color
clarity

My ACA arrived...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

pinklemonadegurl

Shiny_Rock
@missy and @Jimmianne Five kids, 30 years of constant hand washing. I am not a mani/pedi gurl but hope to get my nails in shape for this ring!

nholagi

Rough_Rock
wow sooo beautiful!!. I just received my ACA J too but I'm not sure it's becuz my stone is in the setting already that your look more white than mine side way... I def could see a hint of yellow on my stone BUT not your!! is that weird??

blueMA

Brilliant_Rock
wow sooo beautiful!!. I just received my ACA J too but I'm not sure it's becuz my stone is in the setting already that your look more white than mine side way... I def could see a hint of yellow on my stone BUT not your!! is that weird??

It's because of the warmer background/lighting of the photo.
Eyes deceive when it comes to color contrast. Anyone who knows well of color theory knows this.
I'm sure your stone pretty much looks the same in the same exact lighting from the side.

pinklemonadegurl

Shiny_Rock
This stone is as white as I couldn't have imagined....and truly a stunner. I am struggling(a strong word) with wanting a 2.50 as I know we will not upgrade the stone. And.... I am now considering a solid band with a diamond basket as the stone really deserves its' own stage.....I keep changing my mind...decisions, decisions...

Another tidbit: When BF saw the stone, he said, "I want one, too,(laughingly). I wouldn't mind a guy engagement ring, right here,"(rubbing his ring finger). So, I am surprising him with a custom band with a small imbedded(I'm sure it's called something else) diamond in it. It will be such a surprise to him when he finally gives me the ring, I'll be giving HIM one too :D

Thanks for responding-this is such a wonderfully welcoming forum!

pinklemonadegurl

Shiny_Rock
Sidestones or not???? Thoughts???

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sidestones or not???? Thoughts???

Any stones you have will make the center look smaller. I vote no to side stones. The VC solitaire is beautiful, and I would do either a micro eternity (if you're REALLY careful with your hands and don't plan to wear all the time) or a plain metal band to pair with it. My stone looks so much larger when I wear a plain band.

Jazzybling

Rough_Rock
Beautiful diamond! I doubt you’ll be happier with a stone from anywhere else since this is Whiteflash! I have a Brian Gavin signature stone that’s an I and I was surprised by how white it looks. I’m super happy with mine! I too wasn’t overwhelmed by the sparkle when I received it but I had to look at it in every lighting situation. I think that since I’ve seen so many videos of ideal cut diamonds sparkling under spotlighting I had very high expectations. My expectations were met, but it did take some time to analyze my stone. My diamond also looks better and whiter than everyone else’s diamond when I’m out and about. Even if I go into a jewelry store, my stone sparkles more! You should take yours into some jewelry stores and compare in person. You’ll see what I mean!

Those who mentioned buying spotlighting, can someone post a link for a good light I can buy?

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This stone is as white as I couldn't have imagined....and truly a stunner. I am struggling(a strong word) with wanting a 2.50 as I know we will not upgrade the stone. And.... I am now considering a solid band with a diamond basket as the stone really deserves its' own stage.....I keep changing my mind...decisions, decisions...

Another tidbit: When BF saw the stone, he said, "I want one, too,(laughingly). I wouldn't mind a guy engagement ring, right here,"(rubbing his ring finger). So, I am surprising him with a custom band with a small imbedded(I'm sure it's called something else) diamond in it. It will be such a surprise to him when he finally gives me the ring, I'll be giving HIM one too :D

Thanks for responding-this is such a wonderfully welcoming forum!

Your diamond really does look dazzling! My only advice is to hold off on a setting until you are sure you will not upgrade to that 2.50 size. You'd hate to waste the money on a setting and then have to have another one made.

PM0510

Rough_Rock
This is interesting. my new stone is also very "moody", It looks so good in some light that I am almost embarrassed by the bling, and then in other lighting embarrassed that it looks grey black to me. It also really takes on the color around it, if I'm under a yellow light it takes on an icky golden color. I wear a lot of dark grey and black and I feel like it's always reflecting those colors, while is seems like everyone else's diamond stays more white and opaque looking? My seems very translucent, just a symptom of a great cut or an issue? I don't know. What lights "should" it look good in vs what light "should" it look not so hot in.

pinklemonadegurl

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all for piping in! I really am beginning to 'see' the personality of this stone. To an outsider the notion t'would be ridiculous. To a PSer, the norm. I am leaning more and more to a solid band with diamond touches on the basket. Brittany, Vera, Liza-all at WF are exceptionally helpful and patient. I teach, so when I have a minute between classes, I sneak a peak at my pics on my phone. I don't know how I'll be able to keep my mouth quiet for a few weeks....

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful diamond! I doubt you’ll be happier with a stone from anywhere else since this is Whiteflash! I have a Brian Gavin signature stone that’s an I and I was surprised by how white it looks. I’m super happy with mine! I too wasn’t overwhelmed by the sparkle when I received it but I had to look at it in every lighting situation. I think that since I’ve seen so many videos of ideal cut diamonds sparkling under spotlighting I had very high expectations. My expectations were met, but it did take some time to analyze my stone. My diamond also looks better and whiter than everyone else’s diamond when I’m out and about. Even if I go into a jewelry store, my stone sparkles more! You should take yours into some jewelry stores and compare in person. You’ll see what I mean!

Those who mentioned buying spotlighting, can someone post a link for a good light I can buy?
Jazzybling, I believe you can find LED desk lights easily, also on Amazon. This one is interesting because it is dimmable and you might get some interesting effects.
437F2F2B-6675-4C60-87E5-238A4AE63720.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results