shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT My Absolutely PEAR-fect Ring Is Home!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am absolutely thrilled with my new setting!! :love: As you all know, this has been a long journey for me, from having my diamond re-set into a new setting, to the diamond falling out 8 weeks later, to the jeweller who made the setting BUTCHERING my ring with his poor repairs, to him washing his hands of it altogether.... So I have had a love / hate relationship with my beautiful diamond, through no fault of its own :(sad

The local goldsmith & designer in my village came to my rescue. He sat, he listened, he made sense of the jumble of design ideas in my head & my scribbled sketches on his notepad. I needed a setting to sit high enough over my very precious eternity ring to not damage the claws. I wanted only 3 prongs, sturdy enough to hold my stone, but delicate enough to let my stone sing. I wanted it made to the dimensions of my wedding ring EXACTLY, so that they looked like a matched pair that were made to be together, only slightly thinner on width. I wanted the pear to sit further down my finger so that the rounded end wasn't completely over-hanging my eternity, to remove the mash-up of diamond sparkle & provide definition & identity to each ring. And boy did he deliver........ :appl:

Here she is, my beautiful 1.02 carat, D colour VS2, perfectly cut chubby pear, finally in her forever home:

dsc02785.jpg

dsc02786.jpg

dsc02813.jpg

dsc02817.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Gorgeous--I understand why you love it!

cheers--Sharon

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! :love: Exactly what I'd love to have in a pear, too.
Congrats on finding a jeweler who understands what you want and is able to provide it. He sounds like a 'gem' ;-)

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! Thank goodness for someone who listens!!!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely....

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Alex, she's a beauty! :love: I am so happy for you! It's been a long journey but worth it because you finally have the ring of your dreams. Enjoy her in health and happiness. :appl:

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful Alex! Love how classic, sleek and modern it is. Perfect with your bands :appl:

canadagirl

Rough_Rock
Absolutely beautiful - enjoy!!!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh yay Alex I love! Sits perfectly against your eternity!
:appl: !!!

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous - just stylish and elegant. It looks substantial though - a feeling that it's safe.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Alex, congratulations!! It's gorgeous. And the set is very beautiful too! Yay for your local jeweler. So happy that he had the sense to listen. More hand shots please!!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
It's beautiful! I love a chubby pear solitaire - and a D! Ooo la la!!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! It shows your pear off very nicely!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!! I love pears.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such a classic, lovely setting for your beautiful pear! :love: :appl:

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
So sleek! Love that simplicity.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats, glad you finally got something you love after the first disaster!!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations. It looks amazing.

me&myboys

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful!!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Head on shots of the full stack plllllllleeeeeeeaaaaaasssseeee!!!!! :twirl:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you everyone, thank you so, SO much! I am extremely touched at your kind words & extremely grateful for your honesty after Butcher-Gate happened in Feb, not only about the damage to the setting but also about the clash of styles on my finger, which motivated me to get it sorted out. The local jeweller is literally worth his weight in platinum & although he is disgustingly expensive, I fully understand & appreciate why. His time, dedication to my wishes & craftsmanship were worth every single penny.

The ring is super heavy, substantial & feels secure - it weights 10 grammes.

Here are some more pics as requested. And one of the things about this ring that I am mesmerised about, is the side view of the diamond. It just hovers in the setting, suspended like a dew drop, completely exposed & twinkling. LOVE IT :love:

dsc02803.jpg

_12246.jpg

dsc02800.jpg

_12247.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lovely!!! A modern classic. I love your chubby pear! The set is stunning too. A very charming combination :love:

I am happy for your that you found the perfect home for your stone.

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
Goodness Alex, pear appreciation hour! What a wonderful description of the side view of your diamond. The new pictures are fabulous.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you ladies! :wavey:

We have had utterly cr@p weather here all week but its forecast gloriously sunny tomorrow, so I shall endeavor to get some better pics. I might even get my husband to do them as I am rubbish with the camera. And how hard is it to photograph diamonds??!! My eternity looks like its covered with soap in EVERY picture, and yet the diamonds are matched F, VS2 & to my eye in real life, stunningly clear & sparkly! Must tap Kenny up for tips 8-)

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAY! Im so happy that it is back in your possession and you are happy with it!! Its just perfect with your eternity and WB - fantastic set! Clean, classic, elegant, timeless... what more could you want, right? ;))

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks fabulous Alex!! :appl: :love: Love the sleek, clean look of the setting, and your bands fit so perfectly with it!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its beautiful. I particularly love the profile at the point end. It is sleek, modern and elegant. Just lovely. Are you finding any problems with its height? I know you wanted it above your band, but I was curious if there were any unintended consequences.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks all!

Minous - no problems with the height so far. I absolutely love how it looks high up, because there's no mistaking the shape. In the old setting a couple of friends didn't even realise it wasn't a RB until they looked closely. One of the things the jewelker did was make a very defined claw for the point to elongate it slightly. Oh, I am right handed also. If I was left handed I guess I might have bashed it around a lot by now :D But just a couple of knocks, of course after which I have checked to see if the diamond was still there. Old memories die hard!

Owlet

Rough_Rock
Oh that profile is delicious! The way the curves gently swoop up to the middle — perfection!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results