shape
carat
color
clarity

my 5 diamonds part II.5

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

djgaloot

Rough_Rock
Well..just to continue the story for those who may be following...

I went to the jeweler with my 5 beautiful "A cut above" diamonds to see the progress on my setting. He has been great to work with but I think he was a bit dissapointed that I sourced the diamonds myself and was quite coy about expressing too much praise. That''s okay, I can live with it. I KNOW they are GREAT!! We checked the laser inscription on each one. He could just read it under a 10x loupe but I couldn''t. (getting tired eyes I guess) We then looked at the inscription under a 20x microscope. It was amazingly clear and crisp - and SO tiny! We then put the diamonds into the wax model and oh-baby
love.gif
WOW! I''m in love. Can you have TOO MUCH sparkle on your finger?? They looked better than I ever hoped for. The wax model needed a little refinement and should be ready for buy-off next Tuesday. I hated to leave my diamonds behind but I am anxious to see the final result. Stay tuned for further updates
1.gif

If you are new to this story and are interested in the previous installments see "my five diamonds" threads

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
These should all be showstoppers when set together. Can't wait to see the final pix.

Being that the .10c ACA stones are very affordable, I am considering having a 5 stone ring made for fun for my right hand, sometime later this year when I can actually throw down the $$. I would love to see yours, though mine will probably all be the same small size, vs yours. But still get an idea.

1.gif

djgaloot

Rough_Rock
The smallest ACA stones that WF had listed were .21ct. Do they go down to .1ct? I didn't ask. 5 .1ct together would be very pretty.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
They have .02c stones for melee/pave purposes, and then the next jump is .10c stones. I am not sure what they have between .10 and .20 but from .20c on is where they start to get pricey as each stone over that size is AGS certified and laser inscribed, while the smaller stones are not.

2.gif

LesleyH

Brilliant_Rock
Dave:

The smallest AGS certified A CUT ABOVE's are .20. However, there are also .02, .10 and .15 little guys!!

LesleyH
www.whiteflash.com

LesleyH

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Mara:

I guess we posted at the same time :)

LesleyH
www.whiteflash.com

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results