shape
carat
color
clarity

My $90 rings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
To make a long story short: My current wedding set is a platinum cathedral solitare w/ a princess cut diamond and platinum channel princess cut wedding band. My e-ring is 1.06 and my wedding band is .50 carats. Ever since finding pricescope I decided my e-ring diamond wasn''t large enough and that my rings were too wide. I told DH many times I wanted to change them to something more along the lines of Mara''s rings
31.gif
which ticked off DH juuust a little bit (we''ve been married just 2 1/2 years).

Well, I''m preggo and last month my fingers swelled up and I had to have my rings cut off at my favorite local jewlers.
38.gif
I kept them until last week I decided to have the jewlers fix, polish and clean them for now until I had my diamond re-set... until I got my rings back today... having been without them for an entire month and then getting them back looking brand spanking new, I fell in love with my rings all over again
1.gif

I was showing them off under our recessed kitchen lights telling DH how much I ADORED my rings! I asked if I still wanted to switch stones and settings, to which I said no way! He looked VERY relieved and said that the $90.00 to repair my rings were the BEST $90.00 he''d spent in a while!
2.gif

I tired to take pictures while the rings are still polished, lol. I hope these attach!

And while I still love Mara''s rings (and so many others here!), a month without MY beautiful set made me realize that I love mine too! And for me, the center stone is not too small after all (for now, lol).

Carrie

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Hmmm...I wonder why the pictures didn''t post?
7.gif

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
I just put it into shutterfly :) I gave up, it wouldn't let me attach them. Anyway, the rings look yellowish for some reason and I plan to take more tomorrow in the sun!

Carrie

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
Your rings are just beautiful! I too am one to love SOOO many different types of rings...shared prong, antique, princess cut channel...and yours are one of my favorite looks!

oooh cutting off the rings, been there, done that, ugh!
14.gif

so glad they could be fixed for you!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty!

Here ya go:

F-ANWLdk2aOHDg4EKpANnZQ

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
those rings are gorgeous. You shouldn''t change a thing!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Another:

F-ANWLdk2aOHDg6kKpANnmI

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
Love that combination (but would like to see hand pics!!!!)
emsmile.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
F-ANWLdk2aOHDg5kKpANnm4

1.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
I love that combination too.
It''s lovely

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I think your rings are lovely and classic! I am glad to hear that you are falling in love with them all over again!
9.gif

Sunni79

Shiny_Rock
You have a really pretty set! It is hard now to compare sometimes. My husband bought me a new e-ring a few months ago(we were married in Feb.2002). It is a 1.5 ct cushion cut yellow diamond and it is gorgeous! Lately though, I have been feeling the dreaded "shrinkage" setting in.
38.gif
After getting used to the ring on my finger, I think it looks kind of small
6.gif
. I know that this really isn''t true and is from the bad influence of other pricescopers!
2.gif
. Seriously though, I wouldn''t worry about your wedding set. It looks great. There are so many beautiful diamonds here!

Bratz_615

Rough_Rock
Oh, they''re beautiful! Just gorgeous! Gotta love the princess power!

Very pretty, I love your set!

Good for you. I think you made a wise decision. As they say, absence
makes the heart grow fonder!
Beautiful set.

rms

Brilliant_Rock
I really love your "new" old shiny set. They are gorgeous and your diamond looks HUGE!!!
emsmile.gif

Shay

Shiny_Rock
WOW those rings look AwEsOmE together!
36.gif

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
Love your rings (we were posting at same time.....)....I was at a conference last week and one of the girls had an ering similar to yours.....I let her try my diamond band with it, and it looked great...just like yours.....I wouldn''t change a thing....your set is so versatile!!! Just enjoy them....you will have plenty of time to change them if you decide later to do that....
2.gif

35.gif

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Patty- thank you so much for posting the pictures!! I wish they didn''t look so yellow...?

Here are the diamond stats :)

Rectangular Modified Brillant (princess cut)
5.82 x 5.53 x 3.95 mm
1.06 carats
depth 71.4%
table 73%
Girdle slightly thick to thick
Cutlet none
very good/good
VS2
F
No Flor.
GIA report
bought from Blue Nile in November 2002 (seems so long ago!)

We had Martin Fuller appraise the ring in December 2002 and he said it was more a borderline E than a true F. The pictures don''t show how white the diamond is and how much fire it has! We had a great experience at Blue Nile, and my diamond band and plain platinum band both came from Blue Nile as well.

For the diamond wedding band (which we did not get appraised) from Blue Nile:

2.15mm in width at the shank base and 3.00mm at the apex
12 channel set princess cut diamonds
0.55 carats
SI1, G-H
Platinum band

Its overcast today so the next sunny day I plan to take some pictures and hopefully catch the sparkle in the diamonds!

Carrie

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Your rings are beautiful! I love the way they look together.
1.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
very nice!
36.gif
looking forward to more pics!
2.gif

Rockchick

Brilliant_Rock
your rings are beatiful!
30.gif
good to hear you love your rings again!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results