shape
carat
color
clarity

my 1st (SUCCESSFUL) loose gemstone purchase

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was going to title this post "my 1st loose gemstone purchase" but recalled that I''d bought a sapphire before for a pendant and sent it back. So I can now consider myself successful at buying loose gemstones! I bought 2 4mm ceylon sapphires from Simply Sapphires to use in some baby bezel earrings I''m having made. These will by my Christmas gift from hubby so let''s hope my jeweler gets on it! He is ordering the pieces he needs to make them and I hope to take the stones back to him in a week or so for him to set them. Then they get wrapped and put under the tree for safe keeping.
emsmile.gif

I had a hard time capturing the fire in these little babies. They are so sparkly in real life. As John at Simply Sapphires said, "They may be small but they pack a big punch!" I cannot WAIT to buy another stone from him if these are any indication of what he carries.

I''ll be sure to start a new thread over in SMTR when I get the final earrings back from my jeweler. This first photo is the photo on the Web site.

newsapphires.jpg

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here they are in their little home. I didn''t have great lighting - took these in my car this morning!

inlittlebox.JPG

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And here they are in my hand.

inmyhand.JPG

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Ooooooh! Those are GREAT! They are going to make fabulous earrings!
36.gif

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks gecko! I''m really pleased with them!

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
AWESOME.....LOVE THE COLOR!!!!

Lori

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thanks Lori! They''re prettier in person, but we all know how impossible it is to get good photos of gemstones, even with a macro setting...

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, love those sapphires! Those are perfect for a bezel setting!

pjean

Brilliant_Rock
Ooh! Those are neat. Well done.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are a great colour!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
They are going to look awesome in a bezel setting, can''t wait till they are done and on your ears.

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thanks lauren, pjean, addy and kaleigh! I can''t wait to see them done either! The jeweler is doing a version of the Tiffany Elsa Pereti bezel. They should look similar to the WF handmade bezel as well. I hope he can pull it off - he said it shouldn''t be hard to make. If he does a good job, I have some diamond studs I may have him set like that too (I have 2 pairs - my nice pair is set in martini settings but my not-so-nice pair is in a standard 4-prong basket and they''re small enough that I think they''d look nice in bezels). So keep your fingers crossed for me! I may try to get a couple of better photos of them unset this weekend if I can get some nice lighting.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Those are pretty, I can''t wait to see the finished product

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thanks firecracker!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous colored sapphires. They will be really pretty earrings.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh soo pretty! Will they be set in martini style bezels??
30.gif
They will be lovely!!

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thanks marcyc and cushioncut! They will be set in an Elsa Pereti style bezel setting. My jeweler is having to order the little "donut" bezel and martini bottoms and will put them together into an earring since we couldn''t find a stock setting like that. Hopefully they''ll end up looking similar to these... (hope it''s ok to post these - I think they are firegoddess''s studs) Mine will be a little smaller (the sapphires are only .33 ct each).

fgbezels.jpg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooooo very pretty! I can''t wait to see the ear shots.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/5/2008 9:54:33 AM
Author: katiedid
thanks marcyc and cushioncut! They will be set in an Elsa Pereti style bezel setting. My jeweler is having to order the little ''donut'' bezel and martini bottoms and will put them together into an earring since we couldn''t find a stock setting like that. Hopefully they''ll end up looking similar to these... (hope it''s ok to post these - I think they are firegoddess''s studs) Mine will be a little smaller (the sapphires are only .33 ct each).

great choice!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results