shape
carat
color
clarity

My 6ct double row eternity wedding band

FeFeV

Shiny_Rock
I ACCIDENTLY POSTED THIS THREAD TO THE ROCKYTALKY BOARD AND IT REALLY BELONGS HERE!
Thanks for the countless PS threads I stalked and to AsscherHaloLover for your invaluable advice on appraisal and warranties. I love my custom designed beauty! She is 6 carats with 24 twenty-five point round brilliant cut diamonds that are VS I color G... The diamonds go 3/4 of the way around (I'm a heavy crafter). My ring is a gorgeous 18kt yellow gold U setting with a heavy comfort band on the palm side. I chose the double row style to give my size 8 finger generous coverage with tons of sparkle presence. I'm not a solitaire fan (unless it's a ridiculously sized cocktail style) so this band is the perfect wedding ring for me!

The turnaround time was 5 weeks for the custom 3/4 eternity design from Diamonds Direct.

img_20170215_0.jpg

img_20170203_1.jpg

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's a real stunner!

:love: :love: :love:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful & wearable too!!!! Congrats!!!!

Staceyjan

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I love it! I have an eternity band on my wish list and thought I wanted a single band but after seeing yours, I may change my mind.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love: That is absolutely gorgeous!

sjroberts

Shiny_Rock
Must. Wear. Sunglasses. :appl: wow!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! :love:

Gabbycat

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! It suits your hand really well. I'm a 7.5 and understand what you mean about the solitaire needing to be massive, so the double row was a really good choice.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's GORGEOUS!!! I wear an eternity band as my engagement ring also - I'm a size 7.5 and I wanted something blingy (mine is much smaller than yours though) that wasn't a solitaire.

I'd love to see more pictures please - can we see the bottom and the inside of the ring? Great idea to have comfort fit & only 3/4 diamonds around!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your new ring! That is a massive carat weight and it looks perfect on your hand! I would love to see some more shots of the side and bottom too. That is a great ring! Totally awesome! I also love your DH's wedding band. Would you happen to remember who makes it or where it was from? After 36 year my DH could use a new band and it looks like it would be cool on his finger which is something my DH has complained about with his original ring.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
BLINDED BY THE SPARKLEY FIRE!!! :love: :appl: :dance:

Love this ring! Its beautiful on your pretty hand, and I have to say I also like your husband's band too.

I wear a 7.25 in a thin shank and I go up in size when the shank grows, so I'd be wearing that band in a size 8 myself for comfort and I also don't like a ring that is snug enough to give your finger muffin top/bottom!!! :lol: So the size 8 would avoid that. It looks slim on you, btw.

I'm starting to give up hope of getting a soli stone in a size I consider proportional to my hand (I'd say I should have a round OEC of @ 3.5-4 ct), so I'm considering a super blingie band like yours.

So the stones are 25-pointers? Niiiiiiice :appl:

Thank you for describing the pertinents too, I actually take note and learn from posters to SMTB.

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous and so sparkly!

Alybetter

Brilliant_Rock
It's gorgeous. It stands so well on its own, I wouldn't see the need to add anything to it :love:

Strawberry129

Rough_Rock
Major bling going on! It's lovely.

To be honest, your finger doesn't look like a size 8! Your fingers seem perfectly proportionate and pretty. I have a size 5 ring finger, but my other fingers are stocky and manly. :rolleyes:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I adore this ring, I am really attracted to this style, I just love how much hand presence it has and the sparkle of all those diamonds is amazing! :love: :love: :love:

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am in love with this ring and this look!

FeFeV

Shiny_Rock
Staceyjan|1488692106|4136667 said:
I love it! I have an eternity band on my wish list and thought I wanted a single band but after seeing yours, I may change my mind.

Go for it!!!! Get a double row eternity band. You'll love it! :dance:

FeFeV

Shiny_Rock
Strawberry129|1488812645|4137092 said:
Major bling going on! It's lovely.

To be honest, your finger doesn't look like a size 8! Your fingers seem perfectly proportionate and pretty. I have a size 5 ring finger, but my other fingers are stocky and manly. :rolleyes:

Thank you so much. I became a tad insecure about my ring size while shopping because I couldn't fit any of the rings in the store, but I am tall (5'9) and long limbed so :boohoo:

FeFeV

Shiny_Rock
azstonie|1488735161|4136803 said:
BLINDED BY THE SPARKLEY FIRE!!! :love: :appl: :dance:

Love this ring! Its beautiful on your pretty hand, and I have to say I also like your husband's band too.

