shape
carat
color
clarity

My Amazing Holy Grail - 9.9mm OEC!

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Just "european diamond"!! I was spending several hours per day on ebay at that time, and looked through probably hundreds of thousands of listings. I wouldn't be surprised if I have looked through a million listings by now, since I've been rescuing diamonds from ebay since 2004. If you think about it, I probably paid more in time than most people paid in retail prices, haha. :nono: :rolleyes: :lol:

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
HFG and some friends! Sorry she's filthy, she hasn't had a bath in 2 weeks.

hfg_98.jpg

hfg_99.jpg

hfg_100.jpg

hfg_101.jpg

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
better pics of the friends. :bigsmile:

blondie_1.jpg

blondie_2.jpg

ruby_cab_1.jpg

ruby_cab_2.jpg

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ForteKitty|1364105075|3412184 said:
Sorry she's filthy, she hasn't had a bath in 2 weeks.

I'll be more than happy to swing over and give her a bath :naughty:

Carey

Shiny_Rock
I haven't checked in for a long while, but am SO glad I did - good for you! This is maybe the most beautiful diamond I've ever seen! I missed the specs, except for the mm, but whatever it is, it is just my cup of tea. Have happy days and nights with it!

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
madelise|1364107644|3412204 said:
ForteKitty|1364105075|3412184 said:
Sorry she's filthy, she hasn't had a bath in 2 weeks.

I'll be more than happy to swing over and give her a bath :naughty:

I'd be happy to help!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love: :love: Gorgeous rings!

You have such nice, long fingers too.

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
Oh wow, oh wow, OH WOW!!!!!!! I am in love. :love: :love: :love: :love: Simply gorgeous and her friends are lovely also.

inyminy

Rough_Rock
ForteKitty|1364090026|3412086 said:
Just "european diamond"!! I was spending several hours per day on ebay at that time, and looked through probably hundreds of thousands of listings. I wouldn't be surprised if I have looked through a million listings by now, since I've been rescuing diamonds from ebay since 2004. If you think about it, I probably paid more in time than most people paid in retail prices, haha. :nono: :rolleyes: :lol:

Did you ever have to return stones & was it hard to get your money back from ebayers?

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
What other rings?

I only see a big 'ole diamond...

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FK, I am on another short trip and it is kind of rainy outside, so I decided to look through this whole thread again! I just wanted to say how excited I was when I saw your name tag last weekend and immediately had to grab your hand! I felt like I was seeing my diamond's big sister, as the facet patterns and table size are so similar! It is a magnificent diamond and it is right at home on the hand of such a beautiful girl! It also helped me to see an example of a fine OEC to confirm for me that the cut of the AVR that I have is true to the originals. It also helped me see that these stones are magnificent in larger sizes and that my little 2.3 is certainly not too big! What in the world was I thinking??? Anyway, again, your diamond is right up there with my favorites ever, and I am just thrilled for you that your hunt paid off in such a huge way!!! {{{hugs!}}}

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Seriously this was one of my favorite rings of the night at the TGT. I really didn't want to walk around holding your hand but I debated it. That facet pattern is amazing! the whole ring is just amazing! :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, and I want that ruby ring, too, just for the record!

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I was asked by someone which of the rings at the GTG was my favorite, and still, this one is the winner. It's so ridiculously stunning. I'm so lucky to get to visit her every once in a while and drool.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Definitely one of my faves too! It was an honor to meet "her" in person (oh, and FK too!!)...

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
yennyfire|1370625069|3460966 said:
Definitely one of my faves too! It was an honor to meet "her" in person (oh, and FK too!!)...

Oh yes, I had her on my pinky for a brief not nearly long enough moment. Sigh.............

makhro82

Shiny_Rock
Oh my word! This may be one of the most amazing things I ever seen here. You should have an eBaying tutorial! Can I hire you? :appl:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Holy grail indeed!! The sparkle is amazing. And what a finger coverage!!!!

Love the stone, love the ring!!!

:love: :love: :love:

Ssteel

Rough_Rock
Absolute perfection. I'd love to know the history of that stone.

renogirl

Shiny_Rock
WOW, what a find...your Holy Grail is fabulous!!! (and she keeps good company too!!!) :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
I guess since I went through the entire feed for the first time I must also be obsessed with your ring. enjoy wear it in good health.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Yes--I realize I am about 2 years late to this party.

But, I had to say it--WOW. Forte, it is perfect!

Ssteel

Rough_Rock
FK - was showing your amazing rocks to OH and when he got back up off the floor ( ;-) ), he asked me to ask about the twist band. He'd love to get me one similar as I have dumpy fingers and he thinks a band like that would suit me.

There's me thinking he was being all romantic in time for Valentine's Day and then he adds the dumpy comment...

TIA

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
Stunning! I don't even know what to type. Beautiful collection. I am just amazed by your Holy Grail! :appl: :appl: :appl:

AstonMartin

Rough_Rock
I'm new to posting but not reading. I've loved reading the story of this diamond. Fantastic. I have zero guts when it comes to major purchases but I totally admire yours.

Does the stone have any fluoro?

Is that how the 'L' comes up so white?

Its beautiful.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, everyone!!

AstonMartin, the diamond doesn't have a hint of fluorescence. I'm actually not positive it's an L. It will be sent to GIA when I eventually reset it in a forever setting, but I'm not taking it out just for a grading right now. I compared it from the side to a loose 4ct GIA K MRB in a tray, under grading lights, and it looked about the same, maaybe a tiny bit more tinted, so I figured it'd be an L. Who knows, it could be a K. It definitely faced up whiter than the 4ct GIA K even thought they looked about the same from the side. For what I paid, I'm not concerned what color it is, especially when the local pawn shop offered me so much more on the spot when they saw it. :)

I'm always surprised at how white it faces up. It faces up about the same, if not whiter, than a 1+ct GIA H oval I used to own, and it looks much whiter than my 1.39ct GIA J marquise. There is definitely a color difference between her and my GIA D and G mrbs, but I like her faceting a lot more!

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
I love this thread! Thanks for sharing your amazing eBay find. It looks gorgeous on your finger! I can't wait to see what your forever setting will be for this showstopper once you decide. :)

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
So, I know you've been slighty busy, but do you have any new HFG pics to share? I kind of need a fix.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
athenaworth|1428009842|3856014 said:
So, I know you've been slighty busy, but do you have any new HFG pics to share? I kind of need a fix.

This beauty could brighten every day!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results