shape
carat
color
clarity

My 6 prong Scott Kay/Lazare diamond e-ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondnovice

Shiny_Rock
Here is the final product of a modified Scott Kay setting. (We had Scott Kay change the head from a four prong to a six.) The diamond is a .90 ct D VS2 ideal cut Lazare Kaplan that scored 9.8 on the Isee2.
appl.gif

ring on hand.JPG

diamondnovice

Shiny_Rock
Here is an oblique view showing the great job they did on the six prong head.

ring oblique.JPG

diamondnovice

Shiny_Rock
Here is a side view.

ring side.JPG

diamondnovice

Shiny_Rock
And finally a top view. The color is off here because it was the first picture I took with our new digital camera.
Remember, the diamond is a D color ..... doesn't it look a nice shade of pink????
loopy.gif

ring top.JPG

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
Nice combo
1.gif
How was the ring modify ?

diamondnovice

Shiny_Rock
Scott Kay made this ring with a six prong head instead of their usual four prong. The original version of the ring is attached. We were told that this was only the second time Scott Kay made a six prong setting (who knows whether or not it is true
1.gif
).

We bought the matching band with the ring and wanted them to sit flush with one another. It took Scott Kay two tries to get the head so that they would sit flush. The first try had a head like the earring attached. Because it is so round at the base, the wedding ring sat away from the setting. Also, the round head (in my opinion) does not have the Scott Kay look. I think that the head they hand made on the final ring above is more consistent with Scott Kay's designs.

scott kay original ring.gif

diamondnovice

Shiny_Rock
Imaging the head being the same as this without the earring post.

crown.jpg

DancinGirl

Shiny_Rock
WOOHOO -- I like that ring a LOT! Very nice choice I have to say! BRAVO!

Out of my own curiosity, how much does that setting itself cost? (in the market here)

Thanks!

diamondnovice

Shiny_Rock
I believe it was around $1875 at Robbins 8th & Walnut in Philly. They sell Scott Kay lower than most places so if you go to another B&M, I am not sure how much it would run you.

Just to give you some more specs (which I am taking directly off an appraisal by Martin Fuller), the ring has a shank width on the top of 3.14mm and on the bottom 2.12mm. The diamonds Scott Kay used are G VVS2 for the baguettes and G VS2 for the rounds. The ring weighs 7.22 g with the gemstones (including the center diamond).

The matching wedding band was $1850. The diamond quality used for this ring is the same as the setting. This ring is 3.78mm on the top and 2.54mm on the bottom. This ring weighs 5.90 g.

Hope this helps.
wavey.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results