I wear a 7.25 in a thin shank and I go up in size when the shank grows, so I'd be wearing that band in a size 8 myself for comfort and I also don't like a ring that is snug enough to give your finger muffin top/bottom!!! :lol: So the size 8 would avoid that. It looks slim on you, btw.

I'm starting to give up hope of getting a soli stone in a size I consider proportional to my hand (I'd say I should have a round OEC of @ 3.5-4 ct), so I'm considering a super blingie band like yours.

So the stones are 25-pointers? Niiiiiiice :appl:

Thank you for describing the pertinents too, I actually take note and learn from posters to SMTB.

Thank you for your compliments! I am exceptionally happy that I went with 25 point diamonds. They are real juicy stunners in person.

FeFeV

Shiny_Rock
luv2sparkle|1488728243|4136748 said:
I love your new ring! That is a massive carat weight and it looks perfect on your hand! I would love to see some more shots of the side and bottom too. That is a great ring! Totally awesome! I also love your DH's wedding band. Would you happen to remember who makes it or where it was from? After 36 year my DH could use a new band and it looks like it would be cool on his finger which is something my DH has complained about with his original ring.

My DH's ring is from zoara.com it is 18kt gold and very heavy/solid and thick. My DH is very rough and rugged with his hands yet also quite fashionable for a man. I'll post those shots you asked for.

img_20170306_140100.jpg

img_20170306_134218.jpg

img_20170306_134131.jpg

FeFeV

Shiny_Rock
violet3|1488727841|4136745 said:
That's GORGEOUS!!! I wear an eternity band as my engagement ring also - I'm a size 7.5 and I wanted something blingy (mine is much smaller than yours though) that wasn't a solitaire.

I'd love to see more pictures please - can we see the bottom and the inside of the ring? Great idea to have comfort fit & only 3/4 diamonds around!

img_20170306_0.jpg

img_20170306_1.jpg

img_20170306_2.jpg

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
FeFeV|1488830479|4137196 said:

My DH's ring is from zoara.com it is 18kt gold and very heavy/solid and thick. My DH is very rough and rugged with his hands yet also quite fashionable for a man. I'll post those shots you asked for.

Thank you for those up close pictures!!! I didn't realize it was in yellow gold - what a pretty setting that is! Mine is a full eternity, and I have to be really careful with it. You had such a great idea, because you were probably able to get bigger diamonds for the top since they don't go all the way around, AND you don't have to worry about banging it on things while you're moving around. Win Win :appl: :appl:

Really, it's stunning - wear it in good health :love:

FeFeV

Shiny_Rock
THANK YOU TO EVERYONE THAT LUXURIATED ME WITH SUCH GRACIOUS COMPLIMENTS AND WORDS OF APPRECIATION. PS WAS SUCH A PART OF MY RING BUYING EXPERIENCE, IT FEELS GREAT TO HAVE THE PS COMMUNITY EXPRESS SUCH RESOUNDING ADMIRATION AND APPEAL FOR THE MOST MEANINGFUL ITEM I OWN. THANKS!

FeFeV

Shiny_Rock
violet3|1488830853|4137202 said:
FeFeV|1488830479|4137196 said:

Thank you for those up close pictures!!! I didn't realize it was in yellow gold - what a pretty setting that is! Mine is a full eternity, and I have to be really careful with it. You had such a great idea, because you were probably able to get bigger diamonds for the top since they don't go all the way around, AND you don't have to worry about banging it on things while you're moving around. Win Win :appl: :appl:

Really, it's stunning - wear it in good health :love:

My first ring that I had for two weeks was from zoara as well. It was a full eternity ring that was 4ct and had 20 point diamonds... It constantly snagged my super curly hair whenever I touched it. I ended up going the custom design route because I wanted a little more than halfway coverage around my finger and more sparkle presence... In the end I ended up getting a great fitting band that has 24 diamonds (4 more than the full eternity ring in my size) and actually cost less than we budgeted (mostly because I am an extreme haggler). I truly feel comfortable servicing my own bike, doing upholstery, and serious craft work without fear for the diamonds that were on the palm side of the old ring.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you FeFeV, for sharing the info on your DH's wedding ring! I was able to find it. You both have great rings!!! I have to say, your fingers look slim and perfect to me as well!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Major bling fest!! Congratulations! It's spectacular.

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
This looks stunning! and also looks cozy.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results