shape
carat
color
clarity

My 18K yellow gold DVatche Royal Crown!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
About 3 weeks ago I reset my 1.33 AGS000 RB into an 18K yellow gold DVatche Royal Crown and I love it! The prongs are so tiny and fluid and the yellow gold is so rich looking! I''ve read about the impeccable quality of DVatche and now that I own one, I totally agree! Right now I have it paired up with a custom made 2.5mm comfort fit from E-weddingbands.com. I also have ordered a 3mm comfort fit but that hasn''t arrived yet. The 2.5mm is just too thin to wear by itself! I''m very happy that my diamond is in it''s permanent (for real this time, lol!) home
1.gif

I do plan on getting a new 18K gold diamond band but am taking my time on that purchase.

I did clean my diamond before taking these pictures, but it''s overcast this morning so these are not my best! Once the sun comes out and probably when the 3mm band arrives, I''ll take better shots.

But, first up- the amazing profile of the Royal Crown!

DDDVatche1.jpg

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Yummy yellow gold! I would say that the RC is 2.7-2.8mm wide at it''s widest.

DDDvatche2.jpg

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
The yellow gold makes my diamond POP! Here is wee bit of sparkle on this dreary morning.

DDDvatche4.jpg

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Custom made 2.5mm 18K yellow gold comfort fit wedding band from e-weddingbands.com. 3mm on it''s way this week!

DDDvatche3.jpg

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Oh it''s lovely! I wish yellow gold didn''t look so weird on me, LOL!

Beautiful, beautiful setting!

audball

Ideal_Rock
I love it! Perfect!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Lovely reset! I love the yellow gold!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very pretty! I love Vatche settings, they are so fluid and well crafted.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful mounting and I too love the yellow gold!

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful! Classic and elegant!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
beautiful february!! you sound really happy and excited - i''m glad for you! and i can''t wait to see it with the 3mm too!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
I love the RC. I almost went with it for my e-ring. It''s beautiful. Congrats!

hibiscus

Shiny_Rock
I would actually like to have my e-ring and wedding band in gold instead of plat but I''m tan.. so the latter looks better on me. Your ring is beautiful! The ring in gold looks really good on you. Enjoy it :)

MMT

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty
36.gif
36.gif

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!!
36.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Insanely gorgeous!!!

Venice

Brilliant_Rock
I think that your new DVatche Royal Crown looks beautiful and so rich looking in the yellow gold! It really does make your diamond "pop!"

Congrats!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love yellow gold and I love two tone. It''s very pretty!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty! The yellow gold is beautiful and I love the profile!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ooooh, I love it Feb!! And the band looks great with it. Congrats!
36.gif

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much!!! I was nervous about the yellow gold (I bought it without trying it on) and white gold wasn''t an option because it causes eczema on my hands. And platinum is just to expensive for me to justify the cost. But I am loving the yellow gold!! It looks much better against my skin tone than I thought and it seems so romantic to me, lol. I should be getting the 3mm band today and there is SUN out, so I should be posting more pictures soon!

customandrew

Rough_Rock
im looking at the vatche swan in yellow gold and it is somewhat similar to the royal crown...
thanks so much for posting those pictures...

BEAUTIFUL.

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Definately lovin the profile view!!! Looks super elegant!

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/22/2008 12:58:10 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady

Date: 10/20/2008 8:56:07 AM
Author: february2003bride
Custom made 2.5mm 18K yellow gold comfort fit wedding band from e-weddingbands.com. 3mm on it''s way this week!
What did this band run you, if I might be so bold to ask? I can find 2mm''s, but its difficult to find the heavy 2.5''s... Can I see a full view of your band? My heavy comfort fit band is almost completely round, very little ''flat'' inside the band.
It was $173.00 for a 2.5mm comfort fit (1.5mm thickness) so I''m guessing a 2.5mm heavy comfort fit would be low $200ish? E-weddingbands.com is amazing and will get back to you ver yquickly with a quote! I love your 3mm though; are you not happy with it?

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful, stunning, and classic!! My favorite part is that stunning profile!

Cookie_tyme

Shiny_Rock
Your ring is lovely!
30.gif
I have almost the same ring, also in 18K yellow, but slimmer proportions, as my rb is .88. I think a 1.25+ ct stone is required for the D Vatche RC. I rememeber wanting one for a reset, and trying is on with a one carat, and I just didn''t like it. I''m wondering about the shank width of yours, though - isn''t it 4mm at its widest? Mine is 2.5 at the widest, and 1.3 at the thinnest part of the taper near the crown.

I got my RC -type setting from Liz C in Singapore. I scoured the net for a thinner RC and then found Liz''. It''s called the Li-ana. It''s awfully close to a RC!

I also have to say, that I too have a 2.5mm custom-made wedding band!
6.gif
I had my original wedding band, 4mm milgrain, melted down into a 2.5mm rather heavy comfort fit band, to go with another ring. (I think it''s 1.5mm off the finger too.) But it goes great with my new Li-ana. I just can''t stop looking at them together - and it''s been 2 months, lol!

Congratulations - I''m so happy for you!
36.gif

ladymentha

Shiny_Rock
DVatche Royal Crown is my favorite 6 prong setting!!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/22/2008 10:15:00 PM
Author: Cookie_tyme
Your ring is lovely!
30.gif
I have almost the same ring, also in 18K yellow, but slimmer proportions, as my rb is .88. I think a 1.25+ ct stone is required for the D Vatche RC. I rememeber wanting one for a reset, and trying is on with a one carat, and I just didn''t like it. I''m wondering about the shank width of yours, though - isn''t it 4mm at its widest? Mine is 2.5 at the widest, and 1.3 at the thinnest part of the taper near the crown.

I got my RC -type setting from Liz C in Singapore. I scoured the net for a thinner RC and then found Liz''. It''s called the Li-ana. It''s awfully close to a RC!

I also have to say, that I too have a 2.5mm custom-made wedding band!
6.gif
I had my original wedding band, 4mm milgrain, melted down into a 2.5mm rather heavy comfort fit band, to go with another ring. (I think it''s 1.5mm off the finger too.) But it goes great with my new Li-ana. I just can''t stop looking at them together - and it''s been 2 months, lol!

Congratulations - I''m so happy for you!
36.gif
Cookie- Your set is beautiful! My RC is about 1.3mm at the thinnest and then flares at it''s widest point to about 2.8mm and then tapers down to about 2.5mm at the bottom. My 2.5mm band is just a tad too thin and my 3mm is just a tad too wide. I''m still getting used to the yellow gold (always a platinum/white gold ring wearer before) so it''s almost a surprise to look down and see gold on my finger, lol. But I really love it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results