shape
carat
color
clarity

My 24-Carat Gold Ring from Dubai

Smith1940

Shiny_Rock
Yes, you read it right - this ring is pure 24-carat gold, not 22...that's why it's oval-shaped. I wore it on a hot day and had to put it in the fridge after it went a little malleable! It's still a little less than round, though. Its purity is also why it's a rough design - you can't work in such a soft metal!

So, when you buy gold in Dubai you pay the international daily gold rate, plus a few dollars for the workmanship. (The UAE dirham is pegged to the US dollar.) I bought it in October 2004, when I was still living in my home country (the UK) and it cost the equivalent of 90 pounds. The workmanship cost a mere 7 pounds. Now that gold prices have shot up, it's worth hundreds. I'm keeping it though! It weighs just under 12 grams.

It's too big for me, and I'm more of a white metal person. Why did I buy it? Um...it's a hunk of pure gold - from the Orient! Maybe I don't step out in it every day, but it's one of my treasured possessions.

GEDC0394.JPG

GEDC0397.JPG

GEDC0399.JPG

GEDC0398.JPG

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cool!
1- Dubai and 2- 24Kt gold!

Smith1940

Shiny_Rock
So, it's too big these days, and I don't want to lose weight in the ring, anyway, as it's pure gold - and I can't bear the idea of it falling off....What's a girl to do?

STACK THAT BABY! :naughty:

GEDC0390.JPG

GEDC0392.JPG

GEDC0400.JPG

GEDC0401.JPG

Smith1940

Shiny_Rock
One more for luck.

Usually all my jewellery is "quiet" - lots of diamond and white metal, small, delicate, nothing over three-quarters of a karat - don't want to frighten the horses - so it's good to break out with a vibrant look like this, I think!

GEDC0402.JPG

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Smith- you are a jewellry hoarder!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Slowly you've been bringing out one goodie after another! tempting us with your treasures, luring us in to oogle your trinkets! you are a master of intrigue :wink2:

(and you've got a really cool collection of treasures - keep it comin'!)

Smith1940

Shiny_Rock
Hi Enerchi - it just so happens that I discovered my husband's camera and its zoom function just at the start of a REALLY busy week, so I'm posting one or two as I can. Not much intrigue about me, I'm afraid! For ages I've been dying to take photos of the Smith Jewels! :lol: But I didn't have a camera. Thanks for the kind comments about my collection - I started buying jewellery in 1998, so it represents 14 years. I wouldn't want you to think I'd just gone on a massive shopping spree!

I've got about six or seven more things to post before the haul is laid bare...including a D color 0.52 triple 000 AGS cut diamond pendant from James Allen.... :naughty:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Smith1940|1329366053|3127194 said:
Hi Enerchi - it just so happens that I discovered my husband's camer and its zoom function just at the start of a REALLY busy week, so I'm posting one or two as I can. Not much intrigue about me, I'm afraid! For ages I've been dying to take photos of the Smith Jewels! :lol: But I didn't have a camera. I've got about six or seven more things to post before the haul is laid bare...including a D color 0.52 diamond pendant from James Allen.... :naughty:
ooooh!!! can't wait for the rest of the show, including that D pendant!!!

lol - "the Smith Jewels" :lol: (I'm picturing a guard standing on duty, 24/7 outside a vault, hidden in the caverns of your sprawling mansion!)

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty.

Smith1940

Shiny_Rock
Well, I'm English so if the Queen can have her Crown Jewels, I reckon I can have the Smith Jewels! Sorry to burst your bubble but I live in a flat and the jewels are hidden in unglamorous containers, to foil would-be burglars!

Oddly, I've always found nice jewellery that doesn't cost the earth. This pure gold ring was only about $160 equivalent (although worth about $1000 today because of pure gold prices) and the two stack rings in the picture are silver, a carat each, but only about $60 each from Ross Simons.

But Enerchi, that's quite an imagination you've got there...I mean, it doesn't take much to light that fire! Mansion and guards :lol: Have you thought of writing a bodice-ripper?

Smith1940

Shiny_Rock
Oh, and Enerchi? I don't mean to set you off or anything, but the Smith Jewels also contain a jewelled Russian egg pendant...actually from St. Petersburg...and dangling on a Tiffany chain.

Sleep well now, won't you! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Smith1940|1329366471|3127207 said:
Well, I'm English so if the Queen can have her Crown Jewels, I reckon I can have the Smith Jewels! Sorry to burst your bubble but I live in a flat and the jewels are hidden in unglamorous containers, to foil would-be burglars!

But Enerchi, that's quite an imagination you've got there...I mean, it doesn't take much to light that fire! Mansion and guards :lol: Have you thought of writing a bodice-ripper?

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to write a Harlequin romance book - lots of smut and hot steamy "moments" :Up_to_something: !!! Maybe one day....

I could set the story in a jewellry store or a diamond district ---- oooh, mystery and sex all rolled into one, plus I think I'd really enjoy the diamond research. (Figure I've done enough research on the other topic! :-o :wink2: :lol: )

Smith1940

Shiny_Rock
What, you mean the mystery? :lol:

Oh, I get it - you're an international woman of mystery!

You should TOTALLY write a novel! You can self-publish on Amazon - you set the price, you send them a Word document, and they do the rest, including publishing it on an e-reader!

Good night, Enerchi! So tired now... :wavey:

Smith1940

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Marci! :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results