shape
carat
color
clarity

My Amethyst Pear Ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Okay PSers - here''s another from my collection.

I just got this one back frim 23rd Street Jewelers. I sent them the stone & they did the setting. It''s a 9ct amethyst pear cut. Even though amethyst is my birthstone, purple is not one of my favorite colors. But I did like this stone for it''s very soft lavender color. The setting is platinum & diamonds.

This is meant to be a fun ring - not taking itself seriously! It''s already been promised to my daughter. I think she will pry this one off my finger long before she gets the peridot!
9.gif

amethystpear1.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Close up again. Aren''t the prongs amazing? They are so small you can hardly even see them. I''m really pleased with the setting!

amethystpear1b.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
From the side...the way the jeweler did the basket is very smart. The base keeps the redunkulously huge stone from twisting on my finger. It is unbelieveably easy to wear!

amethystpear3.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
I love love love the contrast of the big stone and the delicate, girly band.

amethystpear4.jpg

wen104

Shiny_Rock
OMG that is the biggest dainty ring I have ever seen. You can adopt me anytime so I can have one too. I am a good daughter!
emotion-5.gif

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Ok - have to go pick up my daughter. I''ll post the rest of the photos when I get back.
1.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
okay.....absolutely dying here! You must simply stop with these rings. I mean come on........each one is more gorgeous than the other! You''re killing me!

Umm, did I mention I love it? The color is so lovely and the setting is so dainty for such a huge thing. Amazing!

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Okay -- I''m back.

Here''s a shot from the back so you can see the basket.

amethystpear6.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Underneath, looking at the play of light through the stone..

amethystpear1d.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
I love the color of the stone.

amethystpear2.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
This is my favorite shot of the ring on my hand. Some of the photos came out a bit pinky overall color wise - but its still pretty much what the stone looks like in real life.

I had a fun time designing this ring with Jessica at 23rd. She and I have such similar taste that we were finishing each others sentences. I''m sure I will be getting them to do more custom work for me in the future.

amethystpear5.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
And here''s my favorite ring picture ever! The amethyst pear on my little daughter''s hand. I actually don''t think the ring looks that crazy huge on her either.
1.gif
I can''t wait until she is older & we can start buying her some pretty things of her own. She is such a girly glitter loving girl - we''re going to have some fun! I pretty much designed this ring with her in mind - very girly, soft and dainty but still a diva princess. LOL!

ameythystpeardaughter.jpg

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Lady A... You''re killing me here.

This is such a beautiful ring! I love it. The amethyst is lovely.
3.gif

I''m going to have to sit my mother down and show her some pics of your collection and have her seriously consider fortifying her own! I just can''t take it any more ... Your jewelry is stunning! You''ll have to take a pic with everything on at the same time just so that we can fully understand the depth and breadth of your collection.
31.gif

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/5/2007 2:59:00 PM
Author: Catmom
okay.....absolutely dying here! You must simply stop with these rings. I mean come on........each one is more gorgeous than the other! You''re killing me!

Umm, did I mention I love it? The color is so lovely and the setting is so dainty for such a huge thing. Amazing!
Oh the fickle world of PS! Last week it was all - hurry up and post your rings - this week it''s - stop, stop, you''re killing me. LOL!

I''m glad you like it. I think it looks like we both appreciate some good colored stones!
9.gif

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/5/2007 3:54:58 PM
Author: Sparkalicious
Lady A... You''re killing me here.

This is such a beautiful ring! I love it. The amethyst is lovely.
3.gif

I''m going to have to sit my mother down and show her some pics of your collection and have her seriously consider fortifying her own! I just can''t take it any more ... Your jewelry is stunning! You''ll have to take a pic with everything on at the same time just so that we can fully understand the depth and breadth of your collection.
31.gif
I''ll have to come up with some clever way of photographing them all at once. I still have bunches more to show you guys! Maybe I''ll have to figure out how to make a poll of what I should show you next....and then what I should have made next....and then what things I "need" to get to fill out my collection...

Obsessed much? LOL! It''s a sickness for sure. That''s what comes of growing up a tomboy I guess - the backlash has been fierce. LOL!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW, this ring is amazing, love it!!!
30.gif

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Okay, now you''re just toying with me! Dangling these pictures in front of my nose like that! JMJ woman, I can only take so much!

38.gif
9.gif

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Kaleigh & Holly!

So what do you guys think of the color of the stone? Just curious since it''s not your usual amethyst color. It''s what I wanted for sure but I haven''t seen many other amethysts with this shade.

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring, I love amethysts. They are so vibrant and purple is my favorite color.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/5/2007 7:43:54 PM
Author: LadyAmythyst69
Thanks Kaleigh & Holly!

So what do you guys think of the color of the stone? Just curious since it's not your usual amethyst color. It's what I wanted for sure but I haven't seen many other amethysts with this shade.
I flat out love this ring! If it were a ring for me, I would probably need to go a little smaller; I'm not sure I have the hutzpah or panache to carry that size off! The color is gorgeous.

It is built very similiar to my pear aquamarine halo RHR. And you're right, the basket does keep the ring from spinning around.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE pear amethysts! Yours is gorgeous!
30.gif

Rock Candy

Brilliant_Rock
OHMYGOSH - I love it!!! Your ring is absolutely stunning! I love the delicate simplicity it portrays! Very elegant and fun - congrats!

kizmet

Rough_Rock
There''s more?! Post, post! I love the basket, it''s just so smart, keeping everything in place.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is beautiful! The setting is AMAZING!!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh. My. God.

That setting is AMAZING. Seriously. Leon has some STIFF competition. WOW.

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
WOW! It is really stunning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the delicate color and setting that this big stone has, it is so beautiful!!!!!
Thanks for sharing, I cant wait for the next one you decide to share with us!

ETA -- Happy 1000th post to me! LOL! This was a great thread to have it on!
2.gif
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results