carat
color
clarity

My 10th Anniversary Upgrade

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Everyone!

I had been looking to reset my .65 carat princess solitaire into a halo setting for our anniversary but I came to realize I just wanted a bigger stone, my husband gave the green light so I started my search. We are bargain hunters so I started looking online and I ended up on I Do Now I Dont's website. I knew after reading through the Pricescope forums that their return policy wasn't the best and it could be a real gamble, I found my ideal ring there and decided to take the chance. The seller was asking $4700 and I talked her down to $4500.

So what did I get and what was my experience? Well I ended up with just over a carat princess cut G color VVS2 set in platinum with melee round brilliant diamonds bead set on either side. It also included a matching wedding band. The diamonds bead set and in the band are F-G and VS1.

The listing also included a GIA report number: http://www.gia.edu/cs/Satellite?reportno=6107852235&childpagename=GIA%2FPage%2FReportCheck&pagename=GIA%2FDispatcher&c=Page&cid=1355954554547

When I got the rings I took them to an independent appraiser who verified that the ring was exactly as described! The ring and band appraised at $11,400, so she said we did a great job. She also commented that the workmanship was excellent. Huge gamble but I got lucky and I am so thrilled with my rings! I will probably reset my original diamond as a pendant down the road.

_36306.jpg

_1735.jpeg

_36307.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that is great!!!! :appl: Beautiful set and I love a bargain! :love: It was good that it had GIA grading, because that's the only way to have assurance you are getting what they say!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had been reading PS and so I only would consider GIA graded diamonds. My first ring came from Zales and we were young and uninformed so I aimed to be a lot smarter this time around!

Q

Queenie60

Very nice wedding set - you did well with bargain hunting. Looks great on your hand. Enjoy for many years. :wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty wedding set. Congratulations.

Hipchik

Rough_Rock
So glad you had a good experience. Beautiful rings. We are bargain hunters also and upgraded locally with a preloved rings. Congrats on 10 years.

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on 10 years!
What a fantastic find! It looks wonderful on you and super sparkly! :love: :love: :love:

Crazie4Cuts

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks for letting us know how you were able to score such a find! Congratulations on your beautiful ring!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for all the compliments, I am loving my new rings!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on 10 years and on your lovely upgrade! Enjoy in health and happiness!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I think that is a gorgeous wedding set and what a great price!!! It looks perfect on your hand - congratulations on your anniversary.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A little better picture of the diamond. My amateur IPhone pics aren't really doing this stone it's full justice. :loopy:

_1916.jpeg

FancyIntense

Shiny_Rock
WOW! You did very well. That is a pretty princess cut and the setting.

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! Your new set is very pretty! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results