and setting. Just stunning. Will you wear a band with it?

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
:appl:It is beautiful!!! Congratulations on your new ring!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that is fabulous!!!!:love::appl::appl::appl: Congrats on your anniversary and beautiful new ring!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your diamond is gorgeous and your ring is beautiful. Congratulations.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on your anniversary, and what a wonderful way to celebrate!

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You hit up all the best LA places!! Where did you finally find your treasure?

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just perfect!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just beautiful and happy anniversary!!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You can’t beat an emerald cut for elegance. Wear it in good health.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring - congrats and Happy Anniversary! It looks fabulous in you!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Happy anniversary! That’s such an elegant classic! Timeless and beautiful! Congrats!

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Looks fantastic on you! Congratulations--such a pretty ring and your hubby sounds like a total sweetheart. Happy Anniversary!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Picking my jaw up off the floor right now. What an amazing (GIANT) diamond! And I love the elegant minimalism of the setting -- wise choice on the YG, which really highlights the icy whiteness of your stone. Congratulations and good job, hubby!!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is one serious stunner of an EC. Congratulations on your anniversary and finding your stone. It is beautiful on you, and having commercial worthy hands doesn't hurt either.

Rubybrick

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wowza! What a stunning rock. Happy anniversary and you have gorgeous hands.

Will this be the final setting?

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Classic and elegant! :))

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
=)2 Thank You to all of you sweet and kind well wishers! So much LOVE

I haven't yet figured out how to link. if someone could instruct/teach me how to do that??
Also, i've seen people respond in one post to each of the commenters. How do you do that??

Typically, i'd respond to each of you with a separate post but this time im going to give each of you a massive virtual hug!

Im very grateful to have found a diamond i love. I've seen some real and true beauties.

I am even more grateful to my loving husband because throughout the years i've routinely talked myself out of "frivolous" jewelry and instead would opt for practical use of resources. But this time, he encouraged and supported me rather than just let me talk myself out of it, again.
I did have "cold feet" ALL along the way. Lots of doubts, wondering if i was doing the "right" thing. Lots of, "but we could invest the funds" Lots of, "isn't this rather selfish of me?"
And lots of, "...why has this cultural conditioning permeated me so... because im still wanting what i want even if its unpractical and frivolous ALL THE while plagued with doubt , im increasing the budget, then increasing it some more... My husband didn't give me a budget. He just said "get what makes you happy. I want you to enjoy a nice diamond."
If it weren't for him, I wouldnt have been so emboldened.

its currently, in a temporary home until i can figure out who would be interested in setting/mounting my diamond in a non cast handforged ,hand fabricated ,heirloom quality setting. likely to be a solitaire.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GAH, on my wish list.....a big beautiful emerald cut. Lucky you!!!!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!!! You must be over the moon!!!

aac2013

Shiny_Rock
Woooow. Such a beautiful classically elegant ring. You have lovely hands. Enjoy!

Ceilimom

Brilliant_Rock
Yowser! That's gorgeous! Happy Anniversary to you both.

devils_snare

Rough_Rock
Your ring is AMAZING.. the stuff of dreams :love: Happy Anniversary to you both!

naroo_11

Shiny_Rock
Glad I was sitting down...love the finger coverage.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Holy Moly this is a GORGEOUS diamond!!!!

If you ever wanted to share more photos we'd all love to see them!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous diamond! I love the setting too!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results