shape
carat
color
clarity

My 1.5 radiant pendant

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Hi guys,
In my tradition of "change is good," (or at least different) I have had my ering stone put into a pendant. It''s very simple-maybe down the road I might embellish it, but for now I want to see if I like the whole pendant idea. I''m wearing my eternity band surrounded by two plat channel set bands as my wedding set, which has a nice symmetrical look to it. So, I just wanted to post this in case anyone ever wanted to see what a 1.5 radiant looks like on the neck. I should go put it in show me the ring, too.

radiant neck december.JPG

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Julia I have never seen a radiant pendant before and I really like the way that looks on your neck! Great idea. Nice to see that you are still doing some jewelry remodeling yourself!!!
9.gif

Edited to add: Can we see a pic of your eternity ring with the two bands???

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/22/2006 9:52:57 AM
Author: Sundial
Julia I have never seen a radiant pendant before and I really like the way that looks on your neck! Great idea. Nice to see that you are still doing some jewelry remodeling yourself!!!
9.gif

Edited to add: Can we see a pic of your eternity ring with the two bands???
Oh yes, any time is a good time for jewelry remodeling time!
9.gif
I was smiling seeing your remodel, at the same time I was having mine reset. Must be in the air. Here is a picture of the rings. I apologize for the terrible lighting--I''m not very good at this.

3ringtogether.JPG

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Oh I love that stacked ring look Julia! That really gives you some nice finger coverage and it gives your eternity band an entirely different look. Plus you can still wear it alone when the mood strikes. You are my remodeling hero!!!
2.gif

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
I love your radiant pendant! I was just thinking about if someday I upgrade my ring, that I will use my radiant in a pendant.

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/22/2006 10:13:16 AM
Author: Sundial
Oh I love that stacked ring look Julia! That really gives you some nice finger coverage and it gives your eternity band an entirely different look. Plus you can still wear it alone when the mood strikes. You are my remodeling hero!!!
2.gif
You know there is something that feels really good about more coverage. One ring makes me feel "1/2 way there" or something. The side rings seem to give the eternity something extra to reflect off of.

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/22/2006 10:13:29 AM
Author: coda72
I love your radiant pendant! I was just thinking about if someday I upgrade my ring, that I will use my radiant in a pendant.
Thanks! This is new territory for me-using this as a pendant-I really was nervous about doing it. I''m still not 100% sure about the chain though. Maybe needs a little more substantial? I swear in my dreams I would have a custom choker done with the radiant in the center of it--I know-kinda weird, but I have always loved chokers.

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
I like the chain, but then I really like thin chains. I''m also not a choker type person, but if that''s what you like, go for it! (I can''t stand anything tight on my neck. In fact I just sent a pendant back to get a longer chain because the 16 inch one just wasn''t long enough.)

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/22/2006 10:25:21 AM
I like the chain, but then I really like thin chains. I''m also not a choker type person, but if that''s what you like, go for it! (I can''t stand anything tight on my neck. In fact I just sent a pendant back to get a longer chain because the 16 inch one just wasn''t long enough.)
Coda-thanks for the affirmation of thinness. I had the jeweler shorten an 18" down to 16--I tend to look better in things closer to the neck (dunno why). Funny, I was wearing a turtleneck sweater yesterday and experimented popping the necklace out-it looked like I was trying just a little too hard, lol. I ended up tucking the thing inside--I guess I will have to wait til warm weather again for it to be visible.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
It looks great!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I like the thin chains too because I think they kind of disappear on the neck and it looks like your diamond is just floating on the skin!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

JustJulia, your pendant is wonderful. Could I borrow it?
2.gif

cheers--Sharon

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Michelle, Sundial, and Sharon, thank you thank you. Then I''ll keep the thin chain.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Its beautiful. I thought you had traded in your engagement stone for a eternity band and bigger earrings? Well whereever you got that stone it makes a very pretty pendant.

I have a solitaire pendant that was from my grandma and I find I wear it tons. Its round.

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my. I love it.
30.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very nice. I think it is the perfect length.

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/22/2006 11:38:02 AM
Author: asscherisme
Its beautiful. I thought you had traded in your engagement stone for a eternity band and bigger earrings? Well whereever you got that stone it makes a very pretty pendant.

I have a solitaire pendant that was from my grandma and I find I wear it tons. Its round.
You have a great memory! Yes, I did, but then I went and traded the earrings back for another rock. I know, confusing, but tons of fun. Do you have a picture of your grandmother''s pendant?

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/22/2006 12:22:23 PM
Author: Gothgrrl
Oh my. I love it.
30.gif
Thank you!

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/22/2006 3:33:17 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Very nice. I think it is the perfect length.
Thanks! I think the length is "perky."

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/22/2006 10:34:04 AM
Author: justjulia

Coda-thanks for the affirmation of thinness. I had the jeweler shorten an 18'' down to 16--I tend to look better in things closer to the neck (dunno why). Funny, I was wearing a turtleneck sweater yesterday and experimented popping the necklace out-it looked like I was trying just a little too hard, lol. I ended up tucking the thing inside--I guess I will have to wait til warm weather again for it to be visible.
Hey that used to be the STYLE! Now it''s just not done. Wait a year and all the teens will be doing that. NOT with a pendant as lovely as yours though.
9.gif

Love the pendant. What are the mm dimentions?

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/22/2006 10:29:59 PM
Author: Stone Hunter

Date: 12/22/2006 10:34:04 AM
Author: justjulia

Coda-thanks for the affirmation of thinness. I had the jeweler shorten an 18'' down to 16--I tend to look better in things closer to the neck (dunno why). Funny, I was wearing a turtleneck sweater yesterday and experimented popping the necklace out-it looked like I was trying just a little too hard, lol. I ended up tucking the thing inside--I guess I will have to wait til warm weather again for it to be visible.
Hey that used to be the STYLE! Now it''s just not done. Wait a year and all the teens will be doing that. NOT with a pendant as lovely as yours though.
9.gif

Love the pendant. What are the mm dimentions?
I''ll have to find my dimentions.... It''s funny-it appears to be almost pear shaped from a distance--optical allusion on the neck.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful! I love radiants, and it''s great to see one as a pendant!

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/24/2006 1:46:47 AM
Author: kcoursolle
It''s beautiful! I love radiants, and it''s great to see one as a pendant!
1.gif
Thanks. I think radiants make great pendant''s, too. I love how mine bevels around the sides and the rectangular shape-and the twinkle of it. I hadn''t thought of it before, but, yeah, "twinkle" is the word I would use to describe it. Nice effect for a pendant.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results