shape
carat
color
clarity

My 1st Pearl Ring - moi et toi question

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I have been studying and researching the pearl threads with everyone's comments, vendor recommendations and lovely pearl collections of sets, necklaces, earrings, bracelets from 7mm - 14mm...WOW!!! You have such lovely pieces. Thought I could join the pearl party! Lol
So been stalking all the gorgeous lustrous Akoyas, Tahitian, South Sea (silver/golden, freshwater (Freshadama @Pearl paradise), etc. deciding which direction to go in, where to start for a moi et toi pearl and marq ring.

I did reach out to @molinePDG after reading one of @yssie post about him and decided to reach out

Ariana Grande's ring is what I caught eye so I asked Andrew what size her pearl was he said in 6mm range.

So I asked him if he had and silver blue in 5-6mm range ( since my Marquis is nowhere near size of her 5-6ct oval) He didn't have silver blue that size so recommended gem quality pink Akoyas. OMG he displayed 10 beauties I could select from that he stated 'would work quite well' for my ring in 5.5-6mm range.
Marq 11.74x6.07x 3.71

Screenshot_20220816-045638__01.jpg Screenshot_20220816-214003.jpg Screenshot_20220814-045112.jpg

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now that my Pink Akoya is OTW I am starting to 2nd guess the design.
Wondering if the marq would look as exquisite as an oval would with the Akoya

Other designs Im considering...

What are you thoughts/ suggestions?

Screenshot_20220816-052529__01.jpg Screenshot_20220816-053015__01.jpg Screenshot_20220819-053120.jpg

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was actually wondering if the pearl would look too large next to my 1 1/2 ct marq but now that I have it in hand I'm confident the pearl is perfect size.

Now I just have to decide which four moi et toi settings would highlight it best.

Do any of your wear your pearl rings daily? Or more for occasional wear? How durable are Akoyas? If you have a ring can you wash your hands with it on all day or no?

I am now proud owner of my 1st Akoya :)

IMG_20220819_130020.jpg IMG_20220819_125932.jpg IMG_20220819_125725.jpg IMG_20220819_125937.jpg

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not an expert, but wanted to say, I love your marquise and I love pearls. :kiss2:

I personally wouldn’t wash my hands with a pearl ring on, which would lead me to worry about taking off my ring all the time to wash my hands, especially if I was out somewhere.

Hopefully one of the Pearly PSers will chime in soon with some good advice.

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
This is gonna be gorgeous! I am so excited for you! Andrew's pearls are perfection :)

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Lovely ideas!
I know this may not be great advice, but I remember my grandmother always wore a pearl ring, doing dishes and anything never taking it off. She loved it, it looked lovely on her hand and when the pearl had gotten too worn she simply changed it for a new one. I think she did that twice that I know of, over the span of very very many years.
I would rock that pearl and not worry if I were you, and simply change it when/if it gets too worn. But that is just me. :)
Obviously not wearing it when you wouldn't wear diamonds either. Just my 2c.... Life is too short not to wear the lovelies.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ZestfullyBling welcome to Pearls ::)

I think your new akoya would be lovely in your original inspiration with the marquise ::)

Do you have a vendor in mind? If not may I suggest sending WF a note?

One suggestion from me, have the pearl half-drilled with at least 0.8mm hole (or larger). I’ve learnt from two different vendors that it’s tough to create metal pegs for holes smaller than 0.8mm, and that pegs thinner than that aren’t super sturdy.

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Austina thank you! I’m so worry About damaging it because I a daily wearer. i thought I read somewhere that pearls should be removed when showering and stuff. :confused2:

@Pearlescence thats a great tip thank you!!

@Sprinkles&Stones Thank you so much, I’m over the moon!!

@acaw2015 thank you for sharing! Great point, when it time to replace that’s what I will do…now I won’t feel guilty AT ALL!

@yssie thank you so much for chiming in I was hoping for your advise, you are so knowledgeable!! i appreciate the compliment too! I was thinking DK but I did just reach out to WF per your suggestion. =)2

IM SOOO super excited I showed DH tnis ring idea he said and I quote ‘ I take it this is my wedding anniversary gift to you this year’. i laughed and said yes. it will be our 31st. He also said he prefers the original inspiration ring too! So that’s what it will be. He‘s the greatest:love:

thank you everyone for your comments and advise! This is going to be an awesome project!:appl:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would rock that pearl and not worry if I were you, and simply change it when/if it gets too worn. But that is just me. :)
Obviously not wearing it when you wouldn't wear diamonds either. Just my 2c.... Life is too short not to wear the lovelies.

This is my thinking too. It's one pearl in a not-abnormal size, easy enough to replace one day if needed ::)

I would suggest doing your best to remember to put it on last, after you get ready in the morning, and take it off as soon as you get home... And avoid showering/bathing/swimming in it, don't take it to the beach, don't sleep with it. You can wash it in cold water with a touch of soap - you'll need to clean that diamond, just try to avoid scrubbing the pearl as well, and dry it off afterward as best you can. But don't worry about washing your hands, changing your clothes at work, getting some lotion on it, the occasional tap it'll inevitably take - don't let worry for it get in the way of enjoying it!

Pearlescence

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Pearls do not mind getting wet. Wet is their natural environment after all. The silk thread used for necklaces does mind, which is where the prohibition came from.
You will need to find a jeweller who knows the peculiar necessities of setting a pearl securely on a ring. It isn't just a matter of gluing it onto a peg.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results