shape
carat
color
clarity

my #1 choice right now...opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kph77

Rough_Rock
I am seriously contemplating the following diamond for an engagement ring (thin platinum setting, if it matters).
Two things I''m really not clear about right now are the Measurements and the Girdle. Are these stats good?

Shape: A Cut Above H&A
Carat: 0.913
Color: G
Clarity: VS2
Measurements (mm): 6.23-6.25 x 3.85
Table: % 56
Depth: % 61.7
Crown: Angle 34.3
Crown: % 14.9
Pavilion Angle: 40.9
Pavilion: % 43.1
Polish: Ideal
Symmetry: Ideal
Girdle: Faceted 1.3% to 2.2%
Culet: Pointed
Fluorescence: Negligible
PRICE: $5256

HCA RESULTS:
Light Return: Ex
Fire: Ex
Scintillation: VG
Spread: VG
Total Visual Performance : 1.4 - Excellent

THANKS for your help!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
The stone looks like it could be an excellent choice. Great color and clarity (I have a G VS1 and its great), the dimensions look fantastic for the carat weight, the HCA gave it great scoring, and the pricing is on the money.

Why were you concerned about the dimensions and/or girdle? The girdle looks to be slightly thin to medium, which is an acceptable range for an ACA girdle average (note past posts on girdle dimensions for ACA stones and how the slightly thinner girdles are more acceptable for these cut stones); and the dimensions look great as the diamond is almost perfectly round (6.23-6.25 means only .02 variation) which is harder to find than say a stone with diameter of 6.23 and 6.30 which means the stone is a little bit more out of round...not a huge deal at all unless its a big difference, so your .02 is excellent.

Good luck!
1.gif
Maybe someone can do a DiamCalc if you post asking--though be prepared to possibly wait a day or two as everyone who has the program is often quite busy!

kph77

Rough_Rock
i wasn't "concerned" about the measurements or girdle, I just wasn't sure if those stats sounded good in the context of the rest of the diamond. I'm pretty new at this...don't know much beyond the 4Cs!

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful stone!!!!!!

The girdle is just fine and your diamond won't be likely to chip. It's truly a great stone from your data and Lesley is a real gem too!!!

kph77

Rough_Rock
OK, after all the fabulous feedback I'm fairly confident now that this is the stone I want. Since this is an online retailer (WhiteFlash), would it be wiser for me to get it delivered loose and then re-appraised, or to have them set it for me as well? Does anyone have experience with their settings? They have one on their site that is perfect! But I've heard that it's really important to get it very firmly set if you're getting a four-prong to ensure that the stone is totally stable.

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Hi KPH77!
wavey.gif

I recommend you receive it loose and ship it back to have it set. Two reasons. One, so you can have it independently verified. But, mainly, so you can thoroughly enjoy the experience of viewing the Hearts and Arrows. I have a White Flash ACA that I viewed loose first. White Flash's jewelers are tops. They custom made my diamond half-bezel pendant for me. Not a stamp out job. Hand Made!
4.gif

You will be able to see the Arrows with the naked eye, but you won't be able the Hearts once the diamond is set. White Flash sends a great H&A viewing kit with their ACA's. It is a part of the experience you should not miss. Hearts are seen through the viewer with the cutlet up and they are absolutely GORGEOUS! Then flip the diamond over and look at the Arrows in the face up position.

It is a sight to behold and you really don't want to miss it unless you need your ring ASAP. Shipping USPS Registered Mail, the return to White Flash only adds about a week to the whole setting/purchase time. If you can, take time to ENJOY the entire diamond buying experience!
2.gif

Heyjud

Shiny_Rock
WOW--it sounds like a beauty
All the numbers look just great
As far as - who should set it....
Depends if you want to wait.

If it were me I'd want to receive
The ring all finished and set
When you work with a reputable dealer....
I'd say that's your best bet!
1.gif
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results