shape
carat
color
clarity

My 3.01 Cushion

GoldFish8

Shiny_Rock
Hello All, this is my first post (although I have been stalking this sight and all of your beautiful bling for quite a while now). Just thought it was time to post some pics of my own. Here is my new engagement cushion! I absolutely adore it, and am beyond impressed that my FI did it all on his own (VERY IMPRESSED!!! :appl: )

It is a 3.01 carats Modified Cushion Brilliant center stone. G color and VS1 clarity. ( 8.69 x 7.63 x 5.14 ) My ring size is between 5.75 - 6. The ring is sized a little loose at 6.

I will soon start looking for a wedding band to go with my ring, although I am finding it quite difficult to come up with ideas because of the rather unique 3-band style of my ring. So far I am thinking an eternity band with asscher diamonds ( between 3-4 cts ) but not sure if that will look right. I know I want the band to be a bit substantial. Any ideas would be much appreciated!

For now here are a few pics of my beautiful girl!

_1108.jpg

_1109.jpg

_1110.jpg

_1111.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Wow!!! Congrats!

I have an "asscher" eternity ring and rarely wear it with my ER--only when I want to feel like a Russian oliglarch. :cheeky: But that is just "me".

Your ER is curved--therefore you might have a difficult time having anything sit flush. Tiffany has a curved wb, but it has rb's in it and is no more than .50ctw. Your finger is long, but wearing a large ctw ring wedding ring will really take up any extra space available. I can still bend my finger with my two rings together, but it "feels" tight.

Good luck in your search. Let us "see" what you find.

cheers--Sharon

GoldFish8

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Sharon! I'm not going to lie some small part of me loves the "Russian oliglarch" look... sometimes... Haha! I have a few large baubles that my friend likes to call my "Superbowl Rings." You are right, my ring is curved, which is one of the difficulties in finding a band. Maybe I can wear some kind of spacer? :confused: *sigh* I will definitely post what I end up finding!

P.S. You just made my day! no one has every told me I have long fingers!!! In reality I have really small hands with chubby little fingers :(sad ... so THANK YOU for the compliment!!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Well, I do not know your hand, but appearances suggest a bit of finger real estate.....

Certainly, find a spacer, and a band you desire and give it a whirl. :love: More important, show us pics!!!! :appl:

I found when I put all three (+ 1 mm platinum band) together, there was very LITTLE room left for finger bending. In addition, there was a bit of cleavage created by the 3 rings that looked total YUK....again JMHO

cheers--Sharon

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ka-POW!! that's a gorgeous cushion engagement ring, goldfish!! Just spectacular! And I agree- you sure look like you've got long lovely fingers -- maybe it's your beautiful nails!

I love the dripping with diamonds look but wonder if asschers would be too much of a contrast with this ering? Why not cushions or radiants... or even RB's? I went with a 3 stone princess (my avatar) and combined with RB's for a 1/2 eternity band... and sometimes (sssshhh! don't tell a soul!) ... I think the contrast between harsh and soft (meaning, square and round) maybe doesn't flow as well IRL as I thought it would! Just a thought... ;))

but wow --- please post a lot more pics!!!

GoldFish8

Shiny_Rock
Here are a some other views of the ring. Sorry for the horrible quality pictures, its nighttime and the lighting is not very conducive to my photographic endeavors... although I'm pretty sure my photo-taking abilities wont be any better during the day either :angryfire:

Sharon - Hahaha! I definitely do NOT want any "cleavage" (LOL!!!) on my finger. ew!

Enerchi - Its really funny that you say that because my first thought was actually to do it with radiants or even princess cuts, but then I wonder if they will be too sparkly? ( I cant believe I just said that! ) ... No, on second thought, I will have to include radiants and princess cuts in my search for the perfect wedding band. There is no such thing as too sparkly! I haven't seen very many cushion cut eternity bands, but I will have to do some more research on those to see what they look like.

_1117.jpg

_1118.jpg

GoldFish8

Shiny_Rock
Also, here are a few photos of my "SuperBowl Rings" ...

The first one is a 3.6 ct H color Round Brilliant VVS1 (10.06 x 10.04 x 5.85mm)

The second one is of 1.65 Transitional Cut J color SI3 (this stone has sentimental values to me as the center stone was my mom's engagement ring to my dad)

ok here we go, enjoy!

_1119.jpg

cateye.jpg

cateye1.jpg

superbowl.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, you definitely do have some super bowl rings!

Your e-ring is beautiful! :love: I really feel that that style is a standalone ring and if I wanted an eternity wedding band, I'd wear the two rings on opposite hands. I can't see an eternity adding to your ring...I think it would take away from it.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
:o :o :o

um.... whoa! Those are killer rings you packin'!!! WOW!

