shape
carat
color
clarity

My 4.5 carat old mine cut

MDS81686

Rough_Rock
I think it's absolutely stunning, and for what it's worth the color looks very buttery and regal with your skin tone. Also, I predict you're going to have SO MUCH FUN finding a wedding band to go with!

Thank you so much! I’ve already began looking and it’s been a lot of fun :) suggestions are welcomed!

Weeivy73

Shiny_Rock
Trade
This is an absolutely stunning ring! Gorgeous colour and looks so beautiful on your hand. Move forward with no doubts or worries about what anyone else says!
Congratulations on your engagement!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my, there is my absolute, never going to happen in a million years, DREAM ring! The ivory colour matches her stunning old-world charm to perfection. You are one lucky lady! I don't think a super white stone would have the same romantic feel, but that is just my opinion of course. Congratulations to you and your future hubby!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s absolutely stunning. I think part of the charm of old cuts is the fact they are lower colours, and don’t look dazzling white. I think they look romantic and I love the fact that they’re pre-loved.

I like to think that whoever the ring was originally bought for must’ve been dearly loved and it’s fun to imagine the ‘life’ the diamond had before it came to you.

Wear it and enjoy in all it’s glorious beauty.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it is gorgeous, and since I collect colored stones, I have a soft spot for warmer diamonds. I would enjoy seeing them change the color in different lights. And that old cut is fantastic!

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think people just are not use to seeing warmer colored diamonds, you have a gorgeous stone. Wear it in good health!

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Nothig like one good old rock on a hoop!

E02BB09D-D4E1-4F68-8B03-8FC0CBC6C9E6.jpeg

Much as I admire symmetry - & the OTT examples are memsmerizing, when a 'jumble' of a cut like this makes sense, it looks like a miracle; I assume that it is harder to make miracles.

MDS81686

Rough_Rock
Oh my, there is my absolute, never going to happen in a million years, DREAM ring! The ivory colour matches her stunning old-world charm to perfection. You are one lucky lady! I don't think a super white stone would have the same romantic feel, but that is just my opinion of course. Congratulations to you and your future hubby!
Thank you ! I agree. After a week of wearing it I am now totally in love. Don’t say it will never happen !

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
That ring is a total knock out. I love the OMC. This looks like an heirloom ring. Enjoy it!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your engagement. Your ring is beautiful and ginormous. I'm a lover of antiques as well and have a K OEC which I love.

Do you have a return period and are you still within it? Did you always want an old mine cut? Do you prefer an old european cut? Did you see certain rings and wanted something closer to what you saw? An OMC can pick up more color than an OEC, and vice versa really. It completely depends on the stone. That's the way old cuts work. If you are not happy with the color, maybe you can talk to your fiance, and see if it's possible to choose another stone. Maybe it's something you two can pick out together. It's entirely possible to find another K stone that will face up whiter if that is what you want.

Otherwise, if you're just concerned about the size, you wager you'll get used to it pretty soon. DSS (diamond shrinking syndrome) is real.

MDS81686

Rough_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement. Your ring is beautiful and ginormous. I'm a lover of antiques as well and have a K OEC which I love.

Do you have a return period and are you still within it? Did you always want an old mine cut? Do you prefer an old european cut? Did you see certain rings and wanted something closer to what you saw? An OMC can pick up more color than an OEC, and vice versa really. It completely depends on the stone. That's the way old cuts work. If you are not happy with the color, maybe you can talk to your fiance, and see if it's possible to choose another stone. Maybe it's something you two can pick out together. It's entirely possible to find another K stone that will face up whiter if that is what you want.

Otherwise, if you're just concerned about the size, you wager you'll get used to it pretty soon. DSS (diamond shrinking syndrome) is real.

