shape
carat
color
clarity

My 5 diamonds!! - final chapter (long)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

djgaloot

Rough_Rock
Wow, what an adventure! It all came together Friday night when I surprised my wife of 20 years with the custom made, beautiful 5 ACA diamond anniversary ring. It would never have happened without this forum and all the fine input I received from both vendors and contributors. Here is the summary- pictures are posted separately. See my other posts entitled "my 5 diamonds..." for more details if you want.

It started out several months ago with me wanting to buy an anniversary "eternity" ring for my bride of 20 years. After searching the local stores and the internet I decided that that was not what I wanted afterall. I was looking for something with a bit more sparkle but did not want the diamonds to stick up too high. This led to more searching the internet and finding pricescope. I knew all about the 4-Cs etc. but did not realize the true importance of cut until reading all the great information here. I determined to place cut as my #1 priority followed by color, clarity, and caret. The size of the diamonds was determind by my budget. Design wise, I decided on a look of 5 graduated diamonds set close to the finger. The diamonds would be prong set close together like an eternity ring so they would have a great deal of sparkle. I could not find a setting that met my criteria so I worked with a local Jeweler and started designing one in platinum. Based upon the setting and my budget I chose the sizes of diamonds: 2-.21ct, 2-.3ct and 1-.49ct. Then the fun part of searching for the perfect stones! I finally settled on Whiteflash.com''s A Cut Above H&A diamonds. They were teriffic to work with (thanks Lesley!) and provided my with my dream diamonds for this ring.

The "Date": Friday we were to go out to a nice hotel and have dinner to celebrate our Anniversary. I had changed our plans to go out to a "Really" nice historic and very romantic hotel and made dinner reservations. A while ago I had bought her a beautiful, deep blue, vintage 1930''s silk bias gown. There are very few occasions to actually wear something like that but tonight was the night. I also bought her a beautuful antique looking CZ necklace and bridal CZ Tiara to go with the dress and evening. After strolling through the gardens and taking in all the beautiful views we went to our room to get ready for dinner. She was thrilled with the beautiful necklace and maybe a bit shy about the tiara. I told her she was my bride tonight and very special to me. We had a romantic dinner by candle light and then strolled throgh the gardens befor returning for dessert. During dessert I presented her with "one last gift". I had turned a little cup with a lid (woodworking is my hobby) and had placed the ring inside. When she took the little lid off she just stared. The candlelight danced off the facets and the ring looked like it was on fire inside. You don''t need to hear anymore but she was truly thrilled as was I. Thank you to all of you who gave your input and advice and made this special night happen.

djgaloot

Rough_Rock
These are the 5 diamonds by whiteflash.

.210 E VVS2
.210 E VS2
.301 F VS1
.298 F VS2
.491 E VS1

All are A Cut Above H&A and , man, do they sparkle!!!!!!

dimagesfor5 (2).jpg

djgaloot

Rough_Rock
This is a view of the setting from the side.
Face up the diamonds look like one continuous band of brillance.

5diamondring1.jpg

djgaloot

Rough_Rock
This is another view of the setting. I wanted the diamonds to be set low and close to the finger.

5diamondring2.jpg

guslik

Shiny_Rock
This ring is GORGEOUS!!
love.gif

Very Romantic Story , BTW!!!! Congrats! It is nice to see people that are so in love after 20 years of marriage. Gives me some hope.
9.gif
9.gif
appl.gif

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
VERY BEAUTIFUL! Gorgeous!
appl.gif
appl.gif
appl.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
Congrats!

diamluvr

Rough_Rock
Wow, that ring is gorgeous! I think it's wonderful that you put so much thought and energy for your wife's surprise! Congratulations!
appl.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Amazing and beautiful story. Congratulation on the 20 years!

Can you post a picture of the ring face up, I'd like to see this 'continuous band of brilliance'. Can you see the arrows within the stones with regular viewing?

1.gif

djgaloot

Rough_Rock
Mara,
You can see the arrows in each diamond individually if you orient the ring just right. I do not have a picture of the ring face up yet. The posted pictures were from my jeweler. I may try and borrow a digital camera from work and get some additional photos. If they come out I will be sure to post them.

trichrome

Shiny_Rock
Dave....

I want to hear what happened next....!!!! after you offered the ring.

Trichrome.
1.gif

LesleyH

Brilliant_Rock
Dave:

The ring turned out beautifully. Congratulations! I hope you took the time to tell you wife what incredible care and effort you put into the creation of this gift of love.

Congratulations!

LesleyH
www.whiteflash.com

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
WOW, Dave!!!
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif

What a story! The dress sounds absolutley gorgeous, the evening wonderful, and the ring is MAGNIFICENT!!!
appl.gif

Care to give lessons to other old timer married guys????
2.gif

bht122

Rough_Rock
Wow, what a gorgeous ring!!!!! Please post a hand pic when you get the chance
1.gif

Heyjud

Shiny_Rock
What a romantic guy you are
What a lucky gal is she
Every girl that reads your post
Is saying "wish it would happen to me" !!!

djgaloot

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the nice comments. I had a couple shots left in my film camera so I took some hand pictures last night. Told my wife I promised pictures to those who helped me out here on this forum. I don't think she understands this internet thing yet. Can't quite believe I bought diamonds online
eek.gif
!! I'll post pics in a couple days when I get them scanned. If I didn't spend all my money on this ring I could have bought a digital camera!!
9.gif
Oh well, maybe next year.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results