I like DS's suggestion - your ering is definitely a stand alone style STUNNING ring, that to add a band along with it, with larger stones, may detract from the beauty of your setting. What about a smaller point size? Perhaps rounds in .05 - .08 each stone, curved to wear with your ering, and then on the days you want to be a "1 ring-bling gal", wear a larger stone cushion/princess eternity??

http://www.uniquesettings.com/products/show/11993 many vendors carry this manufacturer

http://www.diamondsbylauren.com/index.php/jewelry/vivid-orange-asscher-diamond-wedding-band-478ct-asscher-cut-wedding-band-18kt-r4404 An asscher eternity! Maybe not in yellow diamonds, but this is the idea you had initially thought of!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Nice loot! :love:

Your fiancee was right on--keeping in mind your existing "style"! :appl:

Adding more rings to your existing ER, might not add value since you already have halo's or layers in the original design. It looks complete.

That said, what do you want to "acheive"? More is not always "better".

cheer--Sharon

GoldFish8

Shiny_Rock
Enerchi- gosh those are some GLORIOUS eternity bands! That asscher is yummy! I agree, maybe I will get a smaller eternity to wear with the e-ring...especially since I am coming to realize how short my fingers really are ;(

Diamondseeker - thank you!! I agree, maybe I will get a smaller eternity to wear with my e-ring. I need to save the real estate on my right hand for the Super Bowl rings lol!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't think your fingers are short at all!! I think your rings are just HUGE AND SPARKLY!!! Whose gonna notice your fingers with all that sparkle going on?? :naughty: :lol: :naughty:

GoldFish8

Shiny_Rock
Sharon - Thank you! I think my fiancé is a very smart man who knows me and my blingy ways well :D
I agree with you, I may try to find something smaller to wear with this ring because I certainly don't want to detract from this ring. Maybe somewhere between 1.5-2 cts range. I just saw your beautiful asscher - Oh my lord I am reeling!!! Is it as gorgeous as in the photo? I have yet to see one in real life... Does it sparkle a lot? Or is it a bitmore subdued?

GoldFish8

Shiny_Rock
Haha Enerchi! That's what I tell myself everytime I put them on lol!!! I just love them though so short fingers be damned! :devil:

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is gorgeous and so are your hands. Thanks for all the pics...wow, bling for sure!

sstephensid

Shiny_Rock
OMG! Wow. I love your engagement ring! It is beautiful.

May I ask the total carat weight on the second "superbowl" ring? I have never seen so much bling in one ring! It is amazing.

GoldFish8

Shiny_Rock
Hi SStephensid, thank you for the kind words! The total carat weight of the 'SuperBowl' ring is 5.15 cts. It has 102 round brilliant stones (2.48 cts) and 38 baguette cut diamonds (1.02 cts). It is probably my favorite right hand ring of the two larger ones.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GoldFish8|1348883665|3276298 said:
Sharon - Thank you! I think my fiancé is a very smart man who knows me and my blingy ways well :D
I agree with you, I may try to find something smaller to wear with this ring because I certainly don't want to detract from this ring. Maybe somewhere between 1.5-2 cts range. I just saw your beautiful asscher - Oh my lord I am reeling!!! Is it as gorgeous as in the photo? I have yet to see one in real life... Does it sparkle a lot? Or is it a bitmore subdued?

HI:

Thanks. It is stunning IRL :bigsmile: . Sparkles like mad; more than I suspected an "asscher" would. If I ever got rid of my radiant (ER)--I would certainly keep the eternity ring.

Good luck on your search. BTW, I might look at a colored stone band or colroed diamond band--to "shake" it up a bit.

cheers--Sharon

BTW: in somone elses thread, DS posted a picture of my ER--so you have a context of my "oliglarch" comment--together they really look OTT... :bigsmile:

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/5-01radiant-center-stone-should-i-upgrade.179170/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/5-01radiant-center-stone-should-i-upgrade.179170/[/URL]

GoldFish8

Shiny_Rock
Here is my attempt at artsy-ing it up! Please bear with me, its from my iphone and I feel like the lighting is making everything a little yellow..hmmph :nono:

artsy1.jpg

artsy2.jpg

artsy4.jpg

artsy5.jpg

GoldFish8

Shiny_Rock
More...

artsy10.jpg

artsy6.jpg

artsy9.jpg

artsy7.jpg

newfacets

Rough_Rock
Goldfish, your rings are just gorgeous! Any chance we can see a shot of them altogether?

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
That is a lot of bling!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You have some gorgeous, super blingy rings! Wow!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, serious bling! Your engagement ring is lovely! I love the style. Your super-bowl rings are the biggest rings I have seen in a long time! That is a major amount of sparkle. I love that one was your mom's ring, it makes it all the more special. Thanks for sharing with us.

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock
Amazing bling! I agree, your ering is definitely a stand alone piece. It's perfect all by its self.

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Wow, you have some great bling! I would wear that ering all by itself.

two_little_birds

Brilliant_Rock
Wowza, you got yourself a whole lotta bling! :love:

Would love to see a shot of them all together too. :))

GoldFish8

Shiny_Rock
Thanks guys! you are all so sweet... I will try to take a family shot this weekend..it may be the last time they will all be together as I will be resetting some things in the near future! :naughty:

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
:o what a ring! It's incredibly beautiful. Sorry, I have no suggestions on what band to pair it with. I think it looks gorgeous on its own. :sun:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results