shape
carat
color
clarity

My 4.35 carat men's diamond ring

pkanawha

Rough_Rock
I posted a blog about my 4.35 carat men's OMC diamond ring under the Antique & Vintage Jewelry forum. A new friend there suggested that I post it on this forum where it might get more views. So here are some photos of this ring, my pride & joy. I'll post just a couple of photos since it takes so long to upload them. I hope they'll whet your appetite to see more. If you'd like to see more photos, go to the Antique & Vintage Jewelry forum & look for the topic, "Faceting an Old Mine Cut to Reduce Fish Eye". I hope you enjoy these photos!

IMG_9573.jpgIMG_8880_0.jpgCloseup%20of%20chips%20on%20girdle,%20lower%20right.jpg

By the way, the last shot makes it look green. This is the result of the fact that I was outside in my back yard when I took the photo. I understand that OMC's tend to pick up whatever color is around them, in this case green. Also you can stpot a couple of chips on the girdle that I haven't bothered to have polished out. Anyway, it's that old hand shot we all like to see. Hope you go to the Antiques and Vintage Forum for more!

That is some stone- I'll take it off your hands for you :naughty: .

Gorgeous stone and a gorgeous setting-- I love the detail on it :love: :love: ! Thank you for sharing!

Very cool! How about a face-on shot?

Okay, Winks Elf, here's a face up (if this is what you mean):

Face%20up.jpg

I don't like this shot because it shows the "fish eye", the reflection of the girdle that comes up through the table. It makes it look like a low clarity diamond while in fact it's a VS1. Fortunately, it doesn't look that bad to the human eye - only at some odd angles in some odd light. More often it looks like the more flattering shots I've shown.

Very nice! I love both the stone and the setting. They fit together very well!

What a gorgeous ring! I also saw it in your other post! It's a beauty and you are so lucky to have it! :love:

Stunning!! I love that that gorgeous stone was put in a men's ring....no reason why a man cant rock big bling!! Thanks for sharing :-)

Wow, it's gorgeous!

It looks great.

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP