shape
carat
color
clarity

My .7 grew up! Presenting my 1.25 Princess

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ang3199

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone!

PS has provided me with so much helpful, valuable information that I wanted to contribute a helpful comparison thread of my own. I''m more of a lurker rather than a contributor, but hopefully, someone will find my thread helpful!

DH and I recently upgraded my beautiful .7 F VVS2 princess to a beautiful 1.25 G SI1 princess (they look the same color and clarity to my eye though!). Originally I wanted a 1ct but our jeweler told me that I really wouldn''t see that much of a difference going from a .7 to a 1.0. And boy and I glad he told me that because I don''t think a 1.0 would have been the size increase that I wanted. At first I thought my 1.25 looked huuuge. Now I''m comfortably happy with the size! Hopefully DSS stays away for a while because that 2.5 carat is a ways away!

Now, my question is this. I have been toying with the idea of changing my setting to a simple 2.5mm yellow gold cathedral setting. My current setting is almost 4mm at the top and sometimes I feel like when looking at it head on, it drowns the stone. What do you think? I''m also having trouble find a 14K cathedral setting online....everywhere is 18K but that wouldn''t match my 14K wedding band. Any ideas on where to find a good, solid, 14K 1.5mm cathedral setting? My jeweler can sell me one for $350 but I wanted to check around first.

What do you guys think about the maul store restyling events? Would their simple gold settings be of the same quality as my jeweler carries? Or would they be hollow or lighter?

Without further ado.... Mrs. Princess Upgrade!

ringside1009898.jpg

ang3199

Brilliant_Rock
Other Side

otherringside987654.jpg

ang3199

Brilliant_Rock
Handshot!

handshot9754435.jpg

Frenchgirl

Brilliant_Rock
36.gif
Congrats!!!

ang3199

Brilliant_Rock
Please let me know what you think about my idea of changing the setting. Here is a head on picture for reference....

headonshot98755.jpg

ang3199

Brilliant_Rock
For reference, here is my .7

I''m not sure how to post them side by side.

7handshot0876.jpg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful upgrade!! I think a simple cathedral setting would showcase the stone beautifully, without distracting from it in the same way the current setting does (although it''s lovely in its own way)
1.gif

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
I have no creative setting advice, but that ring is beautiful. So are your hands. You have Young hand model hands.
30.gif

anitabee

Shiny_Rock
if you are truly dedicated to finding a matching 14 k setting then stick to your guns, OTHERWISE, i originally had an 18 k gold ering setting with a partner 18 k gold band. i ended up getting a new ering w/ a 14 k gold setting. i could''ve cared less that the gold content didn''t match up considering they look exactly the same!

i wouldn''t discount those 18 k gold setttings. no one would know the wiser and they''d probably look EXACTLY THE SAME!

either way, good luck! i love your new stone! i have a .85 princess and love it!

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Wow. How did you get it to grow?

No really, it is amazing. Congrats & wear in the very best of health.

About the setting, $350 isn't bad and I imagine he/she will set it for that too? If so then if you have confidence in your jeweller and like their setting then just go fot it. Otherwise you have to get the setting and try to find/pay somebody to set it.

That said I think LOGR does custom work on his settings - some in 14k. Do a search on PS if you don't know who I mean.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that is really pretty and I think it looks beautiful on your hand. I''m not sure I would change it but I do know how that bug hits! Congratulations, I''m sure it
will be lovely whatever you choose! I agree with Steel, that is a pretty good price from your jeweler, I would go for that.

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
What a spectacular upgrade! I can really see the difference!

ang3199

Brilliant_Rock
You are all so kind and sure do know how to make a girl feel great!

Frenchgirl: Thanks so much! I can''t wait to see your pear!

Amber: Thanks for your input! I really appreciate it because this is such a hard decision and I don''t want to jump the gun.

Miracle: Thanks for the compliment! I''m so so happy with this upgrade. After finding PS I''ve been more of a size girl. At first I was all about color and clarity over size, but then I learned soooo much!

