shape
carat
color
clarity

My 7 stone shared prong band from IDJ!

vsp08

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

I just received the first few pictures of my wedding band from Luann! What do you think? Anything I should be concerned about or ask about before it's shipped?

The diamonds are PS quality F/G SI (10 pointers).

Thanks for looking!

pic_14.jpg

pic_15.jpg

pic_16.jpg

vsp08

Rough_Rock
More pictures! Would appreciate any feedback!

pic_19.jpg

pic_20.jpg

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Lovely! I'm partial to the look because I have an anniversary band just like it!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think its beautiful!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it is beautiful too! Is that your ering with the band? If so, you might want to consider a spacer so the stones in the eternity ring don't eat away at the prongs on the solitaire.

vsp08

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your responses jaysonsmom, tyty333, and MissGotRocks!

The engagement ring in the pictures is very similar to my own. I emailed Luann pictures of my ring, and she found something similar to take pictures with. I plan on wearing a 1.5 mm rose gold spacer between the rings!

Harpertoo

Brilliant_Rock
So pretty! And I love the idea of a RG spacer!

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
It looks fantastic! Can't wait to see handshots!

vsp08

Rough_Rock
Thanks Harpertoo and jill_s! I'm picking up the ring next week. I can't wait! And I'll be sure to post some hand shots.

Once I get the ring, I'll write a full review of the process in case anyone else is looking to buy a similar band.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning!

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
It's lovely, please post more pics when you get it. Gotta love a 7 stone band :wavey:

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Nice! :love: :love:

lumpsy

Rough_Rock
It looks so perfect with your e-ring! Hope you'll post more photos.

Which ring did you get? I've been trying to get a similar band for awhile. Had decided on a vendor who then changed the quote to include smaller diamonds so now I'm on the hunt again.

vsp08

Rough_Rock
REVIEW:

I have always wanted a seven stone shared prong band. For budgetary reasons, I decided to go with either Whiteflash or ID Jewelry. WF has amazing customer service, and I was emailing daily with Liza about the different options. I would have gone with the seven stone band from WF (link: http://www.whiteflash.com/wedding-bands/seven-stone-shared-prong-diamond-wedding-band-566.htm), but in the end I decided against it because of its height (2.8-3 mm).

I then contacted IDJ, and Luann emailed me back a few days later (this was at the end of January). I told her that I was a PSer and that I wanted the stones to be: 1) PS quality 2) eye-clean 3) set as low as possible. She responded that the stones would be excellent to ideal cut, F/G color, and SI1/2 clarity. She recommended the low set common prong setting. The price was $200 more than the listed price on their website for the PS quality stones (and a few hundred less than WF). I inquired about upgrading to VS1/2 clarity stones and was told that it would cost another $250. I went with 14k white gold (it would have cost $600 more for platinum). She said production time would be 3 weeks.

After about a week of exchanging emails, I completed my purchase. It took roughly 10 days for the wire to be processed (not sure if this was on the bank's end or IDJ's), and Luann ordered the ring in mid-February. The ring was ready only 10 days later! Luann was kind enough to send me several pictures of the ring (see above pictures) before shipping it out. I also requested that Yekutiel do a final inspection before it shipped.

I picked up the ring yesterday from a fedex post in Bellingham (I'm from Vancouver), and I have to say, it is really beautiful. It is quite sparkly and so far I haven't been able to spot any inclusions. The diamonds are bright and the quality of the ring is excellent (straight prongs, even baskets, nice polish). The width of the ring is 2.8 mm and the height is 2.3 mm. The band tapers very slightly at the bottom and is comfortable. The seven 10 pointers span completely across the top of my finger (and I don't feel the end prongs in between my fingers).

The only thing I'd recommend is to go a full quarter size up if you like your rings a little looser. I went with a short 4.75 and because of the thickness of the ring, it feels slightly more snug than my engagement ring (which is a 4.5+).

When it's all said and done, I am happy with my purchase and would recommend IDJ to anyone on a budget!

vsp08

Rough_Rock
Pictures to come shortly (I just need to crop them a little). I am also still waiting on my rose gold spacer and will post a couple more when that arrives!

vsp08

Rough_Rock
:)

pic_23.jpg

pic_24.jpg

vsp08

Rough_Rock

pic_26.jpg

pic_27.jpg

vsp08

Rough_Rock

pic_30.jpg

pic_31.jpg

vsp08

Rough_Rock
Last one!

pic_32.jpg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, that is so pretty! Great choice!

vsp08

Rough_Rock
The pictures I took earlier were a bit blurry (the lighting was bad). So I took some more while I was out grocery shopping!

img_3934.jpg

vsp08

Rough_Rock

img_0422.jpg

Owies Nana

Shiny_Rock
It is lovely and looks perfect with your e-ring!!!! :appl: :appl:

Wear it and enjoy it!

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Im a 7 stone fan!!! I love your sparkly white diamond band!!!! Congrats and Enjoy!!! :love: :appl:

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
vsp08|1394246608|3629739 said:

I love this shot! It's a perfect look. It is on my short list for an anniversary band this year. :Up_to_something:

vsp08

Rough_Rock
Thanks Owies Nana, Zestfully Bling, and KristinTech! I can't stop staring at it!

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
vsp08|1394566294|3631877 said:
Thanks Owies Nana, Zestfully Bling, and KristinTech! I can't stop staring at it!

I hope you don't mind but I emailed Luann after seeing your gorgeous wb and got a quote for my own with 7 pointers. I am still pending price in plat as she quoted me in white gold but I forgot to ask if the shank is tapered at the bottom? I had tried on the memoire band and it was flat and wide and uncomfortable to me. Is this band rounded at the bottom? Can you post a shot palm up? Are you happy with the sparkle in the stones? Thanks in advance :) :wavey:
Eta: just re-read the post and notice it is tapered at the bottom.

Elysian

Brilliant_Rock
vsp08|1394246493|3629738 said:
The pictures I took earlier were a bit blurry (the lighting was bad). So I took some more while I was out grocery shopping!

LOVE this set!

vsp08

Rough_Rock
LoveLikeCrazy -

It tapers very very slightly, and the band is rounded at the bottom (I can post more pics later so you can see for yourself). I will say this, my engagement ring tapers at the bottom and is extremely thin, so when I wear the wedding band, there is a noticeable thickness to the band. I don't really like the feel of rings (especially when they're snug), so I sized up a little but I probably should have sized up a little more.

The diamonds are very sparkly. I have already received a lot of compliments! Upon closer inspection, I would say that 3 diamonds have excellent symmetry (I can easily see arrows) and 6 are very bright. The center diamond is a little darker than the rest, but overall they are well matched. I wasn't expecting the quality of WF or BGD.

Let me know if you have any other questions! I'd be happy to answer them all - buying online is hard! :wavey:

vsp08

Rough_Rock
Pictures of the bottom of the band.

img_4110.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results