shape
carat
color
clarity

My 5-stone ring!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm having a 5 stone carre cut ring made as a "f**k this divorce" ring (expect a lot of "F##K YOU" bling in the coming months haha).

I got the carre cut LGDs from an indian vendor I've never worked with previously, so it's a bit of a gamble. Videos of the stones and pics below, plus the CAD from David klass. I'll send him the stones as soon as they arrive (as long as I am happy w them). I'm a bit worried that they are dark in the middle, but I know that super contrasty stones tend to do that in pics /videos.

IMG-20221017-WA0001.jpg IMG-20221017-WA0000.jpg
IMG-20221017-WA0000.jpg

Attachments

• DK 85950-QUAD-2.jpg
    DK 85950-QUAD-2.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 77

evergreen

Brilliant_Rock
I'm no expert, but the more I look at diamonds, the more I think obstruction isn't scary. I see some white contrast in there, so there's life under the tables. And, in 5-stone land, they're all pointing in different directions and will not simultaneously look "obstructed" like a large solitaire might. Is my guess. :lol: Congratulations on making diamond rings out of lemons!

CBianco

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry to hear about your divorce. Please do keep us updated on any f**k you blings you decide to acquire;-)

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is an exciting project, lovedogs! I especially love the setting and the cut-outs in the gallery. How did you find the diamond vendor?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is an exciting project, lovedogs! I especially love the setting and the cut-outs in the gallery. How did you find the diamond vendor?

Just etsy browsing for LGD in carre cut.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looking forward to more therapeutic bling shopping to ease the pain of your divorce.

Just a note on the CAD in that the stones have cut off corners whereas carré cut stones do not. Perhaps it is a limitation of the software, just an observation, that's all.

The 6-stone carré cut band that my mum gave to me before I repurposed the stones into a bracelet had the stones channel-set in a straight line without the notches in between for reference.

DK :))

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looking forward to more therapeutic bling shopping to ease the pain of your divorce.

Just a note on the CAD in that the stones have cut off corners whereas carré cut stones do not. Perhaps it is a limitation of the software, just an observation, that's all.

The 6-stone carré cut band that my mum gave to me before I repurposed the stones into a bracelet had the stones channel-set in a straight line without the notches in between for reference.

DK :))

Dang, I was worried about that. I REALLY want there to be some kind of "divot" between the stones to emphasize the square shape (and to kind of differentiate between each stone so it isnt just one straight across line). I wonder if that isnt possible given the lack of cut corners?

luvmysparklies

Brilliant_Rock
It's challenging since all of them have pointed corners and you need a way to protect them from chipping. The only thing I can think of is teeny double claw prongs and you would be able to get the divot, but they would have to be delicate. Already, that may seem like too much metal. Otherwise maybe a shared prong with the divot in the middle of the metal of each of the shared prongs to show the separation you want? Uber master benchwork for sure, if either of these options appeal to, or are practical for you.

The stones look pretty and it will be a pretty blingy ring, what ever you choose!

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
Dang, I was worried about that. I REALLY want there to be some kind of "divot" between the stones to emphasize the square shape (and to kind of differentiate between each stone so it isnt just one straight across line). I wonder if that isnt possible given the lack of cut corners?

What a fun and therapeutic project!

Would you consider individually bezeling the stones?
Over 8 years ago, DK revamped my carre band for me (I used it as a trade a few months ago when I bought another band and no longer have it). Back than, I had it reset for exactly the same reason. The facets got lost when it was channel set. Your stones are much bigger so I think he can probably do something where the metal between each stone is much thinner than the top and bottom borders and then shape the corners at an angle with more metal there. On my much smaller scaled band, you can see a tiny divot/groove between each stone. I think this can be accentuated given the size of your stone. I am not sure if I am explaining this well lol

Here is my super old thread
94037C6B-282B-4EDA-90E9-D0B38B3A3D7E.jpeg
54FAA290-73A3-4704-B606-C7F04BAF2AD9.jpeg

Kind of like this?
529B367B-0A6D-4C42-9F54-9F07D656B455.jpeg

Last edited:

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Enjoy your ring! I have been divorced awhile and I have a few "F**K this divorce" pieces myself and I don't regret a single one. Enjoy the freedom and power to do what you enjoy!

Edited to add, I consider them my "fresh start" pieces. I sold EVERYTHING that was acquired during my marriage, even though most of it I picked and bought because of negative associations.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Enjoy your ring! I have been divorced awhile and I have a few "F**K this divorce" pieces myself and I don't regret a single one. Enjoy the freedom and power to do what you enjoy!

Edited to add, I consider them my "fresh start" pieces. I sold EVERYTHING that was acquired during my marriage, even though most of it I picked and bought because of negative associations.

I feel like I may end up selling a lot of pieces for the same reason. Definitely not all, but many of them despite having purchased and chosen them myself.

@Muluver great idea!!!

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
This does sound like a very therapeutic project. Can’t wait to see the finished piece!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
I love carre cuts and I don't think they are utilized nearly enough. The only thing that you may be able to do for more delineation may be to beef the border between them a tiny bit, that should give some visual separation. I would ask, because it may not be necessary at all. This band is going to be beautiful and it's independently yours. I can't wait to see it.

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
Good for you!! I I'm a Asscher fan but Carres... They are so unique and mesmerising. Can't wait to see the finished item!

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! Can’t wait to see the completed ring. It’s so interesting that you described them as “pools of water/mirrors”. When I was looking for a carre bracelet I told the vendor I wanted a “river of diamonds for my wrist”. Don’t think they know what I meant, but there is something about carre facets that has a fluidity and contrast - like water. You will have a river of diamonds on your finger :)

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! Can’t wait to see the completed ring. It’s so interesting that you described them as “pools of water/mirrors”. When I was looking for a carre bracelet I told the vendor I wanted a “river of diamonds for my wrist”. Don’t think they know what I meant, but there is something about carre facets that has a fluidity and contrast - like water. You will have a river of diamonds on your finger :)

omg I'm so glad you understand what I mean! haha they truly remind me of little pools of water, and I love it. I also love asschers, but they are a totally different "feel".

JV36912

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful piece you're working on! Looking forward to seeing this done and on your finger!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stones arrived safely with DK! Here's how he plans to keep the differentiated look even though the stones are square vs cut corner.

DK 85950-QUAD-4.png

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stones arrived safely with DK! Here's how he plans to keep the differentiated look even though the stones are square vs cut corner.

DK 85950-QUAD-4.png

Nice! What is the meaning of the design on the gallery?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DK 85950-QUAD-2.jpg
Nice! What is the meaning of the design on the gallery?

I think this CAD makes it hard to see bc there are lines through it, but it's supposed to be a lotus inspired design, like petals. I think the first CAD was easier to see bc there weren't measuring lines through the image

DK 85950-QUAD-2.jpg

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
Can't wait to see it!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Cool project - and good for you in taking care of yourself!
I can't wait - these are great cuts!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results