shape
carat
color
clarity

my 5 diamonds, part II

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

djgaloot

Rough_Rock
After what seemed like a VERY long day I was able to pick up my diamonds from Fed-Ex. (see my post "my 5 diamonds" for the beginning of this story) I was surprised to see how BIG the package was for such small items. Whiteflash spared no effort to ensure the contents were safely packaged including security tape and wrapping. I was in my car
1.gif
when I took a peek at what was inside. A very nice presentation of certificates and a box containing a H&A viewer, loupe and tweezers and 5 little wrapped packages each with the diamond specifications on the label. I pulled one out that indicated it was the .491ct and carefully took a peek inside. WOW! what a thrill. It looked larger than I expected and oh, so sparkly and WHITE. I was too afraid I would drop it or something so I carefully packed it up. Later last night I slipped out to the garage to get a better look at what I spent so much money on. I made a quick little holder so I could line up all 5 diamonds in a row close to each other. Dazzling even under poor lighting. For fun I plugged in a small halogen light- oh yeah!! Now we we''re talking sunglasses! I tried to take a few quick pictures with my FILM camera (sorry pics will have to be in part III) Also had fun viewing the H&As with the viewer. I tried to find the laser inscription on one of the .21ct but my eyes must be going bad. I will have to check them out later. I was running out of time and didn''t want LOML catching me
eek.gif

I will be getting them to an appraiser today and then to my jeweler who is making the wax pattern for the setting.

Thanks to all who have given me advice on this forum. I am thrilled. And thanks to Whiteflash for the great customer service.

Stay tuned for part III.....

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
The suspense is killing me!!!

Heyjud

Shiny_Rock
Big things come in small packages
We all know this is true.
But according to your story...
small things come in big packages too!

Those dazzling little diamonds
Are truly a sight to see
And the final result will surely
Be one we'll want to see!
appl.gif
appl.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
I knew you couldn't wait til you got out of the FedEx parking lot!
2.gif
Woooohoooo, Dave!!!
9.gif

Did you try candlelight out in that dark garage??? The bright lights make them positively glow!!! But, candlelight,.... ah, now that is a sight!! ACA's are really great in low light!!! They just catch every little speck of light and throw it right back out in a rainbow of color!!!
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif

Can't wait to see the set you have for these "little" jewels! Can't wait to hear the reaction of the LOYL as well!!
1.gif

djgaloot

Rough_Rock
PQ, unfortunately I had no candle and I ran out of time
cry.gif
. When I get the whole ring finished I will be sure to check them out by candle. Ah, now I need to decide on the "presentation". It will either be outside in the rays of the setting sun (well, maybe not here in Portland!) or over desssert by candlelight. hmmmm

Heyjud, thaks for the creative verse
wavey.gif

I am off to see the setting (wax model)...more suspense!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results