I posted that right after i got it but I have to say- i am growing to love it more as each day passes. I did want an older cut but never really looked into it and now that I know and accept the color and character these stones possess I have even more of an appreciation for them :)

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I posted that right after i got it but I have to say- i am growing to love it more as each day passes. I did want an older cut but never really looked into it and now that I know and accept the color and character these stones possess I have even more of an appreciation for them :)
Yes it definitely can take time to get to know her. These old stones each have their own personality. Enjoy the process.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

What an amazing find.:love: Your fiancé did well--folks (here) spend ages looking for these gems. The setting looks modern. Classic. Elegant. Congratulations--and fugettabout other peoples uninformed and jealous comments......In one ear...and out the other.

cheers--Sharon

MDS81686

Rough_Rock
HI:

What an amazing find.:love: Your fiancé did well--folks (here) spend ages looking for these gems. The setting looks modern. Classic. Elegant. Congratulations--and fugettabout other peoples uninformed and jealous comments......In one ear...and out the other.

cheers--Sharon
I will, thank you :wink2:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This ring & everything about it, is simply perfect. That stone is utterly beautiful & by keeping the setting unfussy & clean, really let's it sing & do its thing. It doesn't need fanfare.

Wow! It's a keeper & you should definitely post it in SMTB as you will get more traffic & dribbling admirers :love:

MDS81686

Rough_Rock
Thank you! :kiss2:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think its gorgeous! I love that its old. It's part of history to me. Can you imagine the ladies that have worn it? Congrats on your engagement!!!

MDS81686

Rough_Rock
I think its gorgeous! I love that its old. It's part of history to me. Can you imagine the ladies that have worn it? Congrats on your engagement!!!

I think of that all the time! I wish I knew who has worn it !

Reactions: AV_

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Your stone reminds of this ring WWW I assume the stone is older than the setting, but still, some historical reference.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I keep coming back to this thread to drool over this ring. It is seriously a DREAM. RING. And again, the full round YG solitaire setting is absolutely perfect for it. As others have said, the stone is so *romantic.* It wouldn't be nearly as romantic if it were very white. I recently bought a 100-year-old 5-stone diamond band with buttery diamonds and while it isn't super bright, it twinkles and sparkles and just makes me think of romance and candle light.

So, what are you thinking for the wedding band? A matching plain YG band would be exquisite! Or maybe a carved YG band with a patinated finish a la CVB Inspired Designs.

tigertales

Shiny_Rock
Remember, many of the older stones were hand cut by candle light. That's why warmer ones were/are so popular. If you REALLY want to appreciate the color and cut, wear it to a candlelit dinner.

Many Congratulations!

MDS81686

Rough_Rock
Remember, many of the older stones were hand cut by candle light. That's why warmer ones were/are so popular. If you REALLY want to appreciate the color and cut, wear it to a candlelit dinner.

Many Congratulations!

Thank you! Every time I am around a candle I hold it up to it :lol:

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement. I love your ring, the cut is gorgeous and I love how older stones have that one in a million look. No one else has this ir anything close. I really like the color, but I have a M so I'm a tad biased. I'm having a band made and had my jeweler specifically source stones that will compliment my M.

As for your co-worker, she is just jealous that 1) you have a massive rock on your hand and 2) you have a loving man who wants to marry you and he knows you and listens to you. Some people...

MDS81686

Rough_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement. I love your ring, the cut is gorgeous and I love how older stones have that one in a million look. No one else has this ir anything close. I really like the color, but I have a M so I'm a tad biased. I'm having a band made and had my jeweler specifically source stones that will compliment my M.

As for your co-worker, she is just jealous that 1) you have a massive rock on your hand and 2) you have a loving man who wants to marry you and he knows you and listens to you. Some people...

Thank you- you are so right! I have taken a liking to older/warmer colored stones now for sure! I love how no one knows what my ring is since old mines are just gaining popularity- its really nice to have something different :)

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is such a fantastic ring! What a whopper of a stone! I love the colour and cut! Everything about it is romantic.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Exquisite stone! Congratulations on your engagement!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results