Anitabee: So you''re saying that 14K and 18K look pretty much the same side by side? That''s fantastic!

Steel: I fed her some greenbacks :) And my jeweler is very competent and very trusted...so maybe it might be best to take that route if I decide to change the setting. It''s a hard decision! And I am in contact with LOGR about a rose gold RHR!

Luv2sparkle: Thanks so much for the compliment. I just love it!

Snicklefritz: Why thank you! I am glad I went to the 1.25 rather than the 1.0 because I''m afraid I wouldn''t have seen much of a difference.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
18k and 14 k do not look the same side-by-side - I do wear them together though, b/c it doesn''t bother me, but there is a difference. Love your upgrade!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fantastic Upgrade! I would consider your jeweler''s setting that he offered, as that is a pretty dang good price. Have you tried pairing it with a plain wedding band, it might make your e-ring pop more, as your wedding band with the channel set rounds look pretty substantial and you could wear that on your Right hand, just a thought. your setting now, is equally as beautiful though.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/16/2010 11:56:49 AM
Author: motownmama
18k and 14 k do not look the same side-by-side - I do wear them together though, b/c it doesn''t bother me, but there is a difference. Love your upgrade!
ditto here, but at times they do bother me, and it could just be a mind thing issue as I know its different and I look for it more, but to everyone else, no one knows one is 18k and the other is 14k especially if the metal is not too wide.

ang3199

Brilliant_Rock
Motownmomma: Thanks for the input about 14k and 18k. Maybe I''ll have to check it out. Is 18 more yellow or more subtle?

D&T: Thank you! I am in LOVE with your new setting. I saved the picture to my computer to drool!!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/16/2010 12:01:40 PM
Author: ang3199
Motownmomma: Thanks for the input about 14k and 18k. Maybe I'll have to check it out. Is 18 more yellow or more subtle?

D&T: Thank you! I am in LOVE with your new setting. I saved the picture to my computer to drool!!
Thank you agn- My first ering was a princess cut and I still lOVE princess cut especially your HUMUNGO size... looks Gorgeous on you,

the 18k is a bit more richer looking (I actully like the look of 14k gold color NEW on my skin tone better but thats just me although my ering now is 18k...lol
37.gif
). Over time a jeweler once told me that 14k will turn a bit more coppery looking due to the contents, whereaas 18k will keep its color a bit better, of course 24k would always look the same.. Ask your jeweler to see some 14k and 18k yellow wedding bands, so you can view the colors.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay for upgrades!! It looks huge compared to your other stone! I personally love the setting its in, but if you want a more simple setting go for it. I think the price you have been quoted by your jeweller sounds good. I look forward to seeing it after you have it reset!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! THat''s a beautiful set.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
very pretty! I love more simple settings and think a plain thinner cathedral setting would look very elegant!

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous upgrade you lucky duck! I think a simpler setting would really showcase your new stone although I think your current set is lovely. BTW, you have beautiful hands!

EHR2009

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! I think I would also love it in the 1.5 mm setting! That will look very delicate! You may have already said this, but will you keep your original wedding band?

Gleam

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! And you have lovely hands!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is beaitiful! If you want it to look huge then a simple solitaire with a thin shank (~2-2.5mm) would be perfect. Pair it with a similar thickness plain gold wb and it would look HUGE! Your hands are so lovely that thinner bands will look great.

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful upgrade! I think I would go with your jeweler...good price. I love the idea of it in a solitaire.

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
It is a very beautiful upgrade.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats - that''s a big upgrade!
9.gif

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful upgrade!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

I myself prefer more delicate settings as well, so I`m all for your project: reset.
3.gif
I`d go with 2.5mm (or less) shank solitaire and your rock will just POP! Also, I`d suggest to stay with the 14k gold if you`re planning to wear your current wedding ring with it.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Lovely new stone!!!!!!!!! Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results