shape
carat
color
clarity

My .67 Very Light Green Old Emerald Cut Diamond

InnaR

Shiny_Rock
So I finally got around to take some better pictures of my new stone. I'm still within return period, but I think I'm going to keep it.
Most of the pictures are taken indoors in the early evening.

I added few other stones to the pictures, to show it next to other colors.
Stones next to the Very Light Green EC are:
.8 brown old mine oval
.57 GIA L OEC (in the back)
.3 yellow pear

G1.jpg

G3.jpg

G12.jpg

G4.jpg

G13.jpg

G16.jpg

Next to my 1.81 D RB:

G17.jpg

G18.jpg

G19.jpg

G20.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Its a curious and interesting diamond! Does it look green at all in person? I see a slight tint.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think that is a very interesting stone. I don't see a lot of green but yet it has a cast to it that is very appealing and makes it a bit different.

I really like it and am anxious to see it set in a ring. Pretty!!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can't see any green at all. I wonder if its more noticible in person than on a photo?

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can see the tint from my computer but it is def a light green, is it GIA certed? Do you have any plans on setting it? I think a white as possible halo would help show off the green as much as possible. I love the cut!

Boogins

Rough_Rock
I love that color. It is so unusual looking to my eye. Good job! Btw, could you post some more head on pics of that brown oval? It looks gorgeous as well!

InnaR

Shiny_Rock
Oh, I see what you all mean.
It has more body color in real life. I guess it also depends on your monitor. I see more color on the one I used to post pictures, that on the one i'm using now. It reminds of a color of the water they use in tv ads - not clear, but tinted with blue/green.
But nevertheless, yes the color is subtle, that is why GIA graded it very light green.
However, since I bought it for the cut and shape, the color came as a nice bonus (for not so big exra dollar amount).
If I was going to describe it, I would say that color saturation is similar to a J, but it's green, not yellow.
It's very fiery. I'm a complete newby in colored diamonds and my eyes are drown to a more subtle colors such as light bluish green or light pink (probably because of a lack of knowledge).
I want to set it into rose gold tension setting (something similar to what David has on his setting page) and wear it as a wedding ring.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
InnaR|1339507975|3214525 said:
Oh, I see what you all mean.
It has more body color in real life. I guess it also depends on your monitor. I see more color on the one I used to post pictures, that on the one i'm using now. It reminds of a color of the water they use in tv ads - not clear, but tinted with blue/green.
But nevertheless, yes the color is subtle, that is why GIA graded it very light green.
However, since I bought it for the cut and shape, the color came as a nice bonus (for not so big exra dollar amount).
If I was going to describe it, I would say that color saturation is similar to a J, but it's green, not yellow.
It's very fiery. I'm a complete newby in colored diamonds and my eyes are drown to a more subtle colors such as light bluish green or light pink (probably because of a lack of knowledge).
I want to set it into rose gold tension setting (something similar to what David has on his setting page) and wear it as a wedding ring.

That should be beautiful - it is a very unique stone but I love the cut and the color!

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Oh I am so glad this went to a PS'r! That way I can see it set :) I've had my eye on that stone for sometime. Congrats!!!

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
What a cool stone! ... and would love to see some more pics of the brown one, too.

LALove

Brilliant_Rock
Oooooh SUPER cool!! I like it a lot!!!

InnaR

Shiny_Rock
Came home after almost 12 hour day, and went to relax outside with my camera. Girls were on fire today. Picture taken at 7:00 p.m. on the deck. Hopefyllu some color will be noticible. I added better pictures of .8 antique oval too,

Sorry for the picture overload, I could not stop. :twirl:

Both3.jpg

EC10.jpg

EC8.jpg

O5.jpg

Both1.jpg

EC16.jpg

EC17.jpg

EC19.jpg

EC18.jpg

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
:love: x 1,000,000

The cut of your diamond, the culet, the size (the year I was born)... I'm in love with it!

Wow. Congrats!

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I like the green, but I'm really lovin' the brown! Nice pics!

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe you could set it in green gold to empahsise it? :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results